Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2014, 01:21 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derubael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is what I figured, but I wasn't sure if some guilds got more than others. I know there's stipulations for guilds giving up mobs they won't be able to get to during their window, but wasn't sure how often that actually happened in practice. Even so, how many mobs does each Class-R get each month? It can't be more than 2 or 3. It seems like the ~8 that you would pickup would be worth it, even if you were horribly unlucky with class assignments on mobs. I'm pretty sure if someone works out the probability on this that guild would walk away with at least twice as many "priority spawns" and four times as many of everything else when averaged over x months. And I can see a large, organized guild like BDA or Taken having absolutely no problem downing 2 mobs each repop before TMO can hit VP.

More action for your guild, more pixels, more hate (for being class C). Seems like it would at least be worth a try, which is why I'm surprised it hasn't been attempted. I can understand not wanting to deal with TMO/IB, but really, neither of these hyper-competitive guilds is going to step foot outside VP until everything is dead. I can maybe see them forging some kind of agreement to leave VP up while they prevent the Class C spawns from being stolen, but it would only be a matter of time before one guild decided PD was more important than CT, and then that agreement would be out the window forever.

In regards to individual requests, I could reference quite a few that regularly come to the staff (even now) asking for clarification on various raid rules. While it doesn't happen quite as often as it used to, it's still a relatively common occurrence. The one that really stands out in recent memory, and illustrates the point well, was an incident between MC and Asgard. I believe this was more or less smoothed out (I was told it made it to the Class R forums, but I could be wrong), but by all accounts it was absolutely an error caused by a lack of understanding of a rule that we all assume everyone gets right away. That's the most pertinent example I can think of that happened recently, but it's far from the only one.

I think that the Class system itself is relatively easy to grasp, and is a necessity that isn't going anywhere anyway, but I really would like to see more simplified rules across the board (I'm the one that inevitably has to write them down somewhere, I swear this doesn't factor into wanting less rules!). As a quick example, we put the anti=poopsock rules in to end the sock and try to make it easier for non-zergcamp guilds to stand against the TMO's and IB's. Thus far, it's failed in every respect, and IMO is just a rule for the sake of being a rule (always a bad thing). Not only has it made no impact in guilds desire to compete, it hasn't done a single thing to curb socking - it's just moved the sock. Now instead of having a party in the VS pit every week, everyone shits up the entrance to KC. The drolvargs up front are literally swimming in your guys' excrement because we've ran out of places to put the socks.

That's just one example of a rule that, if changed/removed, would make things more simple to understand overall. Even within that seemingly simple rule there are 12 different setup locations for 12 different mobs - and damnit, you had better have read that before you go for your first target, because we all know what will happen if you haven't. I like to think that you guys get to every raid capable guild before they make their first attempt at a mob, but the reality is that it's just not possible, and shouldn't be necessary, in order for people to understand all the rules and their accompanying nuances.

That's just my thoughts - I'm all about letting you guys dictate your own direction for the raid scene lately, so I'll likely go with whatever the majority decides, but I really think some consideration needs to be taken with the ruleset as a whole. Also, spread out those spawns!

As a side note, I figured everyone would realize Seattle is on MNF tonight and skip over this pre-game blitz rant (I'm only half kidding, my previous post got way out of hand).

Mob spawns really need to be spaced out raiding weekends only is getting pretty boring. Something needs to be done to stop poop socking

Team Tripod

I'd rather be fishing
Old 10-07-2014, 05:09 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derubael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
but if there's one thing TMO and IB love more than denying pixels to filthy casuals
You're the only one denying anyone of anything. Nobody was preventing smaller guilds from competing for raid mobs.

The staff on the other hand has set limitations to what we can do as players and when we can do it.
Old 10-07-2014, 06:34 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visual [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're the only one denying anyone of anything. Nobody was preventing smaller guilds from competing for raid mobs.

The staff on the other hand has set limitations to what we can do as players and when we can do it.
Mew mew mew I can't kill EVERY SINGLE DRAGON that spawns. Class C's finest y'all
Originally Posted by Hollywood Hogan
The first thing you gotta' realize, brother, is this right here is the future of wrestling. You can call this the New World Order of Wrestling.
Old 10-07-2014, 06:43 AM
Sarnak

There's a whole lot of mad in this thread!
Old 10-07-2014, 07:06 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenalpow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Im so mad that I'm nice to class r only and won't work with class c. Even tho I'm online more than most of them it's not my play style
Oh really! That explains it! You're just mad to be mad.
Old 10-07-2014, 07:41 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Servellious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mob spawns really need to be spaced out raiding weekends only is getting pretty boring. Something needs to be done to stop poop socking
Yeah spreading the spawns out would be nice-super tired of missing every spawn b/c I did stuff over the weekend. Timer extensions did a great job stopping socking before, it could work again. It would halt some socking, although I imagine VS, PD etc will still have a slew of players waiting. It would also let the timers spread out over a month or so of pops.
Old 10-07-2014, 07:57 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visual [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

That one should sting. Truth hurts.

Lol at chest's 8th grade comeback on that too. He mad. Thx for luls.
Old 10-07-2014, 08:43 AM
Planar Protector

50 warrior LF guild PST
Old 10-07-2014, 09:29 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirled [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
50 warrior LF guild PST
Best post in this thread
Old 10-07-2014, 09:32 AM
Banned

How I envision the P99 blue raid scene.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Also thread less boring now [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread