Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 01:22 PM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to Ihealyou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kassel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My unborn fetus logs in my druids for ports.
I am of the belief that after conception, its no longer 2 boxing. Don't let the liberals tell you otherwise.

Uuur - Your favorite Master +1 cleric <LifeAlert>
Rockwell - Your favorite 30 virgin <Aspen and Rockwell>
Old 10-12-2011, 01:27 PM
Banned

It seems that if you 2 box the old fashioned way with 2 comps you could get away Scott free
Old 10-12-2011, 02:34 PM
Orc

If this story is true, I'd be afraid to even be in the same zone as someone on my IP. Hopefully they at least look through activity logs, 'run in two directions' is a joke.
Old 10-12-2011, 03:03 PM
Sarnak

I think the main issue is this: If the PC's are close enough together for 1 person to reach and use them and say, your partner is dying in game and IRL this partner is AFK...the MOMENT you reach over and move your partner your 2-boxing. With how rampant it is on this server and with how many people "have an excuse" the GMs have to be very critical. If you are playing with a 7 year old...(convenient..an age old enough to play but not old enough to really be able to type or notice text directed at them, nice choice) and one of you goes afk my suggestion is to camp if the afk is longer than a minute.

Posting their issue like this however...bad call. Why would anyone want to re-instate you now?
Old 10-12-2011, 03:45 PM
Skeleton

I am trying to get an IP exemption to be able to play with my kids but i hope i dont have to worry about this kind of stuff.
Last edited by Vasilyevich; 10-13-2011 at 09:04 AM..
Old 10-12-2011, 03:50 PM
Sarnak

ugh.... really? whhhhhhhhhhhhyyyy
Old 10-12-2011, 04:01 PM
Kobold

it just seems a little rash to me to outright ban people for "2-boxing" an item xfer, anyway. it's just convenient.

not that it's completely necessary. my girlfriend plays with me and her laptop generally sits about 2 feet to my left on the couch and 90% of the time i still do item drop transfers (the other 10% of the time i wait for her to get home because i need to transfer plat). i'm obviously afraid to do it because shit like this could happen.
Old 10-12-2011, 04:17 PM
Planar Protector

Like I've said before, the guides typically go on more than just a hunch before banning people for 2-boxing. Just because something "looks suspicious" doesn't mean you're likely to get banned for it. I have an IP exemption with my girlfriend and it must look suspicious sometimes considering I am always PLing her, and I'm sure I've even been watched by a guide once or twice, but despite this clearly no one has felt they had enough evidence for a ban (or else I wouldn't still be here!). I've never even been accused of 2-boxing so I don't see where people are getting this idea that there's a witch hunt.

This isn't all to say that the guides are infallible, I'm sure they've occasionally banned people mistakenly, but you're more likely to get help if you use the petitions forum than if you make a public appeal to the staff.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Old 10-12-2011, 04:36 PM
Sarnak

is it two boxing if my wife is playing angry birds while i pl her?

j/k
Old 10-12-2011, 05:13 PM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to toddfx

Guess it's time to switch ISPs!
Closed Thread