Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2014, 06:41 PM
Orc

One day it became about everyone sitting on spawn points for FTE. How/when this started I'm not sure. If a guild maintains a certain # of people near a raid target I would assume they are putting in the extra effort for that one. Farming Juggs, XP'ing in Pits, Farming VP ent. We all love to chase our pixels. I love some wild competition races FTE, Lock down and Shinanigans aren't cool tho.

Eloian Bushlover (Bushes have feelings too)
57 Ranger <BDA>
Old 01-01-2014, 06:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuddwin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Awesome that BDA allowed Taken to have first shot... Gratz... BUT... The second part of your statement is what really gets to me... Why didn't Taken/BDA "exp" in VS pit when VS was in "short" window before? Why haven't you been there the countless other times? C'mon guys...
Because it's not worth the time spent there over a 96+ hour window when the chances of getting the mob are vastly reduced with FE/IB/TMO there, DA stall tanking, doing whatever it takes, 3am batphones, etc.

You are conveniently neglecting the fact that conditions here were very different than the norm. Stop pretending like you don't understand that other guilds want to make sure their time spent doing that sort of thing has a reasonable chance of being rewarded.

When it's a 1-in-2 chance against a guild that may or may not have the experience/strat to be successful with a sudden VS pop... those are good odds. FE/IB couldn't engage immediately because of the "can't kill for 2 hours if we were the last to kill it" rule, so both hardcore guilds were out of the picture for that spawn. Completely different scenario than before these last two weeks and you know it.

Add FE/IB and TMO into the mix who know all the tricks and having VS be a high-priority mob? Chances are our time is going to be for nothing.

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 01-01-2014, 06:49 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyym [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We are getting requests from guilds I have never heard of to attend the discussion tonight. May I suggest the smaller guilds voice their concerns to some of the higher up Cat B guilds like BDA, Divinity and Taken. Tonight's forum will be restricting representatives to 2 players from each guild. With that in mind, we will still be having 10 -12 people on our vent likely all talking at once. We know the concerns and we are doing our best to come to some sort of amiable solution that benefits everyone. However if you haven't killed a Dragon or God in the past 6 months, then please let your proxy be conveyed by one of the aforementioned guilds.

Morphius
Forceful Entry
Dictating what guilds are allowed to be at the meeting. Not a good start.
Old 01-01-2014, 06:57 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyym [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We are getting requests from guilds I have never heard of to attend the discussion tonight. May I suggest the smaller guilds voice their concerns to some of the higher up Cat B guilds like BDA, Divinity and Taken. Tonight's forum will be restricting representatives to 2 players from each guild. With that in mind, we will still be having 10 -12 people on our vent likely all talking at once. We know the concerns and we are doing our best to come to some sort of amiable solution that benefits everyone. However if you haven't killed a Dragon or God in the past 6 months, then please let your proxy be conveyed by one of the aforementioned guilds.

Morphius
Forceful Entry

So only 6 guilds are allowed to talk about the future of the server? Do "Cat B" guilds get an equal vote? Seems to be against the entire idea of coming together as a server to make changes to make the future better for everyone.
Old 01-01-2014, 06:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troubled [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Agreed. In my opinion there is NO reason that any guild should have more voice over another simply because they "put in time" or "have a reputation"

we all pay the same subscription! we deserve the same for our money!

Oh yea .... Piss Off.

H
Old 01-01-2014, 07:07 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troubled [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm sure many many guilds could have entered the raid scene long ago but seeing the toxic pool we swim in they rather not get dirty, so they waited for Velious...and waited..and waited, frustration grows. Now the raid scene is being reshaped and all eyes are on it. Of course those guilds want a say. They deserve a say as much as anyone.

Eloian Bushlover (To keep your bushes clean don't let riffraff near it)
57 Ranger <BDA>
Old 01-01-2014, 07:09 PM
Fire Giant

I put the offered proposal from the other day down on paper and this is what I get, 35/35 split. Obviously using no-variance but you could easily put a sub-rotation into that for tier 2 guilds that want to do that and not force a sillybilly rotation upon those that don't.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-01-2014, 07:15 PM
Fire Giant

Mezzmur, you cant approach these folks with facts, they'll ignore you.
Old 01-01-2014, 07:22 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by YendorLootmonkey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Because it's not worth the time spent there over a 96+ hour window when the chances of getting the mob are vastly reduced with FE/IB/TMO there, DA stall tanking, doing whatever it takes, 3am batphones, etc.

You are conveniently neglecting the fact that conditions here were very different than the norm. Stop pretending like you don't understand that other guilds want to make sure their time spent doing that sort of thing has a reasonable chance of being rewarded.

When it's a 1-in-2 chance against a guild that may or may not have the experience/strat to be successful with a sudden VS pop... those are good odds. FE/IB couldn't engage immediately because of the "can't kill for 2 hours if we were the last to kill it" rule, so both hardcore guilds were out of the picture for that spawn. Completely different scenario than before these last two weeks and you know it.

Add FE/IB and TMO into the mix who know all the tricks and having VS be a high-priority mob? Chances are our time is going to be for nothing.

Would really like to respond but this is just a never ending battle... You want... Meh.. Nvm..

GG
Old 01-01-2014, 07:23 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lammy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mezzmur, you cant approach these folks with facts, they'll ignore you.
Closed Thread