Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2012, 07:56 PM
Planar Protector

Default The Perfect Character

I hope this thread does not fail.

So after rereading the Velious Drool thread, I got to thinking - What inventory/bank in your mind, would make the perfect/complete character?

Clearly, we're discussing bank-worthy items (ie. Vexthorne banked when you're a level 65 rogue with PoTime loot, or a Mana Robe etc) in addition to weight reduction bags, food/drink, regen items, focus items. You get the idea.

Ideally we'll set the cut off at Luclin loot, though if people want to post let's say up until PoTime that's cool.

disclaimer: not much time to type my list out now!
Old 05-04-2012, 09:03 PM
Banned

lol
Old 05-04-2012, 10:03 PM
Fire Giant

Totally not setting up a thread for failure by talking about luclin and pop on a velious server.
Old 05-04-2012, 10:22 PM
Planar Protector

I don't know about the best item to have. Not gave that much thought about it. But I can tell you one thing Velious will change a lot of peoples minds of what is the best Toon to play.

Velious is a bitch to get to. And its zones on average are huge. And the mobs hit a ton. A Druid to port there, a Shaman to have killer slows and a Ranger to Track become VERY important in that expansion. A lot different than Kunark. Notice all three have sow and 2 can Track. And there are a Ton of animals in the outdoor zones also. Favoring a Druid and a Ranger. If you think a Enchanter is Squishy now, wait till Velious.

I would guess a Bard would do good there also. Never played one back in the day. I can't walk and chew gum at the same time.
Last edited by webrunner5; 05-05-2012 at 04:44 AM..
Old 05-04-2012, 10:57 PM
Fire Giant

me
Old 05-05-2012, 07:42 AM
Aviak

Back on live my favorite item was the clicky robe off ssra emp. Mana regen buff that stacked with everything, and after using the click could take off the robe no problem. That would be the top of my list of items to have on a caster.
Old 05-05-2012, 07:44 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by webrunner5 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I would guess a Bard would do good there also. Never played one back in the day. I can't walk and chew gum at the same time.
There are also a lot of large-sized mobs in Velious, and their strike range is too great for a bard to be able to handle AOEing them.

I liked your post.
Old 05-05-2012, 04:37 PM
Sarnak

Bards are pretty good on normal servers. But with aggro issues here reverse charm or swarm kiting doesn't work. I'm not sure what expansion the ancient spells came in but the ancient mez was pretty good for soloing tough stuff. Took forever, but you basically melee something as long as you can, ancient mez it, then regen back up and start over. Thats what people were doing to solo Phinny on live.
Closed Thread