Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2012, 08:42 AM
Large Bat

Default Post Kunark?

So ive been thinking and discussing with a few older members,
Is there any chance that the thought may even occur that after velious people might want to continue

If its a major success do you think P99 will go on to allow us to keep playing,
i would LOVE to see PoP again, Even luclin.

?[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-07-2012, 09:01 AM
Planar Protector

You can see those zones now, for free, on official servers.

www.eqmac.com

But I do not know what they have in store for P99 after Velious. I was talking about it last night in-game, and I hope they tune Velious harder than on Live. Most people will be 60 by the time Velious comes out, so there will really only be raiding and rare item hunting to do. But its a fine balance between catering to the end-game minded 60s and the lower level player base. Either way, Velious should have enough content that raid tiers should really start popping up. That should help some of the issues with the end-game scene at the moment, but it also may not (depending on how greedy people at the top want to be).
Old 03-07-2012, 10:30 AM
Planar Protector

Dragon killing though, so much fun... great memories of rushing for dragon pixels versus other guilds and the BS associated with it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-07-2012, 10:31 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkkispro [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Even luclin.
To be quite honest, I'd love to see cats on the moon - they made good rogues/shammies [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-07-2012, 10:39 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkkispro [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is there any chance that the thought may even occur that after velious people might want to continue

aaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh *head explodes*

Seriously, the majority of the people who play here agree that Luclin and PoP was when EQ became worse. For years and years, people begging for a classic only server, it meant the trilogy (through Velious). I don't recall any uproar to bring back Luclin or PoP because for the most part they sucked.
Old 03-07-2012, 10:56 AM
Kobold

I honestly don't know what will happen when Velious content is finished and people become twinked to the max and get bored of their alts and start giving me all of their epic 200k lewt... All I know is that if Luclin comes out, I'll be done. As a former TZ player, the Nexus pretty much destroyed EQ for me. While x-teaming isn't relavent here, it's just the ptsd related to watching the game commit suicide. Mainly because then, everyone becomes AFK at the Bazaar.

Oooo, ding - Large Rat status.
Last edited by DeathByCactus; 03-07-2012 at 11:01 AM..
Old 03-07-2012, 11:02 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:

There have been a bazillion threads about this. No, it will not progress beyond Velious. This is why we are here. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

If you want to play on a server that does go beyond Velious, then all others in existence (afaik) do so.
Old 03-07-2012, 11:05 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqravenprince [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
aaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh *head explodes*

Seriously, the majority of the people who play here agree that Luclin and PoP was when EQ became worse. For years and years, people begging for a classic only server, it meant the trilogy (through Velious). I don't recall any uproar to bring back Luclin or PoP because for the most part they sucked.
People also agree that Ssra was one of the best end game zones ever made, for grouping and even more-so for raiding. Also, people generally liked AAs, they just opined that they should have been capped instead of being able to grind them all out.

The big griefs people have with Luclin are: Nexus, VT (and the absurdly long quest to get there for the utter grind crap it delivered), Bazaar, cats on the moon (instead of near Kerra Isle), horses, Paladul-like content (retarded high ZEMs for leveling), new character models.

^^^Wow, I'm realizing that Ssra really was the only jewel in an utterly craptastic expansion.

The big griefs people have with PoP are: PoK.
Old 03-07-2012, 11:25 AM
Fire Giant

I think the dev's we're talking about possibly* doing some planes, but making the entrance through the zone via old-world zones rather than PoK. I think someone mentioned zoning into a plane via kedge keep or some shit like that. Anyhoo, this topic shouldn't even be relevant for another 2 years at least.
Old 03-07-2012, 11:30 AM
Planar Protector

I seriously enjoyed the thread you are referring to, however it was completely unofficial.

http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=11879
Closed Thread