Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2012, 02:42 PM
Planar Protector

I want to belive you, I really do. However, you don't know the character's name who trained you. You have cited no /tells. It doesn't have to be verbatim, but something close of your "proof". Only thing I can say is I am sorry if there are truly asshats on this server purposely training.
Old 02-28-2012, 02:59 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqravenprince [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I want to belive you, I really do. However, you don't know the character's name who trained you. You have cited no /tells. It doesn't have to be verbatim, but something close of your "proof". Only thing I can say is I am sorry if there are truly asshats on this server purposely training.
I'm not posting so that you or anyone else will believe me. Also I remember the guys name from yesterday but I refuse to even post it. Lastly, i'm not letting anyone see the tells but I do have them.

The name of the thread is "Anyone else having problems with unanswered petitions?". I gave my petitions stories as two trains that were unanswered. I'm fine with answering questions about my petition but the whole thread isn't about whether or not my petition is a fake.
Old 02-28-2012, 06:20 PM
Fire Giant

I petitioned once in the last couple days for people training. They continued to do it for a while and I can only assume that a GM came into the zone in "GM mode", invis and what not and watched it because after a few more times the trainer was offline. Maybe they just got bored and logged, or maybe they took me seriously when I informed them I had fraps running.

IMO feign death classes should get ONE warning period. Sure you can flop over to save your skin at any moment, but with great power comes great responsibility. If saving your own skin means killing others, purposefully or not you have committed an offence. Sorry but the driver who spills his coffee on his lap and kills a pedestrian because of it still goes to jail - intent or not.
Old 02-28-2012, 06:42 PM
Fire Giant

My advice to you is to do anything except reply in kind. In scenarios like this, you might consider telling your guild about it to get this guys name spread around - and you can tell him so too. Ultimately, reputation does affect players. If you are not a member of this guild than you can tell friends or groupmates. You could also consider posting a more expllicit version, including with names, of what went on.

My own take on scenarios like this is I tell the person what I think and then I simply log onto an alt and do something else that I am interested in doing. They won't be there forever. I usually tell people that I know about it as well.
Old 02-28-2012, 06:45 PM
Sarnak

Actually most crimes have an intent (mens rea) and action (actus rea) component and both need to be proven (in most western countries) for someone to be liable for punishment.

Not being a smart ass with that comment, I have accidentally trained people running to zone line and I don't think I should get in trouble for it just because I did it. I think at the end of the day, if you see a sk, monk, necro killing crap nearby you should be expecting they might FD at some time and if its that big of a deal you should move elsewhere.

just my opinion.

As to petition, been waiting a week but since GM's are doing this for free I really don't mind.
Old 02-28-2012, 06:54 PM
VIP / Contributor

Most times it's just myself doing petitions while Amelinda is dealing with other stuff. All the good petitions pop up after I log off for the night or had to go to class. I like to show up hidden and watch then lay the hammer down if need be.

I typically do roughly 50-70 petitions a day. 20ish of them are " omg my pet ate my quest items" or " I need ip exemptions for my 7 accounts" so I can chop those off right away. All the rest are a hit or miss if I'm online when the person needs help.

All in all I try and get the petitions done when I'm online, I just can't happen to be online everyday all day.

My best advice about petitions is just be patient or work it out yourself. It won't always work that way and you'll be pissed at that douchebag, but not much else can be done. Leave 1 petition in with as much detail as you can. Sending in another petition just cuts off the first petition so we end up with only half the information.

I do keep a list of "Trainers" "KSers" "Dirt Bags" and 2boxers. I do keep a list of the stuff put in petitions in case I see the issue happen again with someone else. It's nice to have the history of people when dealing with them.
Old 02-28-2012, 06:57 PM
Sarnak

Please be wait patiently for a response of a GM. With the current situation and influx lately in Stress, Coding, Customer service. Keep in mind that this is only a small team of individuals donating their time to help you and others enjoy a near classic experience. Please just give it some time, I know you personally might feel your petition might be first priority but in reality we/you have no general idea of whats going behind the scene and what they have on their plates. Given the history I've seen from the small force of Dev's they reply in a reasonable time and other case's might take longer to look into. So please just hang in there and help will be along soon

Safe Travels,

Crackzilla
Old 02-28-2012, 07:03 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikonoclastia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Actually most crimes have an intent (mens rea) and action (actus rea) component and both need to be proven (in most western countries) for someone to be liable for punishment.

Not being a smart ass with that comment, I have accidentally trained people running to zone line and I don't think I should get in trouble for it just because I did it. I think at the end of the day, if you see a sk, monk, necro killing crap nearby you should be expecting they might FD at some time and if its that big of a deal you should move elsewhere.

just my opinion.

As to petition, been waiting a week but since GM's are doing this for free I really don't mind.
Meh. Even though your character "dies," no physical harm happens, so you aren't talking about a crime here, training would most likely be considered a tortuous offense. You are suffering harm in lost time/XP or whatever, but that can theoretically be made well with financial restitution.

So, under negligence, does the FD class have a duty of care to others or are they allowed to flop their mobs around w/o disregard? The restatement doesn't say anything about Everquest.

ETA: My whole point was that mens rea and actus rea aren't going to apply outside of the criminal scope and I don't think people are getting locked up fo EQ training yet.
Last edited by oddibemcd; 02-28-2012 at 07:09 PM..
Old 02-28-2012, 07:30 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddibemcd [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Meh. Even though your character "dies," no physical harm happens, so you aren't talking about a crime here, training would most likely be considered a tortuous offense. You are suffering harm in lost time/XP or whatever, but that can theoretically be made well with financial restitution.

So, under negligence, does the FD class have a duty of care to others or are they allowed to flop their mobs around w/o disregard? The restatement doesn't say anything about Everquest.

ETA: My whole point was that mens rea and actus rea aren't going to apply outside of the criminal scope and I don't think people are getting locked up fo EQ training yet.
Yeah, I was replying to the "if you spill your coffee while driving and kill someone you still go to jail" comment a couple of posts above.

I think intent should still apply to 'eq crimes' like training. Shit happens.
Old 02-28-2012, 08:18 PM
Aviak

Most everyone responding seems to think i'm attacking the people who answer petitions. The intelligent people would realize that i'm asking out of concern. Yes, they do this out of their free time but that doesn't mean I should never be able to have a concern about petitions.

I didn't recieve a response to two different training situations where I got screwed over and the trainer got a camp and such to himself. If you train and get what you want with no punishment, i'd like to punish you with a training war.
Last edited by bounky47; 02-28-2012 at 08:21 PM..
Closed Thread