Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2013, 02:36 PM
Fire Giant

Default Starting my Cleric Epic

Just a few questions I had as this is one of the few Epics I see often.

I will have 0 of the steps MQ'd, so what's a good level to start it if I have intentions of solo'ing what can be done solo?

Am I going to need level 55+'s for all of the fights? Which fights are worse (save SolB, that's the only step I've done Live for our guilds clerics back then) than others? And how many people will I need for which fights, if you could recommend a #?

On "paper" the walkthrough for it on assorted sites makes the quest seem not so bad, are there any tips / helpful advice you could offer on "things" I should know going in?

Thanks in advance pals, I was a necro on Live (on TZ) so doing my epic was a laughable thought when I played during classic. This will be the first epic I ever do in EQ and it's pretty exciting, few things excite me about P99 these days
Old 06-02-2013, 03:44 PM
Aviak

Free bump as I will need to start this quest myself soon.
Old 06-02-2013, 04:11 PM
Sarnak

Lord Bergurgle's Crown Part

I recall when I did this in my low 50's (pre-green agro) There were aqua goblins that are still light blue and were able tear my ass up alot en-mass. It is best to duo this whole part with a necro. He would be able to solo the whole camp really, have EB, and deal with natasha in lake rathe.

Plasmatic Priest Part

You just need a skilled High dps and some stuns to kill him, I can't even recall if a defensive tank is needed. Get some sow/jboots, and plan out and practice the route you will take to pull the priest to the zone line. There a lot of narrow passages and doors to go through.

Lord Gimblox part

Get sow, and invisiablity. Run real fast to the spawn point, only stop when something sees you and kill it. Green agro train is terrible death. I've come close a few times to dying to a lot of goblins backstabbing me. It might take a few runs to get to camp good and safe.

Ixiblat Fer

Legitimate raid needed. Dependent of the skill level of the players that you can find.

Overking Bathezid

A skilled raid force needed. This is significantly harder than Ixiblat. People not paying attention will kill you a lot on this. Positioning is key.

Ragefire

You need ~I think~ at least a level 14 ranger to track inside solb from the safe ledge. This battle is easier than Ixiblat. The raid force however you will need must be ready, available, and engaging within like 15 min of spawning (if you are lucky). This guy is routinely farmed and is the longest part of the quest.
Old 06-02-2013, 04:18 PM
Planar Protector

And YOU: friendless, brainless, helpless, hopeless! Do you want me to send you back to where you were? Unemployed, in Greenland?
Old 06-02-2013, 04:33 PM
Sarnak

Why you being so mean jeremy?
Stahp it
Old 06-02-2013, 04:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by quido [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And YOU: friendless, brainless, helpless, hopeless! Do you want me to send you back to where you were? Unemployed, in Greenland?
The Princess Bride ftw
Old 06-03-2013, 01:49 PM
Sarnak

You can do bergurgle solo at 60, or with a partner earlier.
Gimblox is level 30? ish, get an invis clicky and sit on his spawn, if you sit in the right spot you wont agro anything else and can just mindlessly kill his ph for hours.

The rest of it you need a guild or outside help for.

I did bergurgle at lvl 52 with a bard and solo camped gimblox. Gimblox took about 15-16 hours of camping, I think i did 7 hours then went to raid followed by another 8 hours iirc, apparently I was just unlucky. Bergurgle was similar, except it required a partner which sucks because you have to convince someone to spend hours on end camping your mob for you =P; I think i got him in about 5-6 hours due to a server repop leaving him sitting there spawned when i got back in.
Old 06-03-2013, 02:28 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArumTP [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lord Bergurgle's Crown Part

I recall when I did this in my low 50's (pre-green agro) There were aqua goblins that are still light blue and were able tear my ass up alot en-mass. It is best to duo this whole part with a necro. He would be able to solo the whole camp really, have EB, and deal with natasha in lake rathe.

Plasmatic Priest Part

You just need a skilled High dps and some stuns to kill him, I can't even recall if a defensive tank is needed. Get some sow/jboots, and plan out and practice the route you will take to pull the priest to the zone line. There a lot of narrow passages and doors to go through.

Lord Gimblox part

Get sow, and invisiablity. Run real fast to the spawn point, only stop when something sees you and kill it. Green agro train is terrible death. I've come close a few times to dying to a lot of goblins backstabbing me. It might take a few runs to get to camp good and safe.

Ixiblat Fer

Legitimate raid needed. Dependent of the skill level of the players that you can find.

Overking Bathezid

A skilled raid force needed. This is significantly harder than Ixiblat. People not paying attention will kill you a lot on this. Positioning is key.

Ragefire

You need ~I think~ at least a level 14 ranger to track inside solb from the safe ledge. This battle is easier than Ixiblat. The raid force however you will need must be ready, available, and engaging within like 15 min of spawning (if you are lucky). This guy is routinely farmed and is the longest part of the quest.
Exactly what I was lookin for, thanks a bunch Arum. Think you rez'd some of us in Kc last night also, so a double thanks to you pal
Old 06-03-2013, 02:32 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCry0x [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can do bergurgle solo at 60, or with a partner earlier.
Gimblox is level 30? ish, get an invis clicky and sit on his spawn, if you sit in the right spot you wont agro anything else and can just mindlessly kill his ph for hours.

The rest of it you need a guild or outside help for.

I did bergurgle at lvl 52 with a bard and solo camped gimblox. Gimblox took about 15-16 hours of camping, I think i did 7 hours then went to raid followed by another 8 hours iirc, apparently I was just unlucky. Bergurgle was similar, except it required a partner which sucks because you have to convince someone to spend hours on end camping your mob for you =P; I think i got him in about 5-6 hours due to a server repop leaving him sitting there spawned when i got back in.
Kinda where I'm at, don't know which poor bastard to ask to help me with 1 or 2 spawns for 20+ game hours if spawns are being lame
Old 06-03-2013, 02:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArumTP [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Plasmatic Priest Part

I had a 52 monk tank it, a 60 druid heal it, and my 60 wizard dropped a few nukes. Was easy.

The epic is a nice weapon but doesn't click until lvl 50. At that level the cleric can take active an active roll in all parts of the quest.
Closed Thread