Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2010, 02:27 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawqueue [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think you'd have to be an idiot to read this post, KNOW that they have systems in place to identify these problems, KNOW that they've thus fixed it, and still think "Hey, maybe I'll try this out myself!"

I just wanted to know who it was, so that if I did know him...I could tease him mercilessly because he was a dipshit =P
It was a joke [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Formerly:
Imagin Uhaveclarity - Level 67 Gnome Enchanter, Innoruuk (Shortly after Kunark to a couple months before Luclin, back again around LDON through OOW)
Tegeril Whitewolf - Level 52 Wood Elf Druid, Innoruuk (Opening of Innoruuk - half of Kunark)
Old 11-10-2010, 02:59 PM
Sarnak

I guess I just fail at the whole idea of cheating. Why play this if you are going to cheat? You make plat and get items that are commensurate with your level. It's a journey to be enjoyed. So when you actually bank that first 1K there is a sense of accomplishment associated with it.
Old 11-10-2010, 04:24 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedbonker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I guess I just fail at the whole idea of cheating. Why play this if you are going to cheat? You make plat and get items that are commensurate with your level. It's a journey to be enjoyed. So when you actually bank that first 1K there is a sense of accomplishment associated with it.
The majority of people would agree, but then a lot of them, when it comes to the opportunity (through the accidental discovery of a bug or whatnot), do not take the honest approach of reporting it. Even those that do, most do so out of fear of being caught and banned.

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Old 11-10-2010, 04:25 PM
Sarnak

Btw this guy offered me 800k for my rbb, 600k for my gaunts of fiery might. i was like uhhh let me think about it? (no?) Then I auctioned for spined dragon claws. He was like he has them for 20k, but instead offers 1.5mil for the rbb and gaunts.

LOL YEAH NO
Old 11-10-2010, 04:28 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

lol @ divide by zero tag.

THAT WOULD BE A SEGFAULT.

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Old 11-10-2010, 04:37 PM
Sarnak

Well, I guess greed comes into it at some point and people get blinded by that...
Old 11-10-2010, 04:39 PM
Large Rat

Nice job guys good to know you'r looking out for us =)
Old 11-10-2010, 05:57 PM
Kobold

Awesome catch and foot work by Rog and Uth!
Bad boys... bad boys.........

Classic:
Gruemm - Dwarven Scout of Fennin Ro
Member of the Grudge Bearers
Old 11-10-2010, 07:38 PM
Aviak

I'd like to thank the exploiter and the gms. Thank you for finding this retard, but more importantly, thank you for bringing down the server and brining it up right when I got home from work. Allowing me to pick and choose my group and camp and grind out of 40. THANKS [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by vitalious; 11-10-2010 at 07:40 PM..
Old 11-10-2010, 08:02 PM
Orc

Thanks Rogean, Uthgaard, and crew for taking in game monetary policy seriously. On live, seemingly the only GM I ever knew who personally understood how integral this is to maintaining a healthy play environment was Uini. I would assert that runaway deflation 'killed' EQ more thoroughly than any item, code, or class balance issues.

ETA: Did it by chance have anything to do with the Fear portal zone-in or has that duping bug already been addressed?
Last edited by Mimn; 11-10-2010 at 08:05 PM..
Closed Thread