Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2018, 02:02 PM
Kobold

Acid House and DnB are the only acceptable forms of electronic music.
Old 03-04-2018, 11:13 PM
Sarnak

>still has an XY chromosome

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-04-2018, 11:16 PM
Banned

So wut?
Old 03-07-2018, 12:11 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by aMindAmok [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Acid House and DnB are the only acceptable forms of electronic music.
I mean, synthwave is pretty damn good

Its not the 90s anymore, theres new genres in electronic now
Old 03-07-2018, 12:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayDee [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Strobe on loop for eternity

Quote:
Originally Posted by xKoopa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

True, I actually got bored of the stream I was listening to. I was contemplating letting this thread die.
Old 03-07-2018, 08:17 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by xKoopa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

There are many pleasant forms of electonica to be sure and I sometimes enjoy them for short periods. However, I still find early iterations such as house, acid, dnb, and techno as the forms with the greatest ingenuity and appeal. There is something special about what they produced in the 80s and 90s without all the easily accessible "instruments" and production tools.
Old 03-07-2018, 08:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aMindAmok [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There are many pleasant forms of electonica to be sure and I sometimes enjoy them for short periods. However, I still find early iterations such as house, acid, dnb, and techno as the forms with the greatest ingenuity and appeal. There is something special about what they produced in the 80s and 90s without all the easily accessible "instruments" and production tools.
Yeah, totally, something about hearing those first sounds. Some good producers knew what equipment someone had by sounds alone. It's very nostalgic for me.
Old 03-07-2018, 08:26 PM
Banned

Vordhosbn by Apex Twin
Old 03-08-2018, 08:50 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Hell yeah! A lot of those early tracks can still go off on a night out. I have a weekly open format residency at a bar and run a monthly electronic night at a club. I started collecting music of all kinds about 20 years ago so I can go pretty deep in many different genres if I want. As long as a song is good it will still resonate with a modern crowd. However, the expectations of the crowd makes it hard to get away with doing more than maybe 1 or 2 throwbacks in a night depending on genre. Like with Hip Hop you can burn through several 90s/2000s tracks and people will get hyped up but if you do it for too long it gets a bit boring for them. With electronic music the length of what is acceptable to a play a song for has changed over the years. A lot of electronic you are just going to be doing "build -> drop ->build" or "drop -> drop" mixes so you are playing a song for about 30 seconds to a minute and a half at most when you are at the peak of the night. Older songs were more about a 5-6+ minute play time to get everything out of them so they are more of a gamble. Like yeah you can just mix out of it whenever but it isn't what the track was really made for.

I find now the best place to introduce people to the classics is at house or after parties when everyone is just trying to get fucked up and chill and people are more open.
Old 03-08-2018, 06:11 PM
Banned

Kinda bored... and this was my lazy 1st go to random in queue...

https://soundcloud.com/psy-koztek/ko...tiva-teknoidal
Closed Thread