Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2011, 12:55 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureLo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
LOL WOW, yet another heavy Kanras patch.... oh boy!

So yet again warriors get the shaft and have their DPS reduced from the looks of it in game, which can only mean further aggro issues as damage is supposibly the new and most important hate generator (aggro yet to be tested in a group). Also, i don't know exactly what is meant by the poison proc bullet point... but i do know that the Blade of the Black Dragon Eye which has a poisoned based proc doesn't go off on every first melee/hit. So without further verification of what is actually meant by that particular patch note i can't comment on correctness or what have you.

However, i would like to ask where in the world are the old devs who knew what they were doing in regards to classic content and working changes? NILBOG and friends COME BACK!
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

They were talking about rogue poisons which were changed from non-classic to classic.

Also I've been grouped with a warrior tank for the past few hours now with no issues, even when using my Swarmcaller... methinks you're doing it wrong Mr. Whiny.
Old 06-26-2011, 01:18 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by furny [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
could we get harvest spell in, next patch, for our neglected wizards please.
Yeah seriously.. harvest please.
Old 06-26-2011, 01:28 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureLo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
LOL WOW, yet another heavy Kanras patch.... oh boy!

So yet again warriors get the shaft and have their DPS reduced from the looks of it in game, which can only mean further aggro issues as damage is supposibly the new and most important hate generator (aggro yet to be tested in a group). Also, i don't know exactly what is meant by the poison proc bullet point... but i do know that the Blade of the Black Dragon Eye which has a poisoned based proc doesn't go off on every first melee/hit. So without further verification of what is actually meant by that particular patch note i can't comment on correctness or what have you.

However, i would like to ask where in the world are the old devs who knew what they were doing in regards to classic content and working changes? NILBOG and friends COME BACK!
Warriors are Doomed! =(
[78 Monk] Kobrakai (Iksar) <The Chosen Few> (EZ Server)
- See you soon, Space Cowboy.
Old 06-26-2011, 02:40 AM
Fire Giant

Now I'm slightly compromised atm (drunkstoned), but some of the replys in here seem really harsh. Maybe things aren't right, and if they aren't I would hope the attempt to fix them - however, Kanras seems to be trying to find a solution to the melee dps issue and I say we give the guy the benefit of the doubt.

That being said, sounds like some of the damage issues have not been resolved. Anxiously awaiting the next fix!
Old 06-26-2011, 04:11 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
FD changed last patch, not this one, and FD memory is classic and intended.
Was there, nothing, everyone recovering, ran clerics back, rez everyone buff everone, just finishing getting ready, guy stands, lil bit later boom everything is coming running right over us. Was pretty funny honestly, but think maybe the changes made last patch were still on what they patched this time forgetting to remove it like they had removed it from the game already?

doesn't seem unreasonable to question if something was altered there after seeing what happened today.
Old 06-26-2011, 08:17 AM
Sarnak

Last I saw fd memory was redisabled due to bugs.
Old 06-26-2011, 09:33 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupaflyIRL [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last I saw fd memory was redisabled due to bugs.
it's not disabled. And yes it is taking a longer time to wipe the memory after FD.
Old 06-26-2011, 10:17 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Was there, nothing, everyone recovering, ran clerics back, rez everyone buff everone, just finishing getting ready, guy stands, lil bit later boom everything is coming running right over us. Was pretty funny honestly, but think maybe the changes made last patch were still on what they patched this time forgetting to remove it like they had removed it from the game already?

doesn't seem unreasonable to question if something was altered there after seeing what happened today.
It's not unreasonable to ask, although as I said it was changed last patch, not this one. Anyway, what you described seems perfectly normal, as FD should not always produce a memory wipe. I played an SK on live and I often had to FD multiple times to clear threat, or wait until all of the mobs except one got back to their spawn point before standing up, and even then there could be issues. Prior to FD memory being implemented on this server it was always clearing threat, and that is not classic at all.

Anyway, someone said something about it being disabled due to bugs, but I haven't heard anything about that, and what you described does not sound like it was either.
Old 06-26-2011, 11:42 AM
Planar Protector

I have a hard time believing that someone could FD, stay FD for 10 hours, and then stand up and have the mobs aggro them. Does anyone remember this kind of functionality from classic? I seem to remember even roamers eventually wiping memory when they got back to their pathing. I also thought that for non-roamers that FD memory would be wiped when they got back to their spawn points, and I think Rogaine confirmed that this was how it was intended.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Old 06-26-2011, 11:52 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazortag [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have a hard time believing that someone could FD, stay FD for 10 hours, and then stand up and have the mobs aggro them. Does anyone remember this kind of functionality from classic? I seem to remember even roamers eventually wiping memory when they got back to their pathing. I also thought that for non-roamers that FD memory would be wiped when they got back to their spawn points, and I think Rogaine confirmed that this was how it was intended.
He said it was 10 minutes later and the mob re-aggroed, which seems normal to me.

Also, I'm speaking from practical experience, and so what I say is anecdotal, so the fine details are a bit blurry for me, though I do know the general idea was acurate to what I remember.

I remember FD taking multiple FD's before it cleared aggro sometimes (like it was failing on the memory wipe part sometimes). I remember mobs walking back to their spawn point and standing up when there was only one left that hadn't reached the spawn point yet (the prime method of splitting a camp on live with FD). I remember /q from FD to camp out because we couldn't clear aggro on some harder mobs.

I *think* I remember mobs sometimes re-aggroing even from their spawn point sometimes, but on that one I am not certain.

Also, your confusing Rogean with treatment for male hereditary hair loss.
Last edited by Sethius; 06-26-2011 at 11:55 AM..
Closed Thread