Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2011, 12:14 AM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Default Server Status

I don't really have time to read through all the posts in the last couple weeks and sort through the bullshit.

I need a thread where there is a solid discussion with cliff notes on what needs to be addressed before the server goes live. I am not looking for individual opinions, I'm looking for people who can summarize the consensus of the players, and this should be from people who have played in the last 2 weeks. If you are not capable of doing this, don't post here. Better yet.. I want every post here to lead off with what your ingame character name is. Don't lie.. you won't like the consequence.

Main topics:

Spell System - Generally Good / Bad? Any tweaks needed?
Dynamic PVP System - Since it's been working now.. Good / Bad?
PvP Range - This is changing soon.. either to a straight 5 or 6 level difference or a dynamic difference based on levels, with lower levels having a smaller pvp range and scaling all the way to the current 8 level difference at around level 40.

Any other general mechanic issues that need to be addressed.

Looking at a mid november release now.

Legacy items will be in this weekend. I finally finished the backend system needed so we can add these back to the database without affecting the blue server, so now nilbog just needs to go in and do that.

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Old 10-28-2011, 12:17 AM
Banned

Add topic request:

A leaderboard is drasticly needed wether the population has enough wisdom to understand it yet or not. Considering they have voted for it or YT in a 2 to 1 margin, it looks like they are wise enough.

Thanks for your consideration.
Last edited by Macken; 10-28-2011 at 12:20 AM..
Old 10-28-2011, 12:44 AM
Planar Protector

in game name: Pudge

responding to:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Add topic request:

A leaderboard is drasticly needed wether the population has enough wisdom to understand it yet or not. Considering they have voted for it or YT in a 2 to 1 margin, it looks like they are wise enough.

Thanks for your consideration.
Answer: no
Old 10-28-2011, 12:45 AM
Banned

spawns stuck @ upper guk entrance - graphic glitch?
Old 10-28-2011, 12:48 AM
Planar Protector

In game name: Belle, 14 cleric. I tested the resists of my own spells (root, blind, stun) on myself, and they seem good at this level. Scaling level range maxing at 8+/- at 40 is perfect. If cannot scale, I feel 8+/- is necessary.

EDIT: Once dynamic range is working fine, the level range will probably matter a lot less.

EDIT 2: It would be really great to see players take faction hits for killing people in their hometowns. And the guards assisting in pvp using faction levels.
Last edited by Softcore PK; 10-28-2011 at 01:49 AM..
Old 10-28-2011, 12:59 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'll talk the incremental natural range over with the others. I'm thinking something like this..

+/- 4 until 20
5 until 40
6 until 50
8 51+

two players able to attack eachother would be determined by the lowest level player's range. Still affected by the dynamic range system.
i thought this was great for level range scaling.

however it ends up, please make it +/- 4 at least till level 20
Old 10-28-2011, 01:04 AM
Banned

+1 level scaling
Old 10-28-2011, 01:15 AM
Large Rat

Characters: Knahsgin - 50 mage, Plep - 46 cleric.

Quote:
Spell System - Generally Good / Bad? Any tweaks needed?
I enjoy the resist system. Don't care to nit-pick about tweaks. I do believe CC's landing more often for shorter durations and also removing movement buffs is a good offset. Anything further is going to sway a lot from classic and cause more issues than it manages to fix.

Quote:
Dynamic PVP System - Since it's been working now.. Good / Bad?
PvP Range - This is changing soon.. either to a straight 5 or 6 level difference or a dynamic difference based on levels, with lower levels having a smaller pvp range and scaling all the way to the current 8 level difference at around level 40.
These go hand-in-hand for me. Drop the dynamic system and set a permanent level range for PvP, whether it scales or not. Dynamic system is a mess waiting to happen. There shouldn't be another minute spent working on that system.

No issues with the server are significant enough for me to spend my time caring about, regardless of what class I play. I'm not going to change my mind about playing because melee range and damage is a little off, or spells land too much/too little. Overall everything seems decent - I'm sure minor tweaks will be required after release but that should be expected, nothing to cry about.
Old 10-28-2011, 01:17 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Looking at a mid november release now.
Does this apply to the release of VP as well?

Also pvp level range should be +/- 4 levels from 1 - 50 imo.
Old 10-28-2011, 01:27 AM
Sarnak

Dontbrag - 50 Mage

Spell System - Decent so far, quite a few things still need addressed heavily - Dispelling your own pet (huge) Dispelling NPCS etc.. Few bugs people have posted need heavily addressed. (I would discuss internally your plans on overwriting spells(movement and what not)and the plans to move forward with or without it)

Parital resists need more tweaking - I think 50/60 resists in FR/CR shouldnt be neting the partial resist rates we are seeing now. Partials shouldnt be kicking off until around 90+ of a resist, its simply to easy to get 50-60 in a single resist, effort should be applied before characters should start resisting spells of any nature, not just being naked with a Resist buff.(example posted in Lovelys thread w/screenshots)

Dynamic PVP System
- Great Idea Rogean and I like where you are going with it.. However, simply too flakey off and on and I think just making the Hotspots (Lower Guk, SolB etc... ) a FFA zone would remedy everything everyone is looking for and avoid alot of drama moving forward (and or negative feedback on changes to the custom Dynamic setup)

PVP Range - I am a happy with whatever we end up with, however... RZ's +4-4 seems to be the most balanced given the leveling system and or spell gap in classic between spell upgrades.. I think most will agree here. I do think 5 would be fine as well.

Legacy Items There are a few (for reasons being I dont want to mention on the forums, then everyone will know of/and or farm) I am hoping to see implemented as they are decent items with time invested that could be obtained before removed...
For that list if you are unsure I would be happy to pm (with proof of their existence in classic) No not Eggshape pumice etc either... Real legit items (non artifact)

Huge Huge issue that should be addressed and one of the most important - Recharging of Items .... I am a huge proponent of utility items and will farm them like no other, but I fear this will destroy pvp for the server.... If recharging is left in make it expensive (currently 294x2 plat (no charisma buff) to recharge golem wands... I havent (and no one has I take it) have tested - Conflag wands, Wand of Souls/ Shocking Steel Mage Wands, but if they are anywhere close to the cost of Golem Wands (You can see where this is/will be heading right?)... Address this asap before the server turns into a clicky fest.
We should either
A) Remove it now or
B) Make it very expensive to do so upfront, the consequences of not doing so now and addressing this later on will only ensure a cry fest about so and so did it for weeks/months and now you nerf it.. etc...

Suggestion - The levels that are being talked about for the event on Sunday, Let people keep them, its beta and its been open for abit now, more 50s on the server of the few classes people may want to try out on Live may encourage more pvp and bring about some of the future conflicts you may run into later on.. (IE People may do planes, fight in the planes etc..) these are things if we address ahead of time the rules/decsions can be hashed out before release instead of a on the fly cluster fuck. (This doesnt mean you trolls try and make 10 different level 1s to get gear etc... Maybe Rogean/Null can come up with a system to prevent this ... IE the summon idea I thru out in the Event thread itself.) But letting people try out classes/bugs and move closer to the higher end is what we should be testing over the next few weeks...

Thats it for now, Alot of the server is top notch and I am utterly impressed at its stability and or mostly classic feel. Few things we iron out and it should maintain a very healthy population.

I'll edit this post as I move forward.. and do more testing... IT just doesnt give me any reason to want to login at the moment considering I play a mage (pet can be CC'd so easily) and I can do nothing about it. But am willing to test out things to help progress.

Kringe
Quote:
Originally Posted by inimegalg View Post
kringe always come up big.. thanks bro

wish we were guilded together n pvping but i think selena/keto carrying over some shit that happened in WoW and black listed me from holocaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herb9 View Post
you are a prized screenshot my friend, you arent the type to just sit around afk and let it happen'
Last edited by Kringe; 10-28-2011 at 08:48 AM..
Closed Thread