Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2016, 11:19 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshan Evanstar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's not even a luclin model...

Specters weren't even changed until much much later....

(a cursory internet search says 2006)
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-27-2016, 12:08 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Update me when they put mercs in, can't be long... nothing is sacred on these TLP servers [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ok, I will make sure to update you in 3+ years
Old 07-27-2016, 12:33 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thank you for your extremely accurate calculation, I can tell you won't be playing past Velious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
already ready for luclin...
Old 07-27-2016, 12:34 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wookiewoowoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
already ready for luclin...
How many thousands of AA's will I need to grind so I can get to the back of the line for BDA's pixel handouts?
Old 07-27-2016, 12:53 PM
Banned

It's a sad world we live in. Hillary Clinton is gonna be POTUS and neckbeards on the internet think pixels don't matter unless you wallstare for 16 hours before u loot them.

Hey Swish do pixels on Red99 matter? It's your favorite server after all and the competition for them is exactly the same as Phinny. In fact there's MUCH more competition for open world targets on Phinny than there is on Red. Can't have it both ways either pixels matter without competition on Red/Phinny or they don't and Red sucks. Your choice.
Old 07-27-2016, 12:59 PM
Kobold

Classic EQ raiding was always about banging your head against a hard encounter for a few weeks until you could finally beat it and squeal together in nerd-glee.

It was never about wallstaring for 16 hours, absurd FTE races, SoulFire spam, mallets, etc.

hth

consider phinny
Old 07-27-2016, 01:04 PM
Banned

I will concede that nearly EVERYTHING about P99 is more classic than Phinny. We can argue about whether or not classic is a good/bad thing another day. But even for people that insist CLASSIC IS BEST AT EVERYTHING EVER (You're sick in the head) but honestly guys. Phinny raiding feels 100x more like classic raiding to me than P99 raiding ever did. Neither one is really how classic was but Phinny is much much closer. I was in a pretty casual raid guild in the early EQ days. Didn't get hardcore til PoP-ish. But even in my shitty casual family guild we got relevant raid targets ALL THE TIME on my classic server. We didn't farm soulfires our tanks didn't use mallets there was no FTE and GM's issued guild suspensions for leapfrogging a guild that was about to engage a dragon.

P99 is the most unclassic raiding of probably any EQ server that's ever existed.
Old 07-27-2016, 01:07 PM
Planar Protector

Two weeks of losing to AoW paid off. We fine tuned everything and made the kill happen. 22 minutes, 12 tank switches, and just over 60 people.

Casual rating on a schedule. A path of progression for any guild that wants it. Phinny does it right.
Originally Posted by Hollywood Hogan
The first thing you gotta' realize, brother, is this right here is the future of wrestling. You can call this the New World Order of Wrestling.
Old 07-27-2016, 01:16 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

tfw your guildies keep responding to obvious trolls that have never in their life even looked at AoW and don't have the balls to engage him if they saw him on the street.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-27-2016, 01:18 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Can't see any challenge there
Well you never played on the server so how could ya see anything.
Closed Thread