Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2011, 03:53 AM
Fire Giant

Default what most of you will not understand

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQPCvGSzsbE

"so there you fucking go"
Old 03-12-2011, 04:05 AM
Planar Protector

The death penalty needs to have an expanded scope.
Old 03-12-2011, 04:29 AM
Fire Giant

I got like 30 seconds in before losing interest. All I took away from it was that she doesn't want to get raped and beat up by some rando.
Old 03-12-2011, 05:47 AM
Aviak

Ehhhh too paranoid and still victimizing for me. Much more my style...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEj-M...eature=related
Old 03-12-2011, 06:05 AM
Orc

cool
Old 03-12-2011, 06:20 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rilkean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ehhhh too paranoid and still victimizing for me. Much more my style...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEj-M...eature=related
seconded, although something about lydia has always been a little offputting. her logic is too reactionary, i dunno.

..just finished that vid, worst I've ever seen of her. she's more than a little reactionary, she just mad.

ps GG GG BABY BABY BABY
Last edited by deathgirl; 03-12-2011 at 06:34 AM..
Old 03-12-2011, 09:31 AM
Banned

If I were a woman, I would carry.
Old 03-12-2011, 10:19 AM
Fire Giant

black dude in the back is not amused.
Old 03-12-2011, 11:42 AM
Fire Giant

Being male, I will concede that I don't see the world through a woman's eyes.
However... that lady makes me shake my head in pity.
How on earth does someone with that much misandry even function?
I don't think it's naive to call bullshit when she says she goes through life with the knowledge that 'at any moment she could be raped'.
Yes, there are some bad people out there that do fucked up things, but I'm almost positive that a_random_guy01 that passes you on the street isn't stalking you on the tiny chance he can drag you into the bushes and cut you into tiny pieces.
@Melissa Carter:
Stop watching so much NCIS and Law and Order: SVU.
This kind of fear-mongering benefits no one.
Old 03-12-2011, 01:18 PM
Fire Giant

The Lydia video was interesting, clearly she's pissed off at the world and rightfully so, I guess. A lot of her points I agree with but what she said about childhood abuse was a little fucked up.

What I got out of the video I posted was towards the end - which makes it a little disheartening, but no surprise, that Loke didn't watch to the end because it was too boring. What you will never understand is this: if I have to get gas when I get off of work at midnight, I pick up my boyfriend to come to the gas station with me. I refuse to take night classes because I'm too scared to walk through a parking lot at night. Even walking from my driveway to my house makes me a little nervous sometimes (granted, I realize completely that this is unreasonable) because sexual predators are everywhere.

Now I can go online and look up sex offenders and I notice two in paticular: a man who was convicted of child molestation and a man that was convicted of rape, and the fact that they now live just a couple miles from my house. A girl that went to my high school a while back was raped in her own home. So yeah, a_random_guy01 might just be a sexual predator. I realize it's silly to go through life afraid, but like it was said in the first video, men will never understand. God forbid you have a mother, wife, fiance, girlfriend, sister, cousin, daughter even that will ever be a victim of sexual assault but that is really the closest you will ever come to beginning to understand what it's like to walk down the street and know that it could affect your life. As unlikely as it is - it could happen.

I really just posted it cause I thought it was interesting. Thought someone else might find it interesting as well.

"If someone could do this to her, it could happen to me. Don't you get that? But wait, you're a guy. You have nothing to worry about. Serial killers rarely kill grown men. So there you fucking go...with your six feet of height and your dick between your legs, you don't have nothing to worry about. Except for me, you should be worried about me...because the reality is literally at any point I could be raped."