Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2012, 11:40 AM
Banned

based on that second eqcleric post, Null clearly played on blue.
Old 05-16-2012, 11:44 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamzal [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
based on that second eqcleric post, Null clearly played on blue.
for sho, doubt they even dueled at that.
Old 05-16-2012, 12:02 PM
Planar Protector

Magic resists are currently fine if you ask me.

Fire/cold/poison/disease may not be but i get resists on those all of the time.
get that pumice son
Old 05-16-2012, 12:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamzal [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just want classic, classic is not getting perma stunned and raped by clerics. Clerics shouldn't be able land their magic based spells in high level pvp with 100+ MR.
So basically clerics shouldn't be able to nuke or stun targets that are 100+mr, something that is easy to reach? Clerics should only be able to pvp until 50, then just heal? I call bullshit.
Old 05-16-2012, 01:01 PM
Planar Protector

Sorry, but that's classic, ez server ======> way bro
Old 05-16-2012, 04:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
A+ informative posts, but I don't get rooted/snared/whirled/mezzed/stunned very often.

Come back to game and play with new resists, then evaluate.
Old 05-16-2012, 04:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greegon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Magic resists are currently fine if you ask me.

Fire/cold/poison/disease may not be but i get resists on those all of the time.
get that pumice son
I hate to even get into it again, but... Ironically, elemental/pr/dr are the complete opposite problem of the issues with MR line spells.

Main reason I have no desire to play my wiz is because half the people left have poopsocked resists and roll in crews fully buffed. Nothing wrong with either of those things, but on this server it means my ice comets hit for 300s and shit. That means if i have a minute to cast 5 ice comets, I might be able to kill someone with resists permitted they don't just heal or get healed while spamming me with /say lol. Fire/cold nukes doing a static 40-60% less dmg is not classic. Resists results were not static numbers. Even with 250+ (which no one has unless they dedicate every slot to a certain resist and pop pots), you wouldn't reliably resist the same amount of damage every time like you do on r99.

Pumice is great if you can get away with it, but anyone without clickies to prevent dispel at this point sucks and is barely worth killing. So... that leaves you running from priest classes or farming wands 24/7 if you want to do damage as a wizard.

No thanks.
Old 05-16-2012, 04:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dullah [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I hate to even get into it again, but... Ironically, elemental/pr/dr are the complete opposite problem of the issues with MR line spells.

Main reason I have no desire to play my wiz is because half the people left have poopsocked resists and roll in crews fully buffed. Nothing wrong with either of those things, but on this server it means my ice comets hit for 300s and shit. That means if i have a minute to cast 5 ice comets, I might be able to kill someone with resists permitted they don't just heal or get healed while spamming me with /say lol. Fire/cold nukes doing a static 40-60% less dmg is not classic. Resists results were not static numbers. Even with 250+ (which no one has unless they dedicate every slot to a certain resist and pop pots), you wouldn't reliably resist the same amount of damage every time like you do on r99.

Pumice is great if you can get away with it, but anyone without clickies to prevent dispel at this point sucks and is barely worth killing. So... that leaves you running from priest classes or farming wands 24/7 if you want to do damage as a wizard.

No thanks.
eq pvp not really about solo ganking. if you lookin for that then find someone xping then ice comet, works better than a GM sanctioned duel between two fellows who /bow before engaging in pvp.
Old 05-16-2012, 04:46 PM
Planar Protector

Welcome to EQ PVP where casters are gimped, and have always been gimped.
Old 05-16-2012, 04:48 PM
Kobold

Yeah Wizard kinda shitty solo, once rune gets golem wanded they suck dick.

Do what most classes have to do, roll in a group.
Closed Thread