Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2014, 11:15 AM
Banned

Exclamation no mage tracking (serious blue raid discussion)

Simple question --

Who is actually FOR allowing Mage CoTH Tracking... and why?

I've spoken to quite a few guilds, and even TMO / IB seem like they hate Mage CoTH Tracking (They don't even allow it in Class C).

Sev: Bard can be IN ZONE @ TT zoneline or out of zone in FoB ?
Fay: Bard can be on Ogre Island, feet on dry land ?
Talendor: Bard can be at the tunnel exit by the OT zoneline ?
Gore: Not really an issue ?
Trak: Mage Tracking allowed for obvious reasons ?

It seems to me the only reason we are doing this is because "the other guy" is doing it. So as long as 1 guild is FOR allowing Mage CoTH Tracking .. we all have to do it.

So -- why are we still doing this? Who likes it?

Since no one wants to discuss the issue publicly (have received a lot of PMs and in-game talk), I'll just continue to discuss with myself.

"Policing" seems to be the only concern with No-Mage-Tracking and leaving it up to a bard race. It's impossible to police 50 people when the mob spawns to see if Player_A was halfway thru EJ when Sev popped.

I've thought about it, discussed with a bunch of people, and can't come up with any solution out-of-the-box. It's impossible to do so without GM assistance and coding changes.

Spoken with a few people and they like this concept if the developers/GMs have some time. My solution, insert some new code after a mob spawn that gets:
1) Player name
2) Player guild
3) Location of player
in zone at the time of spawn (People not in zone are fine, unless they are camped, which is already illegal)

Export this data to a .csv and make it public. Let the players, not the GMs, do the research.

Any guild outside the allowed boundaries receives a 1 month ban. Even .1 pixel outside the boundary.

Boundaries for each zone/mob can be established later by players if this idea gains any momentum.

Mages tracking is not the problem

its asking the mages to duck cast for 16 hours is a problem.....

your own posts expose why having a 'Bard race' also poses problems...I get TMO/IB want to raid everything just like they do in VP but those races with 15-20 taggers rushing to a statically spawned dragon is also pretty dumb.

one good thing that mage tracking does is it practically polices itself and most anyone can do it/even playing field

the only really dumb part that I think most guilds can agree not to do is duck cast

but to each his own...
Old 09-23-2014, 12:18 PM
Banned

We ran a bard up in vp with sow not using bard speed and IB didn't like that and threatens to just coth duck now ... When to my knowledge bard speed isn't to be used along with cheetah/ scale. Now they saying bards are not allowed at all when we've used them before. Mind you this is vp. I'm just showing how people interpret rules then bend/stretch to how ever they feel fits.

Smh

The real solution is just to go with honor FTE and class system, null all rules other than that. But my minds been blown before, one time GM's said they we're gonna shorten windows, then added an extended variance lol. Also they ninja added it so no one knew why mobs we're not popping. I won't forget that trak haha. Dretti I'm with ya that the only sensible thing is to agree, but we all know how that works out especially when one side feels slighted in the least bit.
Old 09-23-2014, 12:21 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 59 Shaman
Lemonspoon Icebeaner - 52 Enchanter
Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 60 Enchanter
Old 09-23-2014, 04:15 PM
Banned

Old 09-23-2014, 10:15 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via ICQ to Uuruk Send a message via AIM to Uuruk Send a message via MSN to Uuruk Send a message via Yahoo to Uuruk

Y all bunch of faggots.
Old 09-24-2014, 08:15 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uuruk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Y all bunch of faggots.
For the Anal sex. Duh

Tanrin,Rinat,Sprucewaynee
Old 09-24-2014, 10:15 AM
Banned

Exclamation

Proposed: New OOA Non-aggression agreement
Terms:

Guilds herein are bound to:
Not kill the Overseer of Air or Hand of Veeshan under any circumstances.
Treat Noble Dojorn, Overseer of Air, and Hand of Veeshan as raid mobs (i.e. hands off during raid suspensions)

Discipline:

If the terms of this agreement are broken by a guild that has agreed to be bound by its terms, after this agreement has been officially ratified, said guild will be subjected to the following discipline:
Suspension from Plane of Sky (this includes the Efreeti cycle) for 1 week per each infraction. (i.e. Killing two Overseers of Air or one Overseer of Air and one Hand of Veeshan yields a two week sky suspension, killing one Overseer of Air yields a one week sky suspension, etc.)

Ratification:

This agreement will be officially enacted once all guilds who currently have a sky slot agree and sign here.

Dissolution:

This agreement will be officially dissolved if a guild outside of this agreement kills an Oversee of Air.
Old 09-24-2014, 11:31 AM
Banned

I'm not agreeing to any of that without my lawyer present Retti
Old 09-24-2014, 11:52 AM
Banned

Old 09-24-2014, 01:26 PM
Planar Protector

Retti official young lawyer status.
Closed Thread