Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2011, 11:56 AM
Skeleton

Default Tips / Hints

Hi:
After long long time I have return to old good EQ. For the first char I have chosed a dwarf cleric that is doing quests and lvling (lvl 4 so far) at Kaladim and BBM.

Any tip / hint and places I should go for lvling?
How easy is to group (I guess lvl 10+) and where should I move from 5/6+.

Thanks and any help would be welcomed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-21-2011, 12:20 PM
Sarnak

Kaladim bone chip quests will get you some XP and newbie gear for a couple more levels. Crushbone will get you into the low teens. From there, do Unrest through 20ish, then Mistmoore to 40ish. All of these are decent dungeons - and as a cleric, you can even solo a bit in the latter two since they're packed with undead.
Old 08-21-2011, 12:21 PM
Skeleton

Yes, Crushbone. Save the Crushbone belts and turn them in back in Kaladim for lots of exp.
Old 08-21-2011, 12:24 PM
Skeleton

thanks from the fast answers !!!!! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-22-2011, 04:51 AM
Skeleton

Another question:
As a cleric I lilke to group, how easy is to group in crushbone? Also I am here more for the journey (I am not a lvl rusher) and I like to explore and group, is that still easy to do in P99?. Last but not least, any tip to get cash .... you know life and spells can be a expensive [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Also I live in EU, so maybe not many people on my play times [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by fjaenal; 08-22-2011 at 05:15 AM..
Old 08-22-2011, 11:20 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjaenal [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Another question:
As a cleric I lilke to group, how easy is to group in crushbone? Also I am here more for the journey (I am not a lvl rusher) and I like to explore and group, is that still easy to do in P99?. Last but not least, any tip to get cash .... you know life and spells can be a expensive [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Also I live in EU, so maybe not many people on my play times [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Grouping in CB is easy. Might have more trouble during EU times and have to join a leveling guild or ask around on IRC or whatnot. You can get easy money by selling Crushbone belts and pads for 1pp and 2pp each, respectively, instead of turning them in for EXP.
Need a port or a rez? Hit me up on IRC!
Old 08-22-2011, 03:56 PM
Planar Protector

yea cb is great from 6-12, even 15, in cb stick to the ent or do trainer hill from 6-8, and or either do trailer hill/slaver caves from 8-10 then the wall/slave pits lego camp from 10-12ish, and get a good group for inside the castle up to lvl 15

though i think most people leave cb at lvl 13 or so, another great zone, no clue how many people go now, but i would go to oasis of marr from 13-18, from there you can do lake of ill omen, usally people will start exping there from 18-28/30

but you being a cleric, if not grouped, just throw lfg up, and you'll always find a group 20+, but with kunark out, most people flock to there, and some stay in the old world areas
Old 08-22-2011, 04:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakkily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
though i think most people leave cb at lvl 13 or so, another great zone, no clue how many people go now, but i would go to oasis of marr from 13-18, from there you can do lake of ill omen, usally people will start exping there from 18-28/30
For God's sake, don't go to Oasis or LOIO if you can avoid them. Dungeons have better ZEMs and so give more EXP per kill, as well as dropping better loot. As a cleric, there's no reason you should be outdoors if you can help it. After Crushbone you can hit up Unrest; after that there are all sorts of options, though Mistmoore is the closest one.
Need a port or a rez? Hit me up on IRC!
Old 08-23-2011, 01:53 AM
Skeleton

Thanks to both, as a journeyman I probably will check both. As I said I am not in a rush [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].

So after lvl 15 (more or less) I can go to Oasis of Marr or Unrest.

Also, what ZEMs' means?
Old 08-23-2011, 02:16 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjaenal [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks to both, as a journeyman I probably will check both. As I said I am not in a rush [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].

So after lvl 15 (more or less) I can go to Oasis of Marr or Unrest.

Also, what ZEMs' means?
Zone Experience Modifier. You get more exp per kill from dungeons than outdoor zones by default. Some give more than others. Here is a chart someone came up with estimates for each:
http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...7&postcount=42