Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2011, 10:39 PM
Sarnak

The management should just be way more willing to dick around with the high end raiders (who make up a minority on the server) whenever they act like douches.

Massive clusterfuck about who gets to kill a mob? Guess what, the mob had it's loot stripped, have fun fighting each other to loot the items that Trakanon didn't drop. Large arguments about who trained who? Guess what? You all got ported to the middle of the ocean in OOT. Racing back to train each other some more? Enjoy the DTs.

This would free up GM time spent listening to man-children do rule lawyering, while also letting the GMs have some fun. Double win for the management.
Old 09-05-2011, 10:40 PM
Kobold

Send a message via AIM to Dravingar

Quote:
Originally Posted by soup [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Massive clusterfuck about who gets to kill a mob? Guess what, the mob had it's loot stripped, have fun fighting each other to loot the items that Trakanon didn't drop.
Rival guild clearly gets FTE so you run in and attack it and claim FTE, they get loot taken away from them. GG
Last edited by Dravingar; 09-05-2011 at 10:41 PM.. Reason: Fail quote.
Old 09-05-2011, 10:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taminy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Poopsocking for 1/2 shot >>>> poopsocking for 1/6 shot
Where do you get 1/6 shot? Only two guilds would be insane enough to poopsock through no variance. Oddly enough, it is the same two guilds insane enough to poopsock through any variance. The rest of us are like "F that... not worth it..."

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 09-05-2011, 10:44 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by YendorLootmonkey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Where do you get 1/6 shot? Only two guilds would be insane enough to poopsock through no variance. Oddly enough, it is the same two guilds insane enough to poopsock through any variance. The rest of us are like "F that... not worth it..."
No variance just means you don't have to poopsock unless they count the 15 man rule again(not sure if that's still around or not TBH). Log in 45 minutes before it spawns, run to mob, sit on spawn spamming f8, /target macros and spamming a hammer and hope for the best.
Old 09-05-2011, 10:47 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dravingar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rival guild clearly gets FTE so you run in and attack it and claim FTE, they get loot taken away from them. GG
So in other words, you didn't understand what I said even a tiny bit, lol

The entire point was giving GMs far more discretion to just dick around with people who act like douchebags, yet you tried to interpret as some kind of additional rules to be rule lawyered. The entire point is to make rule lawyering never in anyone's best interests.
Old 09-05-2011, 10:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dravingar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No variance just means you don't have to poopsock unless they count the 15 man rule again(not sure if that's still around or not TBH). Log in 45 minutes before it spawns, run to mob, sit on spawn spamming f8, /target macros and spamming a hammer and hope for the best.
"Why are there 450 people in Sebilis??? Oh, Trak's due in 14.5 minutes."

Gotcha.

Hell, in that case, it'll be way worse than 1 out of 6 chance. Peace Pipe could run in there with 15 people and try for FTE. By the time the other 435 people reduce Trak to hoop dust within seconds of it spawning and wait for the GM to verify FTE, you may as well just random Trak's loot to whoever's present in the lair every three days. At least have the raid target shout the first aggro it has so the other people there stop attacking and let whatever guild got FTE go through with the fight since they've claimed their attempt on it.

Last edited by YendorLootmonkey; 09-05-2011 at 10:52 PM..
Old 09-05-2011, 10:51 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Exactly.

And there are at least 4 guilds/alliances that could kill trak.

TR

TMO

(of course)

Then Divinity/Taken/BDA/VD

Maybe solo each of them or two of them banded together. And if it's FTE he's likely going to die no matter what anyway.
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by YendorLootmonkey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"Why are there 450 people in Sebilis??? Oh, Trak's due in 14.5 minutes."

Gotcha.
It would of happened last time if Salty didn't bail out. I was really hoping for a massive clusterfuck.
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizen1080 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes I know...another thread on raiding on p99 and all the bullshit it involves. Sorry [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

In my opinion,

Seems like the most simple and elegant solution possible, something Devs can implement today which really would bring back that "classic feel", is ZERO gm interference for raid targets.

Guild X is going for CT, Guild Z Trains the shit outta them so they are unable to kill CT.

Normal scenario = Petitions, whining, bitching, GM intervention, suspensions, one guild getting loot over another, RnF posts, whining, bitching. Rinse and Repeat.

In my new perfect world there are no GM interventions. You don't like Guild Z training your shit? Train them back. For awhile its going to be a cluster fuck of trains. RnF will actually be worth reading again.

However, in the long run while this shitstorm is going on the intelligent players are going to realize, "shit man....we haven't killed anything worthwhile in weeks....all we do is train each other"

Once they realize this things should start to change, guild alliances, raid rotations, Big guilds letting small guilds help kill raid targets and getting to pick one item of loot off boss?! PEOPLE BEHAVING LIKE ADULTS!!?

Let the guilds police themselves. 99% of the server doesn't give a shit if Guild Z is Training Guild X in Fear. It does not effect us, we do not give a shit.

Spend your time fixing bugs, helping players with real issues and let the raid scene police its self.

The entire raid scene will deadlock if every time someone gets ready to kill Trak another guild trains them till they give up.

My option will FORCE guilds to play nice and free up DEV and GM time since they wont have to deal with the bullshit.

Not that anyone cares but, I am in Management at UPS. I learned a long time ago that if you treat your employees like children, always involving yourself every time they have the smallest issue, they will behave exactly like children. And I spent more time babysitting them than getting my work done.

However, if you treat them like intelligent adults and make them solve their own issues suddenly they have brains and are able to figure out most issues for themselves. Now a days I could not even show up to work and everything would be done and done correctly because I have a crew of people who think for themselves instead of a crew of children always looking to me to fix things.

I will admit I did not do much raiding Pre Velious and I have done ZERO raiding on P99, mostly due to not wanting to deal with all the bullshit here.

However, I think the P99 staff needs to step back and learn from my mistakes. Treat the players like adults and let the guilds police themselves and I think you will be pleasantly surprised in the long run.

-----
I'm a driver for UPS Bob, and by your Management admission, you sir cannot be trusted period [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-05-2011, 10:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taminy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And if it's FTE he's likely going to die no matter what anyway.
You shout, "pop!"
Trakanon claws Yendor for 34 points of damage!
Yendor has been slain!
(100+ lines of lifetap damage reporting and melee within 1 second)
Trakanon has been slain by Jabober.
Amelinda says, "Well, that was quick. It's just easier if a representative from each guild with 15+ here /random 100 and I'll award the trak loot to that guild."

Closed Thread