Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2010, 06:12 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Default Server Return

We are aiming to have the server online by April 16th. This is provided all goes as planned with the server arriving and being racked and setup in our new data center without any issues. Date subject to change.

Update 1, April 12th
We're still on track to be up Friday, again as long as everything goes as planned with the setup and configuration of the server at the data center.

Additionally, we will be having a bonus XP week for 1 Week after the server comes back up. All exp gained from kills will be increased 25%.

Update 2, April 14th
Due to the data center being out of stock on equipment needed to rack the server, the server may not be up on Friday. It's about a 50/50 chance the server will even be up on Friday, at which point I doubt it will be in the configuration I need it to be for the network setup which will require additional coordination with the data center. At this point, it is a best case scenario is it will be up by Midnight Friday, but more likely Monday or Tuesday.

Update 3
Data center said the server will be up by the end of their business day with all the configurations I need, so if this is the case, the server will be up sometime tonight.

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Last edited by Rogean; 04-16-2010 at 03:05 PM..
Old 04-09-2010, 06:13 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We are aiming to have the server online by April 16th. This is provided all goes as planned with the server arriving and being racked and setup in our new data center without any issues. Date subject to change.
Good News!

Too bad ill be watching Kick-Ass that night [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-09-2010, 06:13 PM
Sarnak

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] can't wait.. great job guys [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-09-2010, 06:14 PM
Sarnak

As celebration you are putting Guise masks back in the game for a week, right? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-09-2010, 06:16 PM
Large Bat

Default Score!

Not as early as we had hoped, but it's nice to see an actual target date!

This whole thing only really punishes the players that enjoy the server, not the person running it. You should probably thank the attacker for giving you a week off from watching the server and also increasing the donations to the server.

He's done more good than harm to the person he was trying to "get at." Aint that how life works though?
Old 04-09-2010, 06:21 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Isphet, while partially true, we set out to run a server for people to enjoy, and to see that server in this condition, with everyone upset (even if not upset at us) still provides for a stressed environment :P

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Old 04-09-2010, 06:30 PM
Aviak

Thanks for throwing us all an ETA-shaped bone -- now I've got about a week to inform old EQ friends about the server.

Why didn't I do that earlier? Umm.... so I was playing this game....
Old 04-09-2010, 06:38 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Yay! Ive been working on getting more people to join in. Ive got 4 co-workers that are ready to join up when it comes in. Great work dude!
Old 04-09-2010, 06:38 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
me lub u long time!!!

[50 Warrior] Rumzuck Umbatsch (Ogre) <Remedy>
[34 Druid] Vito Corleone (Wood Elf) <Europa>
[35 Necromancer] Torak (Dark Elf) <Europa>
[13 Shadow Knight] Rumzerg (Dark Elf) <Europa>

EQEmuLauncher
Have your files up to date, switch between servers nice and easy, and more!
http://moestaverne.com/

Old 04-09-2010, 06:41 PM
Fire Giant

Great fucking news! Server being down has pretty much just given me more time to sleep, both which are great things.
Closed Thread