Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2013, 07:10 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeavisChrist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are all clickies allowed during the buff period, or just potion type clickies?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derubael
The use of "Right Click" items is not permitted, with three exceptions. Pumice stones are usable in this tournament. Epic clicky effects are also usable. And finally, we WILL BE ALLOWING the use of buff pots (IE, Sow pot, fire resist pots, etc) but ONLY DURING THE 30 SECOND BUFF PERIOD AT THE START OF A FIGHT. This is to prevent the use of heal pots etc. No gate pots or port pots (unless you really feel like batmanning out of the tourny mid fight and taking an automatic forfeit).
Nope.
Old 10-25-2013, 08:43 PM
Kobold

Nice, Thanks for setting this up.
Good luck to the teams.
Was there ANY Wizards or Enchanters?

Turp --- Purp
60 Shm 60 Wiz
Old 10-25-2013, 11:33 PM
Planar Protector

I bought some pumice tonight while serving as Svenn's sparring partner. Guess what, I can resist my own nullify magic.

/facepalm
in words of anal fingers, just a filthy spaniard
Old 10-25-2013, 11:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splorf22 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I bought some pumice tonight while serving as Svenn's sparring partner. Guess what, I can resist my own nullify magic.

/facepalm
You know when you told me PvP wasnt for you i thought you were just kidding [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-25-2013, 11:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thulack [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You know when you told me PvP wasnt for you i thought you were just kidding [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think EQ PVP is really poorly designed. For example, I dueled Svenn on Loraen and just destroyed him by manatapping/sieving. On Sakuragi he just malos and slows me (and he was like 50% on landing slow with 140MR) and that's that. Meanwhile when I dueled Orsk on Loraen I simply cant land anything. So I think there is a strong element of rock paper scissors.

Secondly, its highly RNG based. Basically a melee is hoping to resist enough spells to beat down the caster; the caster is hoping to get lucky. The control spells are just so powerful that if you land them it's game over. It would be much more intelligent if slow always landed, but its fraction was ameliorated by magic resistance, e.g. Turgurs on a 50MR player would be 75%, but on a 150MR player only 25%.

And finally, as ridiculous as the above rules, they are even more ridiculous here with some sort of random resist code where no one resists anything except their own casts of nullify magic, and melee landing every hit, and so on.
Last edited by Splorf22; 10-25-2013 at 11:59 PM..
Old 10-26-2013, 12:03 AM
Retired GM

Location: Cabilis East, in the northwest corner of the zone-in from Field of Bone

Xoquil has dropped from the tournament, Sakuragai will be replacing him, so anthrax and arconis will be facing orsk and sakuragai.
Old 10-26-2013, 12:42 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derubael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Xoquil has dropped from the tournament, Sakuragai will be replacing him, so anthrax and arconis will be facing orsk and sakuragai.
hahaha
Old 10-26-2013, 12:42 AM
Planar Protector

i was suckered in, damn you xoquil
Old 10-26-2013, 12:49 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derubael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And the final match between Turp/Cecily and the finalists will be held in an undisclosed location and broadcast live on twitch.tv.
Cat room imo.
Old 10-26-2013, 01:04 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Cat room imo.
Locs room in Solb :P
Closed Thread