Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2012, 07:50 PM
Sarnak

Default 2012 Presidential Debates

Tomorrow will be the first debate and I figure we should at least have a thread about it. Hopefully some engaging conversations will occur, but who knows, it might just be me and the crickets. The topic for tomorrow (October 3rd) will be domestic policy. I foresee a bunch of dodging of issues. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-02-2012, 09:01 PM
Banned

Who wants to bet that Barack Obama receives the most amount of votes for a President in the history of the United States of America twice in a row?
Old 10-02-2012, 09:38 PM
Sarnak

It's disingenuous to insinuate that Obama has ever won the most amount of votes. Perhaps in sheer volume, as population is always growing since the industrial revolution flipped the bitch on natural selection, but proportionally speaking it's not even close. He barely got 52% of the popular vote in 2008.

The popular vote doesn't mean anything anyways, as we are a Republic not a Democracy. Reagan has the most electoral votes of any president ever with 525.

--

Now that that's out of the way, I notice most Obama lovers are Bush haters, which isn't a difficult position to reach obviously. But how do you reconcile the fact that Obama has spent 3x as much as Bush in 1/2 the time and has reneged on virtually every campaign promise?

In your unfailing love, silence my enemies; destroy all my foes, for I am your servant.
Blessed be the LORD my strength, who teaches my hands for war, and my fingers to fight.
(Psalms 143:12-144:1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
To be fair he is making $$, which I can't fault him for. If cheating gets you real money, go for it. Real money > pixels.
[10:53] <@Amelinda> he grabbed my ass and then i broke his nose.
Last edited by Lucky; 10-02-2012 at 09:45 PM..
Old 10-02-2012, 11:16 PM
Banned

I always laugh when I hear this. Educate yourself. 90% of the deficit over the last 4 years was things that Bush didn't pay for. Ironically, the Right's massive propaganda machine is the reason why Republicans are consistently nearly as informed as turtles.
Old 10-02-2012, 11:41 PM
Banned

Last edited by dredge; 12-12-2012 at 09:41 PM..
Old 10-02-2012, 11:57 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slave [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I always laugh when I hear this. Educate yourself. 90% of the deficit over the last 4 years was things that Bush didn't pay for. Ironically, the Right's massive propaganda machine is the reason why Republicans are consistently nearly as informed as turtles.
Lol, are we still blaming Bush in 2012?

In your unfailing love, silence my enemies; destroy all my foes, for I am your servant.
Blessed be the LORD my strength, who teaches my hands for war, and my fingers to fight.
Quote:
To be fair he is making $$, which I can't fault him for. If cheating gets you real money, go for it. Real money > pixels.
Old 10-03-2012, 12:01 AM
Banned

Last edited by dredge; 12-12-2012 at 09:41 PM..
Old 10-03-2012, 12:20 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by dredge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i actually clicked that link and read it then clicked on the link to the ambassador Stevens story about being gay and read it and now that site has no credibility to me. Not that he shouldn't be allowed in the debate but god the stories on that site are some crazy shit.
Old 10-03-2012, 12:36 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol, are we still blaming Bush in 2012?
Only for the bad stuff. If something good happened post-2008 praise to Obama, if something bad happened he inherited it from Bush. This is common sense by now.

Also I genuinely feel sorry for you if you are wasting time watching a presidential debate, there are much better ways to waste time. *SPOILER ALERT* Obama and Romney are the same thing, sorry if that ruined the next four weeks of suspense for you. But you can start calling it Obamney, that's a fun word combo right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenjitsuRZ View Post
Multiplication is used at all levels.
Old 10-03-2012, 01:08 AM
Sarnak

2 masks 1 face

Quote:
Closed Thread