Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2013, 10:57 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Why is fungi still 100k?

I am not understanding this, with all the duping, and all the farming of fungi's. You would think the price of a fungi would have dropped 10 fold. There are so many being sold now. At first the price was justifiable by supply, and demand, but there is sure lot of supply on hand.
Old 07-25-2013, 11:00 AM
Planar Protector

They are abundant true but it is an immensely useful item that is usable by many classes in many situations. There is a very strong demand for fungis plus a lot of platinum in circulation which trumps the fact that there are so many on the server. Probably the single most powerful item for leveling lower level toons.
Old 07-25-2013, 11:11 AM
Fire Giant

i used to have a hard time selling them for 50k back at this time last year =(

[ANONYMOUS] dip|o the Conjurer
Old 07-25-2013, 11:17 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinlain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am not understanding this, with all the duping, and all the farming of fungi's. You would think the price of a fungi would have dropped 10 fold. There are so many being sold now. At first the price was justifiable by supply, and demand, but there is sure lot of supply on hand.
I think it is honestly because so many of them were farmed and never sold. There is an artifical shortage.

Case in point, Luca's EC auction thread recently was testing the market on selling 5 pacs & 10 pacs of fungi tunics.

Assumption would be that Luca therefor has at least 10 if not far more than 10 tunics banked on alts.

It is kind of like the diamond industry, the fact that 2 people could duo fungi king and a small group of them could rotate in and out and hold the camp and monopolize the farm essentially let people control the market.

The biggest argument I had for the price going down with the invis nerf is that by forcing people to use full groups it makes it harder for a couple of people to camp & control the market. More people in group = more chance people are selling them and/or the ability for more people to simply camp the tunic instead of being forced to buy it because they are not a level 60 shaman or monk =P

Of course the patch also caused the problem of people not knowing how to camp fungi without invis pulling, which I believe has been overcome by now since I saw full circle camping it a few times.

Now the problem is ddos causing groups there to die =P
Old 07-25-2013, 11:27 AM
Banned

Or maybe people that farmed them want to sell right now because its nerfed to duo the camp now so price went up? Lmao.
Old 07-25-2013, 11:28 AM
Kobold

Is anyone actually paying that price?
Old 07-25-2013, 11:33 AM
Planar Protector

Part prob since the groups doing king don't stay together as long as the duos did. Harder to find 3-4 people to sit there clearing 12h straight than it was to get one bp cleric to unafk every 25mins for a ph kill.

Not sure why it's gone up to 100k tho, probably just people trying to artificially increase price tags by all group-pretending that the invis nerf is such a huge deal. Rest of item prices have plummeted pretty hard, RBGs went from hitting 80-90k in summer to 50-60k now. Methinks end of summer gonna result in alot of prices starting to hurtle downwards again, so folks can ask 100k for their fungis long as they want, eventually they're gonna find that they don't sell consistently for that, just like the guy's that are still asking 150k+ for their CoFs. I spent like week at EC trying to sell one for that month or two ago, gonna doubt anyone asking that is selling it until they accept a lower offer for it.
Last edited by Brut; 07-25-2013 at 11:36 AM..
Old 07-25-2013, 11:53 AM
Planar Protector

I remember back before invis pulling, or when people didnt use it , we would actually pull the camp and kill mushrooms, much more fun than single pull gg
52 Monk Happytime
Old 07-25-2013, 12:01 PM
Planar Protector

Fools gonna pay 100k.
Jerks gonna sell at 100k.
Old 07-25-2013, 12:02 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by myriverse [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fools gonna pay 100k.
Jerks gonna sell at 100k.
Closed Thread