Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: Do you agree to roll on scout?
Agree 153 65.95%
Disagree 79 34.05%
Voters: 232. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2017, 01:14 PM
Sarnak

??
Old 10-06-2017, 01:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreenk317 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ya, but if at the start of the roll someone declares that the rules are "Your roll, Your tools, Your disc, /random 1000". And you then roll, you have consented to the rules, otherwise, if you have issue with them you should have brought it up BEFORE you rolled.

Therefore, if the rules are stated by someone BEFORE the roll, and you roll, you have consented to said player made agreement.

Its like being in a group that is alpha rotating gems, if someone says alpha, and no one says otherwise, you cant them ninja loot all the gems and tell them to point to the forum post where the Alpha Loot agreement is outlined and you can "sign up" for it. Thats just stupid logic.
THen you show up 2 mins before spawn, ooc "not rolling" and turn in. This is you you either need 100% agreement among players or a GM enforce rule.

Its way better to have a solidified base set up here besides just one side trying to enforce their entitlement rules and then a significant number of people disagreeing and turning into clickfest.

---

And no, this is not a solidified rule set until a GM says it is. Until then it is an open discussion on how to fairly decide loot. YOU as a player do not decide what all other players have to do, especially when a significant amount do not agree with you.

Deciding someone arbitrarily does not need it, is, in fact, not fair at all. So what if they dont specifically need it? As I said before, maybe they really could use it and are sporting bronze bracers @ 55, but they decide the 20k is better for them as it lets them get another item they are more in need of. Anyone could use 20k if sold. And someone said about turning up every 10 hours for a quick buck? Youre joining in every 10 hours for a quick loot. Its all the same, you are just greedy and want better chances for yourself.

Having 20 people show up and rolling means 20 people are taking their time, having gotten CoV faction on 20 people, and having gotten tools to show up. I am not part of some batphone crew and I do not have a playerbase guild that will all simulatenously log in to roll, so this doesnt apply to me. I have only ever been here with maybe 4? other people I am even distantly related to, andn we all needed it. However, it is completely fair to bring a whole raid force in to roll, as they are spending their time here instead of somewhere else.

You rolling 20 times is you just making a poor arguement that doesnt apply here.

Again, stop being greedy and feeling entitled to loot, just pray your dice are lucky as everyone else is doing.
Old 10-06-2017, 01:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrenolineLove [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What you are proposing is a greedy agenda. Being able to provide weighted rolls for your friends so they can sell items is fucking greedy. I dont know how else to explain that to you. "They all showed up so they put in the time" does not apply when they are just showing up to ensure one person has an unfair advantage.

If I showed up every 10 hours and rolled 20 times, you would say "go fuck yourself" wouldn't you? It's the same thing.
Also, how is this a greedy agenda? I have not won turn in once despite showing up numerous times and rolling fairly. I do not bring a "roll squad" to roll with me. No one I am personally acquainted / friends with has sold disk rights. All I want is for this to be completely fair and unbiased. Bringing 20 people that all roll to let you win, means you have a great set of friends willing to spend their time to help you. How does people spending their time and energy not apply when they are, in fact, spending their time and energy?

Again, stop being greedy for yourself, let the loot be fairly distributed, and let go of your self-entitled loot.
Old 10-06-2017, 01:22 PM
Fire Giant

I don't even need or want the ring, but voting no, we need less petitionable things, not more. By all means blacklist a player breaking a player-made agreement. God it must suck to be a GM right now, having a 1,000 item list for whiners and tattletales. I bet they go through a bottle of whiskey a week
Old 10-06-2017, 01:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legidias [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Anyone could use 20k if sold.
looking forward to green guys [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-06-2017, 01:31 PM
Large Bat

jesus christ do I really have to explain NBG (Need before greed) to you Legidias? You dont roll on items in a group that arent an upgrade for you. You dont go to a pickup group and have 4 people from your guild roll for you and give you the item if they win. I dont know how you cant see his point on this.
Old 10-06-2017, 01:32 PM
Aviak

Scout is a FTE turn-in quest mob. Rolling for turn-in and loot rights is a shit show. Period.
Old 10-06-2017, 01:34 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErlickBachman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Scout is a FTE turn-in quest mob. Rolling for turn-in and loot rights is a shit show. Period.
Not really. Why dont you come attend one? its worked great for months.

Glittersings / Glittercharms / Glitterheals <Anonymous>
Old 10-06-2017, 01:36 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErlickBachman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Couldn't agree more. Its just more unnecessary dramatic bullshit that the peons of Norrath try to make classic function as non-classic.
Old 10-06-2017, 01:36 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perissh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So, because this is how you decided the rules should be done, this is how everyone has to do that?

In that case, all Fungi Tunics that drop should automatically be handed to my toons. Feel free to not follow these rules, and i will enjoy petitioning you.

Did you realize how condescending, and elitist you actually come off while typing what you just typed, or are you so delusional that you actually think people should adhere to any rule you decide needs to be put in play?

"This isn't a discussion" That my friend, is what is wrong with this whole thread. You posted this with no intention of having a civilized conversation, but instead, just to make everyone do what you want.

Ayo check it out, look up top. This is a poll where you either agree or disagree. Once the vote is cast, we are trying to have a GM make this a rule. This isnt MY rule. This is the voted on rule. But thanks for trying.

Glittersings / Glittercharms / Glitterheals <Anonymous>
Closed Thread