Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2015, 04:38 PM
Planar Protector

Willsapper / Red blade offhand (once patched) should be more aggro than dual SoDs I'm fairly sure. Also less ripostes which is nice.
Old 09-04-2015, 06:07 PM
Planar Protector

I just parsed Willsapper. It came in between 350-375 threat on the proc. I'll need to parse it again to verify and narrow the range down.
Old 09-10-2015, 01:35 PM
Kobold

So which of these are generally better than Sarnak Warhammer for aggro?
Old 09-10-2015, 01:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just parsed Willsapper. It came in between 350-375 threat on the proc. I'll need to parse it again to verify and narrow the range down.
I'm skeptical Willsapper is that little.

Based of Yaolin's chart, Ykesha is 575, red blade epic is 600 and Poison is 750.

That would put Infestation ahead of Red Blade and Willsapper.
Old 09-10-2015, 02:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm skeptical Willsapper is that little.

Based of Yaolin's chart, Ykesha is 575, red blade epic is 600 and Poison is 750.

That would put Infestation ahead of Red Blade and Willsapper.
Ykesha should be listed as 475, not 575, stun is stun (400) and the dd is straight addition (75). I've never seen any evidence of a specific ykesha bias in spell effect threat here. Sarnak warhammer has always held agro better for my warrior than ykeshan warclub, superior melee threat outweighs the bit of extra threat from the ykesha proc. All ykesha has going for it is the instant gratification of the mob turning immediately with a 0.0 sec stun instead of the 2 second delay with the warhammer.

Dunno if slow threat varies with the slow, but from my experiences in p99 (prior to velious release combat changes), the slow typically used by a mid-40s shaman has threat greater than:
* stun + an attack round from mid-40s paladin,
* flamelick + a dw attack round from mid-40s ranger,
and less than:
* 2x stun + paladin attack round,
* 2x flamelick + dw ranger attack round,
* stun + 2x dw warrior attack rounds,
* trochilc's skean proc + one dw warrior attack round
Old 09-10-2015, 03:06 PM
Sarnak

If anybody has parsed Wavecrasher versus Red epic I would be very interested in seeing the results. Hard to figure out which is better in main. WC is very strong agro.
Old 09-10-2015, 03:12 PM
Planar Protector

Something I'm not clear on:

Yaolin's Hate calculation chart doesn't account for double/triple attacks, as though the flat hate was per round not per swing.

My understanding was that hate is gained each time you swing, and the amount is flat regardless of miss, min hit or max hit. So swinging a double attack with a 2hander is twice the aggro of a single swing where the DA check fails.

Is this correct?

I could see Ykesha being a typo with stun and 75 DD on it.
Old 09-13-2015, 07:52 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Something I'm not clear on:

Yaolin's Hate calculation chart doesn't account for double/triple attacks, as though the flat hate was per round not per swing.

My understanding was that hate is gained each time you swing, and the amount is flat regardless of miss, min hit or max hit. So swinging a double attack with a 2hander is twice the aggro of a single swing where the DA check fails.

Is this correct?

I could see Ykesha being a typo with stun and 75 DD on it.
I have always thought this as well, same mechanic as an OT hammer as far as proc goes.
Closed Thread