Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2012, 02:37 PM
Planar Protector

the gloves really came off in this thread
Old 10-18-2012, 02:38 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humerox [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was the first mage to 65 (10 actual days), on Vezarus. Maybe I'm looking through rose-colored glasses, but in the beginning we decided to go hit the dorfs instead of the giants, because the giants were where Cypher was. I left fairly soon after, but during that time period LSP was a contender. How they may have fucked up after that...I don't know, lol.
What do you even mean by that? You killed Dain a couple of times? We spent very little time in Velious--Luclin and PoP were already out. All we did was gear up Faite and... that ogre warrior I can't remember. Nhuol, maybe? Or was that his name on Antonius Bayle? Whatever. Anyway, we were just after some hit points to go tank Luclin mobs before moving on to PoP as quickly as possible. I think we were making sure Faite had a Bloodfrenzy and BoC, but it's fuzzy. I don't think we even keyed for Sleeper's or Vex Thal. Or even emperor. We were dropping gods in PoP right around the beginning of summer. Velious was a brief memory of maybe two weeks. No one even had faction, we just killed whatever we could to gear up a little before moving on.
Old 10-18-2012, 02:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alawen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What do you even mean by that? You killed Dain a couple of times? We spent very little time in Velious--Luclin and PoP were already out. All we did was gear up Faite and... that ogre warrior I can't remember. Nhuol, maybe? Or was that his name on Antonius Bayle? Whatever. Anyway, we were just after some hit points to go tank Luclin mobs before moving on to PoP as quickly as possible. I think we were making sure Faite had a Bloodfrenzy and BoC, but it's fuzzy. I don't think we even keyed for Sleeper's or Vex Thal. Or even emperor. We were dropping gods in PoP right around the beginning of summer. Velious was a brief memory of maybe two weeks. No one even had faction, we just killed whatever we could to gear up a little before moving on.
You're turning this into a fight about something I'm not even arguing.

I was talking about faction paths through Velious in regards to P99 content, and implying that there's more ways than one to skin a cat and gear up for end-game Velious.

When I left, you guys were in Velious content on giants, LSP had gone after the dorfs instead. How quickly LSP became a non-factor I don't know...and it's not what I'm arguing about, lol. The fact remains that there was LSP fighting dorfs, Cypher fighting giants, and at that time no one else was around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken View Post
if your reason to be here is to ruin other peoples experiences and grief them off the server, then not only do you not deserve the privilege of playing here, but i will remove your ability to do so.
Old 10-18-2012, 02:50 PM
Banned

Giving how long Kunark has been out?

Getting a full kael/skyshrine/PoG/Thurg set isn't going to take very long given how ready players here are to farm that stuff. Well, not very long given how long (infinity and beyond) the time line will be.

Hell, everyone'll eventually be able to make a group of like 30 and farm the shit out of those armor sets.

The big dragons, heh, those'll be another story.
Old 10-18-2012, 02:52 PM
Sarnak

the big dragons, heh, those'll be another story
Old 10-18-2012, 02:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Giving how long Kunark has been out?

Getting a full kael/skyshrine/PoG/Thurg set isn't going to take very long given how ready players here are to farm that stuff. Well, not very long given how long (infinity and beyond) the time line will be.

Hell, everyone'll eventually be able to make a group of like 30 and farm the shit out of those armor sets.

The big dragons, heh, those'll be another story.
And THAT'S going to be the real race...and there's room for more than 1 guild to race for what they need. That's kinda the point I was trying to make, lol.

Quote:
if your reason to be here is to ruin other peoples experiences and grief them off the server, then not only do you not deserve the privilege of playing here, but i will remove your ability to do so.
Old 10-18-2012, 02:54 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humerox [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're turning this into a fight about something I'm not even arguing.

I was talking about faction paths through Velious in regards to P99 content, and implying that there's more ways than one to skin a cat and gear up for end-game Velious.

When I left, you guys were in Velious content on giants, LSP had gone after the dorfs instead. How quickly LSP became a non-factor I don't know...and it's not what I'm arguing about, lol. The fact remains that there was LSP fighting dorfs, Cypher fighting giants, and at that time no one else was around.
We just have entirely different perspectives. Cypher wasn't working its way through Velious, we were getting a Blade of Carnage for our main tank. At the same time, we were killing world dragons, sniping the easier Luclin mobs, and anything else we could do to build up to killing in PoP. Kael Drakkel was barely a blip. I may have entered the zone a dozen times in the first couple months of the server.

As to its relevance for this server, TMO doesn't have to make the kinds of decisions we did back then. I don't see them forgoing belt of dwarf slaying or white dragon helm just because they want a blade of carnage. If you think about the high priority targets, there aren't all that many up to NToV and I don't see another guild that can survive NToV at present, so the important cockblock is Sleeper's. So the server resets, TMO pops around to pick off what they like before settling into the NToV grind. Tunare becomes the new Innoruuk.

Eh, humans suck at predicting the future, including me. It'll be interesting to see how it plays out.
Old 10-18-2012, 02:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealin Dragons [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Stop splitting off and creating new guilds and jumping from one sinking ship to another.

Just come to terms that you suck and no matter what name you pick for your character or your guild, you will always suck.

The only collection of talented players are in TMO, the rest of the talented players are spread out to thinly and are happy with the guild tags they have.

Sorry shitty players, you should have joined TMO when you had the chance for loot or joined in riding the coat-tails of IB/TR before they left.
You don't even play the game anymore, is your opinion supposed to mean something?
[XX Rogue] Hailto (Half-Elf)
Red:
[21 Wizard] Hailto (Dark-Elf)
Old 10-18-2012, 02:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alawen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Eh, humans suck at predicting the future, including me. It'll be interesting to see how it plays out.
I'm in full agreement with that, lol. I may even pop on blue now and again to see what's happening.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Old 10-18-2012, 03:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pico [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the big dragons, heh, those'll be another story
Ice burn
Closed Thread