Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: Is variance still needed?
Yes, it promotes "competition" 75 29.18%
No, its an unneccesary non-classic time sink 182 70.82%
Voters: 257. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2012, 09:39 PM
Sarnak

I think its good but you are really screwing over the euros by only spawning mobs in the afternoons and evenings. I don't see a problem just leaving it entirely random, I'm sure other guilds will log on for late night attempts when there is a server msg and they don't have to do any tracking.
Old 10-12-2012, 09:44 PM
Aviak

I just love the whole idea of the random server repop once a week and the varience being cut in half.
Thanks for doing it and Thanks for the server!
Old 10-12-2012, 09:46 PM
Fire Giant

I think all of these are great improvements, would like to see maybe some more accommodation for Euro/Az/Aus timezones like many have mentioned about, or making the variance timer to better accommodate all timezones
Valkommen Farval - 57 Epic Human Preserver
Eddey Lizzard - 53 Iksar Champion
Wiliamm Wallace - 49 Epic Barbarian Rogue
Shaman Epic Faction Service
<Europa>
Old 10-12-2012, 09:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think all of these are great improvements, would like to see maybe some more accommodation for Euro/Az/Aus timezones like many have mentioned about, or making the variance timer to better accommodate all timezones
If I still lived in Japan I would adamantly be voicing against this. I think it's a good point still though, it should be random so all players can have a chance, even if they make up a smaller player base.

Maybe if the RNG picks a weekend have the time be any hour of the day?
Serilis - 60 Wizard
Decisive - 60 Bard
Winsloe - 60 Rogue
Zaggasauarus - 27 Necro
Old 10-12-2012, 09:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenalpow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can guarantee that BDA would take an interest in VP if training weren't the deciding factor in the zone. This might mean that TMO would have to defend VP immediately upon a server repop instead of leaving VP until the end after they competed for other targets.

Other guilds would then have a better shot at taking targets. Just a thought.
Yeah I think enforcing train rules in VP is critical to spreading out the guilds. VP makes great sense for BDA because even if you 'lose' you still get a dragon or two and items that most of your guild doesn't have. Meanwhile all the normal targets are open to second tier guilds.

Morloth I personally wouldn't mind tokens. I am like Orruar, its fun to try and beat raid encounters with the smallest number of people, rather than trying to steamroll encounters as fast as possible with a larger force. Different strokes for different folks. However, I don't think it'll get implemented here; its just not classic.
in words of anal fingers, just a filthy spaniard
Old 10-12-2012, 09:57 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

God damn this thread is up to 17 pages already. I'm still back on Page 6, so gonna start replying to shit so I don't lose track of my thoughts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splorf22 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Everything repops, period. Those annoying see invis wurms/illis shamans in the jail. Epic mobs. Everything. Give like a 30 minute warning, and then teleport all players in zone to the zone succor point and respawn everything across all zones.
I'd like to expand on this. An abusable scenario would be that if there's any warning to the repop, people will merely camp out at a desired spot in preparation, and coordinate to log in at the same time to lay claim. This was possible in the current situation anyways every time we announce a patch though, so is it a moot point?

Also to be discussed is camp claims.. I forsee an increase in petitions because a repop is announced while someone is camping a long spawn (Hadden for example), only to get ported to the zone in when it repops and another player beats them back, doesn't see anyone, and kills the mob (or does see someone and kills it anyways). Even if the claim could be proven it's wasting staff time.

I shall continue reading from page 6 now >_>

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Old 10-12-2012, 09:58 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yea we won't be doing any character lockouts btw, that's silly.

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Old 10-12-2012, 10:04 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarathiel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the only problem i see with a full server repop on these random "patch days" would be how it would affect the non-raiding portion of the community. it would be kind of unfair to repop zones where people are xping and disrupt their groups by having the whole zone repop on them. this would lead to many people dying in bad spots and ultimately lots of petitions for GM rezzes. i think the random repops should be kept exclusively to raid mobs that way the entire server doesnt have to grind to a halt because of the raid mobs spawning.
This is how the system was originally designed - only raid mobs. However I'm considering applying it to everything, but if that was the case there would be safeguards put in, such as automatically porting everyone to the zone in, or only if they were in aggro range of a mob that spawned, etc. There are systems that can be designed to prevent that, and trust me I think of all these things whenever considering something like that.. we aren't that narrow minded. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Old 10-12-2012, 10:07 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

We are discussing the VP No Staff Involvement Rules internally but have not reached a decision yet.

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Old 10-12-2012, 10:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eccezan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That was a good discussion. /flame on
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

you're better than that.
Closed Thread