Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2011, 01:33 AM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to wehrmacht

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You guys are die hard classic and crucify anyone that suggest Luclin wasn't as complete shit as you say but are on board with adding access to a planar zone to nearly every city in the game?

That's almost as crazy as cats on the moon.
You can blow through ToV pretty fast and people will want more stuff to do. Everyone hates Luclin though so adding PoP bosses/zones attached to old zones is the best option.

That also gives you AA's and lots of nice XP zones like PoV and BoT which pretty much quadruples the life of the server without actually having to add PoK or anything in Luclin.
Old 04-14-2011, 01:41 AM
Sarnak

Safe zones kill PvP.
Old 04-14-2011, 01:50 AM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to wehrmacht

If you actually read this thread, there isn't a PoK zone or PoTranquility.
Old 04-14-2011, 11:42 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehrmacht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you actually read this thread, there isn't a PoK zone or PoTranquility.

THIS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You guys are die hard classic and crucify anyone that suggest Luclin wasn't as complete shit as you say but are on board with adding access to a planar zone to nearly every city in the game?

That's almost as crazy as cats on the moon.
If you read the ideas most of the zonelines are not located in cities. The ones that are would require a ton of faction work for many in order for raid members to safely traverse them.

And lastly, this is mostly fan fiction at this point. If you have ideas to add however, that would be great.
Old 04-14-2011, 11:59 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by guineapig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can see what you guys mean about itemization but to be honest I remember doing Plane of Innovation groups at level 46 and nobody in my groups were Luclin raid geared. (This is just an example.)

I respectfully disagree that you need all the Luclin raid gear in order to get by in PoP. Many later guilds passed up Luclin content and went straight to getting PoP flags first, my own guild included. We didn't start doing Luclin end game stuff till we were already teir 1 and teir 2 PoP flagged.

Obviously, if this were an issue and this was actually being made (which it isn't to my knowledge), itemization would be addressed before it was released. It would be custom content after all.
PoP raids tier 1-3 are just tiny bit above NTOV difficulty. If you have been NTOV/ST geared, PoP 1-3 will be surely doable.

However the major block point is Ralos Zek (which is the final key to access the Elemental Planes) - you simply must have lots and lots of people in VT quality gear (which is BETTER than PoP 1-3, specially in near full sets) to beat RZ... Unless you can bring like 120+ people to a raid [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-14-2011, 12:47 PM
Sarnak

I love the idea of the mirror at the top of the Tower of Frozen Shadow taking you to a Plane. There was rampant rumor of this during Velious and several broken quest lines in the Tower that helped fuel the fire. One of the best zones in the game, imho.
Old 04-14-2011, 01:28 PM
Orc

i cant imagine POP without luclin it just does not compute. at least with nexus and the lore of how they got there and evrything
Old 04-14-2011, 01:34 PM
Banned

Interested idea. Not sure why you wouldn't include POK POT in a non-pvp server.

guineapig I wanna be pals, can we do that?
Old 04-14-2011, 02:22 PM
Kobold

The true answer is to teleport anyone who is in PoK for more than 30 minutes into the middle of Cabillis naked and KoS

(10:59:44 PM) Haze1: your cat is cuter than naez's confirmed
Old 04-14-2011, 02:42 PM
Planar Protector

The point of leaving out PoK would be to avoid a central zone that leads to everything else, making the world feel much smaller (which is did). Anyway, that seems to be the consensuses.
Closed Thread