Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2011, 08:05 AM
Banned

That all sounds great. If someone duped, delete all gear. If someone sploited, reset em to level 1.

But if the vast majority is left intact then I think EQemu PvP is saved, until next week.. how you fix stuff and police the warpers/sploiters will play out how the server will go from there.

Good luck. I am excited to play (if my toon is still there intact.) Rough ETA?
Old 08-01-2011, 08:11 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That all sounds great. If someone duped, delete all gear. If someone sploited, reset em to level 1.

But if the vast majority is left intact then I think EQemu PvP is saved, until next week.. how you fix stuff and police the warpers/sploiters will play out how the server will go from there.

Good luck. I am excited to play (if my toon is still there intact.) Rough ETA?
You know how much us Dev's hate to give ETA's! Sometime today the server should be back online, it'll probably spend a day locked while me and my team make sure things are smooth, and fix any last minute issues. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-01-2011, 09:08 AM
Banned

Wipe it imo
Old 08-01-2011, 09:41 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cwall [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wipe it imo
The further I get into it, the more I'm inclined to wipe it to be honest, it's not a good situation. Secrets has an awesome friggin code base and database here, and the changes he made are fantastic, but the server went unmonitored WAY to long.
Old 08-01-2011, 10:04 AM
Planar Protector

Would you be willing to name-and-shame the people who hacked/duped/etc.? I think we could settle for that as a compromise.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Old 08-01-2011, 10:08 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazortag [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Would you be willing to name-and-shame the people who hacked/duped/etc.? I think we could settle for that as a compromise.
Or just go to mediafire and drop the database etc and post the link here already before you makes changes to it? I'm really not understanding how someone can beg another server admin for their work then turn around and withhold it from others when they finally get it.

Not very classy imo. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-01-2011, 10:37 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardalicious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Or just go to mediafire and drop the database etc and post the link here already before you makes changes to it? I'm really not understanding how someone can beg another server admin for their work then turn around and withhold it from others when they finally get it.

Not very classy imo. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not trying to withhold anything, nor do I care who has the database. I've got a few things going round right now.

1.) My database is in process, I'm in the middle of making a bunch of changes to things, and to stop, box it up, ship it up to a fileshare (it's 400mb), and then go back to what I'm doing isn't on my top priorities.

2.) I'm not sure what Secrets intentions when he gave up his database are. I dont know if he wanted it freely distributed, or was giving it to me so the server could live on.

3.) I really am not sure what the overall impact of releasing the "hackers" table in the database will have on the PvP community, to start with, 99% of whats in the table is junk caused by bugs, spells, translocators...etc. But the average intelligence of half of this forum will take it at face value and suddenly everyone under the sun is a hacker and nobody will live it down. Dont want reps ruined that way really. Hackers deserved to be called out. Just because their name is on a list in the db though, does not make them a hacker.

Give me some time man, I'll release everything for anyone interested as soon as I get to a good stoping point.
Old 08-01-2011, 12:56 PM
Sarnak

Can anyone else log in? Every time I try to it just sits there for a while and takes me back to the login screen.
Old 08-01-2011, 01:04 PM
Large Rat

Server will most likely be going up and down today, while fixing things that were previously broken or not working. On a positive note, recharging items has been fixed
Old 08-01-2011, 01:19 PM
Fire Giant

IMO make a server as close to p99 as possible, have the p99 xp rate!
Closed Thread