Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2011, 12:23 PM
Planar Protector

being on a pvp server != being a douchebag by default.

Sorry to crush your dreams darwoth.
Old 12-02-2011, 12:30 PM
Banned

being on a pvp server is supposed to mean preventing and solving your own problems not having GMs come in and make every concievable thing that could happen to you illegal, it is folks like yourself that are why the only games now are wow clones.

essentially players like you are WHY players like me are "douchebags" because we hate your face for ruining the genre.
Old 12-02-2011, 12:34 PM
Banned

Oh rules, so fun, so, so, so, fun.
Old 12-02-2011, 12:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwoth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
being on a pvp server is supposed to mean preventing and solving your own problems not having GMs come in and make every concievable thing that could happen to you illegal, it is folks like yourself that are why the only games now are wow clones.

essentially players like you are WHY players like me are "douchebags" because we hate your face for ruining the genre.
And this*

I'd play R99, but dont like having people interpret "rules" that were never meant to be in the game. How do I know they were never meant to be in the game?

Cause they are not fucking coded into it~
Old 12-02-2011, 12:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwoth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
also the no ninja looting to prevent out of range people from coming in and looting something appears from the initial outline of rules and now out dated and should be done away with entirely in light of the fact that all raid zones are ffa/no level limit now.

if a group from a rival guild comes in while your zerg is twiddling their thumbs over who has more bluebie points and is able to cause enough of a distraction via pvp to snag a piece of gear then that is nobodys fault but your own for not paying attention.
this makes a ton of sense
Old 12-02-2011, 12:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
thex... to me..
Smells like you shoulda got off your ass and made a lvl 1 halfling like the rest of us.
Old 12-02-2011, 01:10 PM
Sarnak

There shouldn't be rules governing anything under player-to-player interaction. If mobs and training are involved then sure, collect your evidence. But player to player interactions and transactions should be governed by PLAYERS.

If someone ninja loots (especially from their own raid) - let the playerbase sort it out. He is now a marked ninja looter and KOS to whoever. If someone trades a pumice stone for 100k plat then that person who paid 100k for a pumice should kick himself for being a dumbass and then have his guild KOS the person.

The RED server needs GMs to NOT hold players hands. We really don't need staff interference on player to player interactions and transactions.

Also: increase the exp loss on PvP death. Right now I can't even make someone leave where I'm at by killing them because they lose like 1/4th a blue. They spawn and bind rush me until I get tired of wasting mana on them.
Old 12-02-2011, 01:26 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Actually its players who play to grief like you, who ruined the genre. Your type took games with open world pvp like UO, Shadowbane, EQ,etc. and instead of playing the game w/pvp enabled, played SOLEY to run other people off the server/cause as much harm to other players as humanly possible that caused all the old games to become ghost towns of 5 darwoth's running around training each other.

Case in point, you and your guildies waiting all day at the docks in Ocean of Tears for noobs to sail by so your massed necros/shamans can stack dots on them from the dock and sick pets on them. While they cannot fight back without jumping off the ship and missing their boat across the ocean. I.E. a tactic to cause the most amount of grief possible to the player , wether they "win" the pvp (and still miss their boat) or die (and miss their boat).

Wonder how many players wrote red99 off just on account of that, useing broken boat mechanics to cause maximum amount of grief to others.

Business as usual to the killers of the genre, those that play to only grief.

You and your type are here for only ONE reason, and its not to play EQ. Its to cause as many people as you can to quit. Then you will aounce "this game is not worth our time anymore" and move onto the next game that will let you grief others. Thats why we need GM rules/involvement, to keep cancers like you who have no interest in the actually game in question, in line.
Old 12-02-2011, 01:30 PM
VIP / Contributor

Common sense. How does it work?
Old 12-02-2011, 01:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Common sense. How does it work?
Absolutely nothin'!

HUH

Say it again!
Closed Thread