Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2012, 02:28 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ele [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If someone interprets a discussion of how loot is handled in a group as "loot whorish", that person needs to chill. A two-minute discussion up front saves a lot of headache once something actually drops and six different people have six different ideas of what is fair/assumed loot distribution.

Otherwise, the only safe assumption to make is everyone rolls on everything that drops as it drops.
My first point was this:

So I am forming a King group and as the leader of the group I inform everyone that we are going to do the loot such and such a way. They all say "yea, whatever." Someone leaves and another joins and I announce the rules again in group. Again someone leaves and someone joins. Other people in the group are gonna think I am a loot whore and all I care about is loot because I keep bringing it up.

In a perfect world it gets announced each time but to everyone else in the group it sounds bad.

If you think you can safely assume that everyone rolls on everything, even after they won something, you are going to be in for a lot of disappointment. I think you will not find many people that believe that is fair.

Asher
Old 04-12-2012, 03:06 PM
Banned

Now what if we were to bring the real money value of that Fungi into question. How would this situation play out if this dude just jacked you for $50-70 dollars?
Old 04-12-2012, 03:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szeth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Now what if we were to bring the real money value of that Fungi into question. How would this situation play out if this dude just jacked you for $50-70 dollars?
I'd have just ninja looted it and laughed.
Old 04-12-2012, 04:02 PM
Planar Protector

Group with people who share your views on loot

or be prepared to roll on everything.

sell and split stuff usually works out pretty good though imo.. you might not get the "retail" value of an item if you are trying to sell and split fast but everybody gets something that way. (see enough big drops and you can just outright buy whatever it is you want.)

and usually somebody in the group wants to buy the item anyways so they end up with a discount.

It comes down to perception i suppose.. but whats better to you.. one person gets an 80/90K fungi.. or everybody in group gets 20~25k?
Old 04-12-2012, 05:58 PM
Banned

If I was the group leader I would have just told him if he doesn't like the rules he can leave. It's that simple.

It goes both ways. He wants to be a greedy faggot, he can wait for a group full of his type after you leave. Should have took control of the situation and assigned it to someone else.
Old 04-12-2012, 06:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarrisonStillPosting [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If I was the group leader I would have just told him if he doesn't like the rules he can leave. It's that simple.

It goes both ways. He wants to be a greedy faggot, he can wait for a group full of his type after you leave. Should have took control of the situation and assigned it to someone else.
pretty sure Xaine could have just taken screenshots of the /random outcomes and used that as proof he won it fair and square.

So what if the group kicks him out, he won 2 fungis
Old 04-12-2012, 09:07 PM
Banned

If the group decided (like he did) on a whim, it's not up to him anymore.

The problem is you caved in to his faggotry and greed, really.
Old 04-13-2012, 12:07 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarrisonStillPosting [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If the group decided (like he did) on a whim, it's not up to him anymore.

The problem is you caved in to his faggotry and greed, really.
Except you can't announce new rules de facto. This type of situation has been going on for ages and, quite frankly, I'm fairly certain that given the opportunity the rest of the group members would have taken two fungis. The problem is they didn't win them.

Live-
Icelf Crystalfrost - 65 Iksar Beastlord (Saryrn)
Icelf Crystalfrost - 51 Human Ranger (Bertox)
Old 04-13-2012, 12:21 AM
Banned

The group can do whatever it wants to. It's a group decision.

If the player decided on a whim he wants to be a douchebag and take two fungis, the group can decide on a whim he can't. Both rules weren't discussed and one doesn't take precedence over the other just because you want it to.
Old 04-13-2012, 12:22 AM
Fire Giant

This thread is no longer about Xaine and is now about Harrison.

Stop me when I get to the part I'm supposed to be surprised about.

Also Grats Xaine!!!!
Closed Thread