Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2011, 04:50 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nokio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Going Solo
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Server first Golden Sash of WTFPWN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Unlike modern life, natural selection is alive and well on p99. Adapt or die.
Old 04-19-2011, 05:17 PM
Aviak

Bards can up melee pretty quickly after 26, I think, when they get their fear song. You just fear/snare the mob with haste twisted in and watch the skills go up. Keeping defense high is a whole other story.
Old 04-19-2011, 06:17 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nokio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Im curious, I always though monk were damage dealer and that they cannot solo. I mean on live i never saw Solo monk. It is also true that I played a warrior from classic to luclin so I did not get the chance to wander off without a group often to see that kind of thing lol
It's way risky but done carefully it is a great way to play casually. Using FD to split spawns and such, fighting things within inches of your life, balancing using mend for a heal during a fight and using it to cut downtime having mend fail during a fight and having to FD when you are so close to the kill and having to give it up and try again. Working your way deeper and deeper into a dungeon then having FD fail and FDing your way back to your corpse. good times! good times!
Old 04-19-2011, 07:05 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledzepp02 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
heh, Shia LaBeouf would be more fitting though
Old 04-19-2011, 08:50 PM
Sarnak

One bane for monk solo....caster mobs. They CAN be done, but it brings a whole new level of uncertainty to the table. In that way it has a tendency to limit where you can go somewhat.
Old 04-20-2011, 12:00 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
One bane for monk solo....caster mobs. They CAN be done, but it brings a whole new level of uncertainty to the table. In that way it has a tendency to limit where you can go somewhat.
Unfortunately true [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I still love playing my monk, really fun - but somewhat hard to solo in the early levels without some gear. Probably is better later on when FD is available (I don't have it yet) and more reliable (not that it's 100% by any stretch of the imagination).
Old 04-20-2011, 01:01 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
As for bard i just read a few thread about aoe kiting. It might be fun to try out. As I understand it start to shine at level 18. Doing that, will I level at a decent speed? I don't mean super fast. I mean will it feel like im going forward even though i only have the time for 1 pull in 25-45 minutes? Is it gear dependant?
The only problem with AE kiting is that it is extremely boring to do over an over. The xp is great but it gets so boring so fast and you think, "oh I have to do this ~x number of times till im level 50." And then its like are you really going to sit there running in circles for 2 days of your life...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruman View Post
Hahaha, that is awesome. Right up there with...that one guy's....boat service before the boats worked.
Old 04-20-2011, 08:24 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nalkin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The only problem with AE kiting is that it is extremely boring to do over an over. The xp is great but it gets so boring so fast and you think, "oh I have to do this ~x number of times till im level 50." And then its like are you really going to sit there running in circles for 2 days of your life...
As mentioned tho, there are other ways you can solo as a bard, just the AE kiting is by far the fastest. Other ways include:

Fear dot kiting
Fear melee kiting (to get those skill ups)
snare dot kiting
Charm kiting (not swarming, swarming, to my knowledge, doesn't work on this server) This one is difficult as after the first charm breaks, your re-charmed pet probably will not get aggro back from you.

Mostly, when soloing as a bard, its preferable to use instruments and your songs as opposed to weapons. Our melee is mediocre at best.
Old 04-20-2011, 08:39 AM
Aviak

So yesterday I gave a try to AE kiting with my level 7 bard. So far i found it fun and new. Of course you might be right. On the long run it might get boring.

When i have those long session of gameplay ill just get into a group. When play time is short AE kiting it is.

Ill try to see if i can buy a few gear from what little i have.

And i guess i will keep my box for now instead of trading it for gear.
Old 04-20-2011, 09:34 AM
Planar Protector

Play a bard. AE kiting is hands down fastest way to level. Single target kiting is done somewhat successfully at lower levels but is too time consuming to be really worth it.

Once you hit 46? Or maybe 45 single target kiting is pretty effective. Think you get fear/charm around 25-27 so you can then fearkite etc.
Closed Thread