Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2013, 10:43 PM
Kobold

Default Too many marauders in field of bone

In field of bone, there is an uneven amount of iksar marauders spawning. In that zone there are in order of difficulty footpad, bandit, brigand, marauder. In many levels on iksar chars on live i remember the noob side of the pit as well as the spot behind the pit having footpads, bandits, and OCCASSIONALLY a brigand. When you get closer to kurns or on the other side of the pit, you would see more brigands and maybe a marauder.

I'm seeing marauders everywhere. Right now I'm on the noobie ledge between kaesora and the pit and there are 20 marauders, 1 large scorpion, and one iksar bandit. In the pit there are at least 5 marauders in the noobie side.
Old 04-19-2013, 12:54 PM
Kobold

P.S. The reason I've posted this is that there was a smoother progression of available mobs on live. There is a good spawn setup for noobs from 1-8 here, but from 8-12 you are screwed since the marauders are too hard to kill and very few of the intermediate difficulty iksars are spawning.
Old 04-20-2013, 03:24 PM
Project Manager

Modified, pending update.

This was not far off, but I can see under certain cases a full zone repop would seem like too many marauders. After killing them off, the ratio should be better, but if no one is killing in the zone, that wouldn't happen. Let me know if it needs more work after next patch.
Old 04-22-2013, 01:39 PM
Kobold

Thank you nilbog. You guys are doing amazing work. I only wish I knew C++ (17 years of dev, architecture, and database and somehow I kept it to Java, C#, and ruby *shrug*). If only more folks understood the amount of work that goes into running an authoritative server!
Closed Thread