Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Old 12-18-2022, 03:20 AM
Sarnak

Default Is Blue 3.0 a thing or not?

Past few months I have been hearing rumors and other shit along those lines. The reason I am asking/making thread is weather or not to beg like a little bitch or start over
Old 12-18-2022, 09:08 PM
Planar Protector

So ive been around for a long time and have kept up with the news for the most part, but it works like this:

We had the Blue server and Red servers as PvE and PvP until 2019. For a year before that the buildup for a green server that would launch that would follow the precise timeline was coming, and it eventually did. You can read how its supposed to work here:

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=333743

That said, the original plan was that they would run a seasonal system like in a lot of seasonal systems in games like Diablo/Path of Exile where the timeline goes ahead, and at the end of a time constant, it would cycle into the off season server, and a fresh season server would open. However, a lot of folks are for or opposed to this idea, and further updates from staff have put it into the air on how they will do that.

The patch timeline on green as of today late 2022 is that all patches are introduced, and now we are in a finished Velious, just like the Blue server. Originally, they said in that post that the green server would end no earlier then January 2023, which is coming soon, however they merely said it wouldn't end earlier then that, it may end far later.

So the question you have, if I understand it, is if its known when the next season starts of the original timeline, and the answer officially right now is that it isn't known, and anyone who says they know is likely fooling with you.

Many players think a neat idea would be to launch the next season on the same exact day that live EQ launched, making it a really perfect day to day timeline with the original game. If that were the case, it would be march.
Old 12-18-2022, 11:12 PM
Sarnak

Luclin?
Old 12-19-2022, 05:55 AM
Large Rat

^ Blasphemer!
Old 12-19-2022, 09:40 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Many players think a neat idea would be to launch the next season on the same exact day that live EQ launched, making it a really perfect day to day timeline with the original game. If that were the case, it would be march.
Seasons do seem to affect people's play patterns, so it would be interesting to see the classic start date being used!

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 12-19-2022, 10:02 AM
Planar Protector

Rolling servers I say:

Server A classic launches and follows timeline til Kunark releases.
Server B classic launches once A goes into Kunark.
Server C classic launches once B goes into Kunark and A goes into Velious.
Server A timeline ends, merges into blue.
Server B goes into Velious, C into Kunark, new A starts in classic.. rinse and repeat.
Old 12-19-2022, 11:34 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuanahto [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Past few months I have been hearing rumors and other shit along those lines. The reason I am asking/making thread is weather or not to beg like a little bitch or start over
There hasn't been any direct communication from the top in awhile. More subtly, they clearly plan something at some future point because they continue implementing timeline-related changes that are irrelevant to the mature late-Velious era all current P99 servers are at.

I knew people who had joined P99 around 2012-2014 planning for Green who leveled up, did everything they set out to do, and drifted away all before Green ever launched. Enjoy the present, make new plans later on if more information comes out. That being said, I do not necessarily expect it to be a ten year wait this time.

Danth
Old 12-19-2022, 01:45 PM
Banned

if next new server (Green OR Red) launch isn't March 2023, then it's not happening
Old 12-20-2022, 03:12 AM
Kobold

Roll up a new Iksar on Green if you feel like you're in limbo waiting for a server launch. You won't be spoiling a new launch as Kunark is over a year away at this point. It's worked for me.
Old 12-25-2022, 01:26 PM
Sarnak

Whatever they decide to do, hopefully they are clear with the next green server where their characters are going so they know from day 1 and cannot complain. I always thought green was going to blue and that was common knowledge but apparently people were against that. Old servers merged new servers roll out, makes sense to me.

I am happy with new or old, don't care just enjoy the game. May try a new green though as I was on a break last launch until Velious.