Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2014, 02:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grozmok [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Any thoughts on your death mechanic yet?
From what I could gather from the first couple of Q&As with Brad, there won't be "tedious" corpse runs... but he agreed that the players should "fear" dying and there will be some kind of XP loss.

EQ2 had it nailed at its launch, super hardcore. If someone in your group died you'd all lose XP. I remember a group wipe in some CB type zone and everyone raging in group chat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-26-2014, 02:30 PM
Fire Giant

It's in the faq you lazy bastards
Old 01-26-2014, 02:30 PM
Pantheon Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_gnoll_pup [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh, I meant in terms of content itself - ie; we'd prototype the zone in EQEmulator/EQ Client, and change the models/textures on production. We have the ability to add doors to make a flat, grassy zone into an entirely new area. Please see the following if you have time:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuIMrW7QOzI

and this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGRINKNVx5A
Oh wow, good stuff! I'll ask the team about it, thanks - might be a bit before I have an answer, Brad and Salim have interviews lined up today with KTAM and a few other things, but I'll let you know if I hear anything back on that.
Old 01-26-2014, 02:32 PM
Pantheon Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grozmok [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Any thoughts on your death mechanic yet?
Originally we were shooting for death mechanics similar to Vanguard's - exp debt, gear durability hit, and leaving a tombstone. The more we've talked about it though, we're considering going with something a bit more severe - nothing set in stone just yet, though.
Old 01-26-2014, 02:33 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceythos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh wow, good stuff! I'll ask the team about it, thanks - might be a bit before I have an answer, Brad and Salim have interviews lined up today with KTAM and a few other things, but I'll let you know if I hear anything back on that.
Awesome! I mentioned it already to Brad & I think it'd be pretty cool to involve P99/EQEmu's efforts in developing content somehow, as EQEmulator is a familiar platform for us.

I know some of us here and elsewhere would be dying to prototype some content that could ultimately be re-textured/remodeled with actual lore-specific NPCs to Pantheon, myself included.
Old 01-26-2014, 03:25 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceythos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Originally we were shooting for death mechanics similar to Vanguard's - exp debt, gear durability hit, and leaving a tombstone. The more we've talked about it though, we're considering going with something a bit more severe - nothing set in stone just yet, though.
Having an attachment to the outcome is important but I think too severe will drive away players.

I think this too is about striking a balance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milo Cooper, Senior Artist, SOE
Shut up and give me my ten bucks per month, little man. My Porsche needs some performance upgrades.
Old 01-26-2014, 03:30 PM
Pantheon Developer

Quote:
Having an attachment to the outcome is important but I think too severe will drive away players.

I think this too is about striking a balance.
Couldn't agree more. Death should be feared, but it also shouldn't kick you too hard in the privates every time, either. Otherwise you end up getting far more frustration than enjoyment. Also if it's *too* harsh, it could lead to discouraging exploration.
Old 01-26-2014, 07:56 PM
Planar Protector

Apparently it came out in the KTAM interview that some of the devs play here on p99........

Listening to it now but thats pretty cool. http://173.193.205.96:2197/ondemand/...019%202014.mp3
Old 01-26-2014, 08:06 PM
Fire Giant

There's a shocker!

It's the best 'vanilla' EverQuest experience you can get IMO.

SOE tried to do it, but fucked up their own shit lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milo Cooper, Senior Artist, SOE
Shut up and give me my ten bucks per month, little man. My Porsche needs some performance upgrades.
Old 01-26-2014, 08:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pringles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Apparently it came out in the KTAM interview that some of the devs play here on p99........

Listening to it now but thats pretty cool. http://173.193.205.96:2197/ondemand/...019%202014.mp3
couldnt click the link but that is pretty cool that they play here.

Oh yea .... Piss Off.

H
Closed Thread