Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2010, 02:15 PM
Sarnak

Am level 15 so far playing the pc version, I'm probably 2/3rds of the way through the main story without any major bugs or problems at all so far. Guess maybe I'm in luck that my computer is relatively old?
Old 10-22-2010, 02:16 PM
Sarnak

ps this game is awesome fuck the haters
Old 10-22-2010, 02:22 PM
Kobold

I bought the collectors edition for the xbox360. I loved fo3 so much that I don't see how I won't enjoy this game. I'm just going to save twice as much to avoid losing data to any crashes.
Old 10-22-2010, 03:14 PM
Fire Giant

the problems i'm having with this game are 90% related to bugs and crashing. it feels worse than fo3 was at release (which was pretty bad). how bad are the bugs? your mileage may vary. but any time there are 4 or more NPCs the game comes to a halt for me (i just bought a new video card less than 2 months ago), and like i've said i've had to deal with several crashes, and i'm certainly not the only person dealing with this fucking nonsense. i already stated that the game was acceptable if you set aside all of the glitches and bugs, so i'm not going to disclaim myself any further.
Old 10-22-2010, 03:32 PM
Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickled_heretic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the problems i'm having with this game are 90% related to bugs and crashing. it feels worse than fo3 was at release (which was pretty bad). how bad are the bugs? your mileage may vary. but any time there are 4 or more NPCs the game comes to a halt for me (i just bought a new video card less than 2 months ago), and like i've said i've had to deal with several crashes, and i'm certainly not the only person dealing with this fucking nonsense. i already stated that the game was acceptable if you set aside all of the glitches and bugs, so i'm not going to disclaim myself any further.
To offer a random question/advice, did you install the visual c++ and directx versions *from* the F:NV installer? They weren't auto-checked for me.
Old 10-22-2010, 03:34 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickled_heretic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
hey don't worry dude it's ok that your opinions are bad. which they certainly are if you think that new vegas is just 'acceptable'.
Old 10-22-2010, 04:33 PM
Fire Giant

I installed everything they wanted me to install. The 2 patches released in the last 24 hours didn't fix shit either, but a simple 100kb file in the root directory I downloaded (3rd party fix) was at least able to fix my FPS issues. I am now able to run on ultra high with 4xAA without any drop in FPS. I was playing again today, however, and decided to murder a NPC I was interrogating. As soon as he died, the game crashed. I am now getting CTD every time I restart the game.
Old 11-01-2010, 02:42 PM
Project Manager

Something in vault 3 corrupts saved games, FYI. I lost a couple hours of gameplay, so I will join the rants. Loading a game prior to entering vault 3 worked fine, so that is my assumption.

Avoid Vault 3 until a patch.
Old 11-01-2010, 02:48 PM
Sarnak

I'm loving the game. Took me away from Bonus XP in P99 which is saying something. Dammit, I should have taken advantage of this exp.
Closed Thread