Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #91  
Old 03-19-2017, 09:27 AM
Westcreek Westcreek is offline
Decaying Skeleton


Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phatez [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's an epic. Epics are attained by the elite. That is classic. What percent of people had their epic in velious on live? A much smaller than have it here.
Finally posting to say that this is dead wrong.

I was super casual back in the day, I obviously couldn't log on much early as there was only dial-up and I couldn't afford the insane prices to stay connected to the internet.

Even when I finally got ADSL connection and was able to play more than an hour or two here and there, I still was casual, and was only in the 5th or 6th best guild on the server. But I still had no problems getting epics for my alts, even the Shaman.

The "hardcore" players back then was nowhere near as rabid as on here, and you would often find raid mobs just standing about, and there was even healthy guild diplomacy, without having to be enforced by GM's.

A lot of my friends were all in the top 1-2 guilds on the server, and they all had jobs and healthy lives, they didn't live in the game like some people do now.

This is on the EU server of course, I couldn't attest to how it was on US servers.
  #92  
Old 03-19-2017, 01:06 PM
Westcreek Westcreek is offline
Decaying Skeleton


Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1
Default

Another thing to note is that multiquesting was never big business back in the day, the same way it is here.

Certainly you'd have guildies and friends helping eachother with MQ's, but selling them were nowhere near as widespread, many players didn't even know about MQ'ing.
  #93  
Old 03-19-2017, 09:45 PM
Gumbo Gumbo is offline
Fire Giant


Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 505
Default

I have to agree with Westcreek because I played live from 1999-2001 and I knew players who got to their epic level. They wouldn't even be in a guild but from word of mouth, they would be able to get different guilds and higher level players to help them because it was helping another player out and helping them get their epic. It wasn't about the whole "what's in it for us" or "how much you going to pay" thinking it is now with P99.
  #94  
Old 03-19-2017, 10:08 PM
fastboy21 fastboy21 is offline
Planar Protector

fastboy21's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,581
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumbo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have to agree with Westcreek because I played live from 1999-2001 and I knew players who got to their epic level. They wouldn't even be in a guild but from word of mouth, they would be able to get different guilds and higher level players to help them because it was helping another player out and helping them get their epic. It wasn't about the whole "what's in it for us" or "how much you going to pay" thinking it is now with P99.
This has nothing to do with epics or MQing directly though. It is a function of how folks actually play the game differently on p99 than they did on live. For a great variety of reasons, the core interaction of players is different here than it was on live.

So, even though what you're saying is true I don't see what it has to do with the gripe the OP brought up in the first place. It has to do with everything that happens here.
  #95  
Old 03-20-2017, 06:31 PM
Gumbo Gumbo is offline
Fire Giant


Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 505
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastboy21 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So, even though what you're saying is true I don't see what it has to do with the gripe the OP brought up in the first place. It has to do with everything that happens here.
Well I believe his gripe is that if you want to get your epic on P99 then you either have to join a raiding guild for a chance to obtain the pieces even if you don't like the guild or the players in the guild.

Or you camp an area over and over to make at least 40-60K to buy certain pieces to get your epic.
  #96  
Old 03-20-2017, 08:21 PM
fastboy21 fastboy21 is offline
Planar Protector

fastboy21's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,581
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumbo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well I believe his gripe is that if you want to get your epic on P99 then you either have to join a raiding guild for a chance to obtain the pieces even if you don't like the guild or the players in the guild.

Or you camp an area over and over to make at least 40-60K to buy certain pieces to get your epic.
And???

How is that not classic eq?
  #97  
Old 03-21-2017, 08:42 AM
Samoht Samoht is offline
Planar Protector

Samoht's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,888
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastboy21 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How is that not classic eq?
It is. There's no valid complaint. Epics aren't meant to be easy; they're meant to be the supreme weapons of the era. Through oversight on behalf of SoE, some of them just happen to be easier to complete than others. But it really gets funny when people with easy epics start complaining. Tears about tears? Try being a warrior or bard.
__________________
IRONY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alarti0001 View Post
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
  #98  
Old 03-22-2017, 02:06 AM
Gumbo Gumbo is offline
Fire Giant


Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 505
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastboy21 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And???

How is that not classic eq?
I played from 1999-2001, which I would consider to be classic EQ and I don't recall a single time during those three years that someone had to spend 60K to buy a tear.
  #99  
Old 03-22-2017, 02:31 AM
Maner Maner is offline
Fire Giant


Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 502
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumbo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I played from 1999-2001, which I would consider to be classic EQ and I don't recall a single time during those three years that someone had to spend 60K to buy a tear.
i spent 4k on a vox book for my paladin during your classic period
  #100  
Old 03-22-2017, 08:09 AM
Dreenk317 Dreenk317 is offline
Sarnak


Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 398
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phatez [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Seen sirfloppin on at all lately? Have you seen his thread in EC lately? I'd love to see a log of when the last time AM has killed a mob in hate. I was actually thinking of starting to put together a team to farm it since we have several mages that need epics.
Sirfloppin? No, it's been a few weeks, but I'm not friends with him and know none of his alts, so doesn't really mean he hasn't been on.

And I hate to burst your bubble. But aftermath has people in hate quite often, so does awakened. I have a tracker parked their and I see them killing things at the fountain all the time.

And do it, put a team together, get your mages some epics.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:48 AM.


Everquest is a registered trademark of Daybreak Game Company LLC.
Project 1999 is not associated or affiliated in any way with Daybreak Game Company LLC.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.