Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2011, 03:46 AM
Banned

Why would anyone play on another server? P99 pwns
Old 02-16-2011, 06:06 AM
Kobold

Played on it for about 15 minutes. It's hilarious how an emulated version of the 12 year old Everquest is such a superior gameplay experience.

The modern client runs like complete shit with wild frame rate drops in newbie zones without much on screen. It is ridiculously obnoxious just to turn your camera around because it will slow down so much when looking at distant terrain and then speed way up when looking at the ground/walls. The revamped zones all look like bad Luclin zones too.

Then I attack level one mobs. Trivial kills, of course -- until I pull this level one mob which for some reason has something like two or three times the hitpoints and hit way harder, and promptly die to the not-killable-at-level-one white con mob. Nice tuning there.

Respawn with items on death. Start with mediate. Start with maxed sense heading. Start with all your skills capped for your first level. Start with a backpack. A server with even more powerful pets, retarded monk damage, retarded HT damage, more powerful jewelry, marketplace bought +exp potions, and god knows what else. No thanks.

Thank you Project 1999 devs for making the best MMORPG currently online.
Old 02-16-2011, 06:37 AM
Planar Protector

Gotta say... the prog server is quite genius from a business stand point.

You have the overly competitive players who, in the hardcore raiding guilds, will be told that exp potions are mandatory to get to the end game quicker, and so you'll have these suckers subscribing (probably multiple accounts) and then buying multiple exp potions on them. Then these people will get to end game, farm it relentlessly, and then be dependant on the REST of the server to unlock the next expansion for them... which could be months.

Sony may suck at running games, but they're quite good at running a business...

I tried logging in, couldn't get in so i gave up.

I enchant things...
Old 02-16-2011, 10:07 AM
Sarnak

Thought I should point out that they took HT out of the game. Made it an AA, which are all restricted until Luclin is released. I'm sure once they tune it, they'll put it back out again.

And the experience potions are only +10% experience. That is crap compared to what you normally could get, such as the +50% potions. People want to play their money on that, and gain an extra 10%, it's not going to make a huge difference in the end.
Old 02-16-2011, 10:11 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crone [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thought I should point out that they took HT out of the game. Made it an AA, which are all restricted until Luclin is released. I'm sure once they tune it, they'll put it back out again.

And the experience potions are only +10% experience. That is crap compared to what you normally could get, such as the +50% potions. People want to play their money on that, and gain an extra 10%, it's not going to make a huge difference in the end.
The truth is,

Well 10% more expierence will make a diff. Especially during the higher levels. That means 10 mobs grant 1 free mob of exp. If you add up the mobs based upon level. By the time you are 50 thats a lot of fuckin mobs.... And exp mind you.... free levels...

How much are they chargin for it and duration???

Old 02-16-2011, 01:06 PM
Fire Giant

I tried it out and the xp rate is a lot slower than on P99 at early levels (even considering the lack of racial xp penalties on this new progression server).

I am level 3 now with 190 bone chips to my name. Keep in mind that decaying skeletons con dark blue at level 3 on that server and you can see how crazy that xp rate is (since I have done it all solo and most skeletons drop 1 bone chip, some drop none and some drop two this would average out to almost 200 skeletons killed).

It is entertaining but definitely does not feel like classic whatsoever, it feels like Sony EQ live with massive xp nerf and most the game locked.
Closed Thread