Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: Which system would you prefer on p99?
Core mechanics with Titanium Client 60 60.00%
Fully Classic with Trilogy Client 40 40.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2013, 01:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamwiseRed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i think hybrid penalty should only apply to you when you are solo. not classic but its like, my opinion man.
That would be just as dumb. The Penalties existed because someone was too high on cocaine to realize it was an absolutely dipshit idea.

Why should any class take longer to level than any other class, killing the same set of mobs? Hybrids hardly get shit of the spells from the classes they are mixing, definitely no where near the amount to penalize them.
Old 09-01-2013, 01:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyCranston [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why should any class take longer to level than any other class, killing the same set of mobs?
Because EQ isn't WoW?

Yeah, they got the some of the penalties wrong. Chanters and necros and shamans shoulda had big penalties and warriors and rogues shoulda had big bonuses and other classes should have been found inbetween. That sucks. But they got some right too. SK/pal tanks are way more than 40% better than warriors in xp groups, plus they have a knack for solo/duo/trio that warriors often lack; it's not entirely insane for them to have an xp penalty.

The weird/dumb/unplanned stuff that was present on live and is present on p99 is a HUGE part of what makes EQ so great. The people who truly like their class play it regardless of xp bonus or xp penalty. 60 rangers are proud to be 60 rangers instead of just another epic rogue or whatever. Etc.

Would most of us have preferred things a bit different? Yeah. Are most of us still playing p99 now, over a decade later, because this game is still better than anything else even with its little (or big) quirks and imbalances? Fuck yeah.
Old 09-01-2013, 04:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weekapaug [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I agree, but I don't know why people keep saying you couldn't duck spell casts....I did it during classic in 99 on my wiz constantly.
Ducking would not instantly cancel a spell cast, it was implemented midway through Velious. If you were ducking by the time the spell was finishing its timer, then it would cause an interrupt.

The implementation on Red99 is era correct, Blue99 has the patched version.
Old 09-01-2013, 04:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Personaly i think you should stick to the hybrid only because its already been that way for years now, it woulda been cool if it had been fully classic from the get-go but as it stands it would be silly to strip away the stuff that everyone is so used to now.
die carebear scum
Old 09-01-2013, 05:00 PM
Aviak

Sucketh thee upon my E-balls.
Old 09-01-2013, 05:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weekapaug [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I agree, but I don't know why people keep saying you couldn't duck spell casts....I did it during classic in 99 on my wiz constantly.
No you didn't. It was changed prior to Luclin release.
Old 09-01-2013, 09:12 PM
Fire Giant

I did, but may have waited till the end of the cast timer, since the other poster mentions it.
Old 09-07-2013, 07:08 AM
Fire Giant

I don't, personally, care for every single aspect of classic, but what I don't understand is, if you aren't into true classic, why play here?

For a breezy classic-ish tour?

Give me my boat rides, old toon graphics, my level 12 epiced rogue alt and funghi tunic that I got on EZ Mode, but hold all the little bullshit that adds up to real challenge? Keep the custom UIs and item linking 'cause I'm a new skoool kid and deserve it? Oh nos...I have to look at a book to med while I play my op caster?

Just don't get it.

There IS no classic EQ without all of the little bullshit that goes with it. The game was designed around it. A lot of you guys talk a big game but are the very same "give me my mmo on a silver platter" entitled douches as the wow kids. You just think you are different because you play a 14 year old game with 8 year old conveninces. And voice chat.

If you can't play the game with a single bank of 6 hotkeys and one chat window, you're a noob. And if you complain about it, you're pathetic.

Barring that, everything you have done was done on EZ-Mode. Including what raid targets you have locked down and your fucking epic.

Sorry, but it had to be said.
Last edited by Weekapaug; 09-07-2013 at 08:30 AM..
Old 09-07-2013, 11:11 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I don't, personally, care for every single aspect of classic, but what I don't understand is, if you aren't into true classic, why play here?

For a breezy classic-ish tour?

Give me my boat rides, old toon graphics, my level 12 epiced rogue alt and funghi tunic that I got on EZ Mode, but hold all the little bullshit that adds up to real challenge? Keep the custom UIs and item linking 'cause I'm a new skoool kid and deserve it? Oh nos...I have to look at a book to med while I play my op caster?

Just don't get it.

There IS no classic EQ without all of the little bullshit that goes with it. The game was designed around it. A lot of you guys talk a big game but are the very same "give me my mmo on a silver platter" entitled douches as the wow kids. You just think you are different because you play a 14 year old game with 8 year old conveninces. And voice chat.

If you can't play the game with a single bank of 6 hotkeys and one chat window, you're a noob. And if you complain about it, you're pathetic.

Barring that, everything you have done was done on EZ-Mode. Including what raid targets you have locked down and your fucking epic.

Sorry, but it had to be said.
He has some valid points. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread