Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2014, 11:26 AM
Banned

Set up a new server for each guild in class R, problem solved
Old 10-22-2014, 11:31 AM
Retired GM

Location: Cabilis East, in the northwest corner of the zone-in from Field of Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenalpow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't disagree that I'm biased towards my own position, it's a predisposition and I'd say it's a relatively rational thought process, but re-read our PM conversation. It was tantamount to saying "do what I say or else" instead of going back and conferring with Sirken and admitting "yes chest, Sirken said this was a resolved issued but now due to new staff regulations we are re-opening the case and requesting you to send a rep.

That thought differs greatly from "I have no idea what this is about, I don't know/care what Sirken has told you, show up or it's a summary judgement against you and/or I'll just ban your accounts #DunkPic"
I was talking to Sirken while messaging you and that was never mentioned. He was more put off by the attitude that was coming my way than anything else. It's not uncommon for us to forget things we've talked about with players in the past, which may have been the case here.

Quote:
TMO and IB can just swap mobs indefinitely where the class R guilds are painted into a corner because we've created a rotation. We aren't going to break the rotation to avoid punishment because we aren't assholes but it's almost like that's what you want, to sow a bit of chaos.
To be honest I don't think this is as much of a problem as you are making it out to be - Class R guilds engaging targets with CLass C guilds tend to be very cautious and very rarely will break a rule that requires GM intervention during an FFA encounter. The option for these two guilds to mediate their own dispute is always on the table as well. At this point, after expressing our frustration as nicely as possible all across the forums, I am shocked that anyone would truly believe we like chaos or drama. That kind of shit drives us crazy and takes us away from the real work we need to be doing for the server. If everyone worked at cooperating as hard as they did collecting pixels, we may be able to finally create a raid scene everyone truly enjoys.

and rainbows and unicorns and shit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-22-2014, 11:36 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by indiscriminate_hater [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Set up a new server for each guild in class R, problem solved
Do you realize how fast that would be funded if Rogean gave it the greenlight? At minimum there's 200 players that are signed up for the BDA boards. If I get $20 from just half of them there's $2,000 towards the startup costs and that's minimal amount from 1 guild. I believe almost every guild in Class R minus A-Team and I think Omni were on board with this idea when I proposed it a few months ago.

My initial idea was a blue server with /movelog and the raid system would be created and enforced in the spirit of the class R rotation. I even had a guide that was willing to step into a full time GM role to handle the the stuff a council of raid leaders couldn't handle (corpse rots, items disappearing, true admin issues)

Rogean could put a $10,000 budget line on that thing and I could get it funded in a week I'd bet.
Originally Posted by Hollywood Hogan
The first thing you gotta' realize, brother, is this right here is the future of wrestling. You can call this the New World Order of Wrestling.
Old 10-22-2014, 11:36 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenalpow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We aren't going to break the rotation to avoid punishment because we aren't assholes but it's almost like that's what you want, to sow a bit of chaos.
You speak like you have some kind of bargaining leverage over the staff. They don't owe you anything. You should be getting nothing, zilch, nada. They have been overly generous.
Old 10-22-2014, 11:37 AM
Sarnak

Quote:

TMO and IB can just swap mobs indefinitely where the class R guilds are painted into a corner because we've created a rotation. We aren't going to break the rotation to avoid punishment because we aren't assholes but it's almost like that's what you want, to sow a bit of chaos.
Rarely if EVER does TMO or IB do anything to each other to intentionally cause a raid infraction, but with pathing, and attempts going for FTE at the same time, shit happens. Also we all have newer players that newb it up and accidentally train the other team. And when that happens, we step up. (remember the FFA VS we accidentally trained trackers?, not only did we give up that attempt at VS (that BDA took down) , but we got the next VS and the loots to the guild we harmed.)

I mean we look at some fraps and say, what were they thinking, but some fraps/screenshots look like Catherine's attempt to disparage us at Sev. I am sure IB feels the same way.

IF BDA wouldn't have jumped in and helped Taken on that naggy, OR Responded to our officer at the time, when we pointed out via tells and OOC that what they were doing Right now was in violation of the rules, you wouldn't have to pretend to take the high road "not going to break class R rotation".

If BDA didn't jump in to help Taken on that naggy to screw TMO who was there waiting, why did they (BDA) join in Taken's fight.
Old 10-22-2014, 11:37 AM
Large Bat

Quote:
The simple solution is C/R, remove FFA, full repops FFA. Removes the point where C and R are forced to interact and removes a shit ton of drama.
Who is forcing you to attempt free for all targets?
Old 10-22-2014, 11:41 AM
Planar Protector

Yes Knix, all TMO and IB raid violations are akin to breaking eggs to make an omelette, it just happens you see because of how elite your strategies are and how difficult VP is as a zone to master. But anytime BDA or Taken or any other non class C guild does something infraction worthy it's a calculated scheme to deny the loot deprived members of TMO. You're fucking delusional.
The first thing you gotta' realize, brother, is this right here is the future of wrestling. You can call this the New World Order of Wrestling.
Old 10-22-2014, 11:43 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManosMan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Who is forcing you to attempt free for all targets?
No one, which is why you rarely see BDA at the FFA sockfests. Some extra pixels aren't worth the drama that comes from dealing with class C guilds.
Old 10-22-2014, 11:46 AM
Fire Giant

People don't work together because there's never an allowance for good faith mistakes. Mistakes between C and R can never simply get a foul and send the other guy to the free throw line. It's always got to be a technical foul with a 5 game suspension and $250,000 fine.

The community outcry for 2 week suspensions (a punishment with no basis in rule or fact) in the Raid Discussion thread is a perfect example.
Old 10-22-2014, 11:53 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Yes Knix, all TMO and IB raid violations are akin to breaking eggs to make an omelette, it just happens you see because of how elite your strategies are and how difficult VP is as a zone to master. But anytime BDA or Taken or any other non class C guild does something infraction worthy it's a calculated scheme to deny the loot deprived members of TMO. You're fucking delusional.
spin, and didn't answer question.

Why did BDA ignore server raid rules, and kill Naggy for Taken, on their failing attempt?