Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2011, 11:21 PM
Sarnak

Default If you could make a new class for p99

If rogean/niblog came to you and wanted your help making a new class some what unique for p99 emu what would you call it, what kind of role in groups and/or raids would it have. What are its shining abilities. What races could play it. Plate/chain/leather/silk? ect
Last edited by Jigga; 06-06-2011 at 11:30 PM..
Old 06-06-2011, 11:28 PM
Planar Protector

I would remove all existing classes and make new ones [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-06-2011, 11:41 PM
Sarnak

I have a soft spot for Psionics, so....

Class Name: Psion

Armor: Cloth

Role: Melee DPS, Support (A variation of Monk but with a mana pool and support spells, and less melee focused than the monk).

Weapons: 1HB, 2HB, HTH

Skills: Double Attack around Level 22, Dodge Lv. 15, Block Lv. 19, but at lower skill caps than a pure melee, Tracking Lv. 30 (e.g., sensing presence of nearby living beings, rather than tracking like a Ranger / Druid / Bard does)

Spell Selection:
-Mind altering spells (e.g., Lull, Short mesmerize lasting two or three ticks)
-Utility and Buff spells (e.g., Levitation, Damage Absorbs, AC Buffs, and Damage Mitigation (e.g., -flat number damage on every hit), resist buffs)
-Force-based Direct Damage spells with slight knockback (akin to Whirling Wind)
-Debuffs (e.g., Mana drain, Fear)

Would share some spells with the enchanter, and would receive spells at Level 9 and draw from lower level Enchanter spells, like any hybrid would (e.g., Paladins get Transal @ 30, a lvl 14 Cleric spell. Psions would get Rune I at level 30, a lvl 16 Enchanter spell). Gains @ high levels the ability to self-buff own weapons with magical effects (extra magic based damage, for example) and, at higher levels, the ability to grant a similar but less powerful effect to a single target but with a long cooldown / duration (think like the Avatar line of spells)

Granted, had I designed my own MMO and wasn't constrained to what EQ could do, I would take it much further. /shrug.

I like thought exercises though. :3
Odinty Treeguard - Level 58 Druid (Level 9)
Vmek Shadowsong - Level 51 Bard (Level 5)
Odibin Deathbearer - Level 36 Necromancer (Level 13)
Old 06-06-2011, 11:55 PM
Fire Giant

I'd make a druid, but make it a shape shifting class that could tank, nuke, or heal based on the form its in
Old 06-07-2011, 12:00 AM
Kobold

You need a 4th shape that would be your crowd control form, and you'd need a pet, and can wear any armor, use any weapon, equip any accessory. Oh, and backstabfor like 8x dmg but no aggro increase.
Old 06-07-2011, 12:09 AM
Planar Protector

I would rather the current ones that are in were just balanced better.
Old 06-07-2011, 12:16 AM
Orc

Ive always thought there should a class for Witch but I guess some might think thats to similar to Necro. Pretty much just make their dots more effective than shamans/necros I.E. (Wizards of the DoT classes) after that just give them a few other benefits.

Race: Dark Elf, Iksar, Ogre, Troll
Last edited by Iksur; 06-07-2011 at 12:31 AM..
Old 06-07-2011, 12:24 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourthmeal [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd make a druid, but make it a shape shifting class that could tank, nuke, or heal based on the form its in
Obvious WoW jokes in this thread.

I wouldn't make any new classes because it really doesn't need it. If there were going to be any changes I'd just tweak little things here and there about the current classes to un-sonyize or otherwise fix them, but leave most of it alone. It's fine like it is.

The core mechanics of the game were really good all the way up to and including Omens imo. I have a special fondness for the "New Trilogy" era of EQ if you will.
The internet is a cruel, anonymous fight club where your weaknesses will be exploited and your fears used against you. Use the internet for entertainment and maybe information, as long as you realize that most of it is false. But if your sole social circle exists entirely online, you're already fucked if you can't hack it alone, because you are.
Sithix Wraithscale - Necro
Old 06-07-2011, 01:04 AM
Kobold

I'd make the Orangutan Mage class. They can only move by swinging from magic trees they cast for themselves, and can only use nukes and ranged weapons. However, mobs target their magic trees which are really fragile, and if their current tree dies and the Orangutan Mage hits the ground, they can't move and lose half their mana. Yep, tree-kiting Orangutan Mages would really spice this game up.
Old 06-07-2011, 01:11 AM
Sarnak

Berserker, I seriously miss my zerker more than anything on live.
Closed Thread