Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2011, 05:56 PM
Kobold

Cool

Hey thanks again for the port Tarnot. You saved me two hours and a very nerve-racking run through the overthere [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I was about to take off when you messaged me.
Old 05-19-2011, 06:09 PM
Planar Protector

If anyone is out of the way and needs a port over to Greater Faydark do not hesitate to send a tell to Tarnot. At about 6:45/7:00 though he will be shuttling from the more populated area of EC to Greater Faydark more exclusively. Then at about 08:15/08:30 he will be joining in the fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenjitsuRZ View Post
Multiplication is used at all levels.
Old 05-19-2011, 07:05 PM
Planar Protector

We have quite a party already showing up. Plenty of time to log on and make your way over still!

Quote:
Old 05-19-2011, 07:13 PM
Orc

Don't forget to contact me for free transport to the event!
Old 05-19-2011, 11:27 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

It was awesome to see so many people in the Greater Faydark for this event! I took a ton of screen shots to show my friends who aren't playing here... yet!
Old 05-19-2011, 11:33 PM
Skeleton

Nice event - Especially in the beginning when all were well behaved - oh there were a few loudmouths being obnoxious, but all in all a good crowd. Thanks to Kraft for keeping everything orderly till the end when a few malcontents had to try to ruin it.

Only thing I would have done differently is to break up the prizes more so more people had a chance to get something. I know that even a 500 plat prize would have made a massive difference in my life - obviously 2500 or 5k is nice - but walking away with no prize at all was not so great - the things that were bulked together as 3 and 4 piece kits - any true new person would have been happy with just one thing out of the batch.
Old 05-19-2011, 11:55 PM
Planar Protector

I just wanted to say that this event went better than I could have ever hoped for. The list of people I'd love to thank is entirely too long (The event saw approximately 180 people show up and boy was I not prepared for that!) But we did it! Specifically I want to thank the below people:

Adrastea and Tigranis - You helped me spread the word. Hand out beer, Organize people, Set up duels. I'm missing so much, but the point is that if you both hadn't helped me this just plain would not have happened. I was not expecting nearly 200 people and was almost overwhelmed. But with your help we made this happen!

Tarnot - The most professional porter around, he took people all over the place!
Mustaza - Your donation of 5000p made everyone's day to have more great prizes!
Woodelfw - Your donations of dozens of items really helped make this great, I'm glad someone else shares my spirit in this game =)

And a special shout out to a young Druid Renzotama who just joined the server yesterday. He was absolutely amazing. While I had my head down giving out ticket numbers he took the initiative to guide people in the right direction who were asking questions when I couldn't necessarily answer. He helped keep people in ooc when I needed to use shout. All around, awesome guy. If you see Renzotama around, give him a wave or take him in group if he is LFG. You would benefit from being around this guy =)

I will be posting pictures tommorow, dead tired now.

Angrybob - won Black Sapphire Necklace
Iksane - won 5000pp (great guy just joined server and died 4 times during the event haha)
Ulivara - won the FBCR and put it on immediately =)
Doum - won a nice Reed Belt

I'm forgetting tons of winners, but we all had such a killer time! Thanks to everyone for making it happen.

PS - Funniest part of the night was the guards being trained immediately after Iksane won the roll for 5000pp. It capped the evening off nicely.

Quote:
Old 05-19-2011, 11:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aangus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Only thing I would have done differently is to break up the prizes more so more people had a chance to get something. I know that even a 500 plat prize would have made a massive difference in my life - obviously 2500 or 5k is nice - but walking away with no prize at all was not so great - the things that were bulked together as 3 and 4 piece kits - any true new person would have been happy with just one thing out of the batch.
Don't worry Aangus, there are lots I would have done differently too =(. This was my first largescale event I held and as the night wore on I felt the pressure of time constraints and general unease in the crowd. I needed to rush the raffles a bit and group items together so we could get to big ticket items and end at reasonable hour. Of the approximately 160-170+ who showed up, ~53 won prizes. I'm very happy with those numbers. I've learned a lot for next time though!

Quote:
Old 05-19-2011, 11:58 PM
Planar Protector

Rage collage of ooc tells and guard training should be up tomorrow.

I didn't train guards but I did tell some people to do it, dunno if they actually were the ones who did.
Old 05-20-2011, 12:01 AM
Kobold

I had a great time. Thanks to Kraftwerk, Adrastea for organizing this and everyone who donated.

The duels were interesting [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Too bad most duels just take too long for a event like this. I was waiting to get slaughtered by phiffen (25 rogue), but my number didn't get called. Maybe next time.

I could have did without the guard train at the end though, but I was kind of expecting that. Wish I would have remembered to stay feigned towards the end of the event.

I was surprised at how organized people were in the line. Can't say I've really seen that in a game before.

I did win an obsidian shard (lucky 37) thanks for that!

All in all a fun time and a unique event rarely seen in games anymore if ever. Stuff like this is the reason I play an 12 year old game. Maybe when I reach a higher level i'll be able to donate some stuff myself.
Last edited by Numbers_; 05-20-2011 at 12:03 AM..
Closed Thread