Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2011, 02:39 AM
Planar Protector

I never played the Sega CD versions, or a Sega CD for that matter haha. I was more interested in checking out the insane prices they fetch, played the games long ago, and I guess it was just okay. They are probably just collecting dust with a lot of other things now.
Serilis - 60 Wizard
Decisive - 60 Bard
Winsloe - 60 Rogue
Zaggasauarus - 27 Necro
Old 02-02-2011, 03:27 AM
Kobold

A lot of people have said how great lunar story was so I picked it up. I play it for an hour before bed each night and I am about 12 hours in now......and I can't say I am all that impressed. It seems like a mediocre at best dungeon crawler with a boring story. Valkyrie profile 2 did it so much better.

I will see if I can find suidoken 2 though. I am always up for trying out "new" older games.
Old 02-02-2011, 05:06 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
wow.. you can't be serious. Suikoden II is heads and shoulders above any other console rpg ever created.
You're on crack.
Final Fantasy > The Legend of Zelda > Xenogears > Phantasy Star > Final Fantasy VII > All Other Console RPGs.

I don't even think Suikoden comes up in the top twenty for me.
Old 02-02-2011, 05:29 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by odizzido [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A lot of people have said how great lunar story was so I picked it up. I play it for an hour before bed each night and I am about 12 hours in now......and I can't say I am all that impressed. It seems like a mediocre at best dungeon crawler with a boring story. Valkyrie profile 2 did it so much better.

I will see if I can find suidoken 2 though. I am always up for trying out "new" older games.
Lunar is definitely pretty standard save the girl, save the world JRPG type stuff aimed at kids. It was above average for its time though within the genre of such games. L2:Eternal Blue the better of the two. Sort of a game you had to play while you were young to appreciate I think.

The Suikoden games were cool, if not a little overrated. The mixture of party-based stuff/large scale war/base building was pretty novel. I have to admit though, my favorite part of those games was when Mantis mentioned the Suikoken saved games on your memory card while fighting him in Metal Gear Solid 1 for the PS.

"Sooo, I see you like Suiiiikoden"

That was a cool boss fight and a cool gimmick.

It's nice to see those old JRPGs rising in price though, as I have basically all of them from the late 80s - late 90s era. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-02-2011, 05:35 AM
Banned

Quote:
This is quite possibly one of the greatest RPGS ever made, dont agree with me? just search for the game on ebay and see how much it costs used.
Yeah, Sukoden II had a limited print and was never reprinted due to poor reception at launch. There's so few of them, which is why it's so expensive. Basic supply and demand. Besides, a game's price has absolute zero to do with the merits of the game.
Old 02-02-2011, 05:59 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crover_CT99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lunar is definitely pretty standard save the girl, save the world JRPG type stuff aimed at kids. It was above average for its time though within the genre of such games. L2:Eternal Blue the better of the two. Sort of a game you had to play while you were young to appreciate I think.

The Suikoden games were cool, if not a little overrated. The mixture of party-based stuff/large scale war/base building was pretty novel. I have to admit though, my favorite part of those games was when Mantis mentioned the Suikoken saved games on your memory card while fighting him in Metal Gear Solid 1 for the PS.

"Sooo, I see you like Suiiiikoden"

That was a cool boss fight and a cool gimmick.

It's nice to see those old JRPGs rising in price though, as I have basically all of them from the late 80s - late 90s era. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It was basically one of the first games to combine all of those elements into one. It had an RTS sort of quality, typical RPG elements, MASSIVE amounts of characters to choose from both secret and not, etc.
Old 02-02-2011, 09:19 AM
Kobold

I liked part of Suikoden.

The part of playing Iron Chef *Insert Castle Name Here*.
Old 02-02-2011, 10:46 AM
Sarnak

Suikoden I and II are two of the best games I've ever played, hands down.

My wife actually owns them -- and I can confirm they cost a bloody fortune. So does Valkyrie Profile. She collects this stuff. I'm all for buying good games, but... damn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gratis View Post
Or you people could quit being children and stop treating minor issues as major infractions. There are tons of petitions coming in for reasons that can actually be resolved quickly and don't culminate in a message board brawl by a bunch of adults acting like brats.
Old 02-02-2011, 02:15 PM
Kobold

There are a lot of great games for the PS1/2 that I have yet to play.
Old 02-02-2011, 04:59 PM
Planar Protector

Chrono Trigger > Final Fantasy imo
DAOC Class Descriptions by Crith (for all 3 realms, with some comparisons to EQ classes)
DAOC: Uthgard Revamp (old thread with some useful info)
"Sometimes a Majority means, that most fools are on the same side"
Closed Thread