Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2015, 09:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by robisatsea [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do guilds work together on some raids? It just seems like raiding would be much more fun than bumping around Crushbone on some alt, even if you know your not getting any loot.
Read this thread's page 2 carefully for a better answer to your question. Particularly this eloquent reply from the leadership of the server's largest guild:

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenalpow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you were never shit in bda, you reguarly didn't show up to raids because you'd rather sit in lguk farming fbss and whining about your chrohns or some shit, then you latched onto TMO's teet and are still a non-factor
No. No we don't work together.
Old 01-07-2015, 09:29 PM
Planar Protector

it's less about working together and more about absorbing smaller guilds to keep the machine fed. I know TMO has been struggling lately but snuggling up to AG and asking them to raid beta with you or trying to push a-team into joint sky raids which is basically like going through a time share presentation is a reach

you're running out of hardcore neckbeards bro
Originally Posted by Hollywood Hogan
The first thing you gotta' realize, brother, is this right here is the future of wrestling. You can call this the New World Order of Wrestling.
Old 01-07-2015, 09:30 PM
Kobold

What a wonderful thread!

For what it is worth, we were a bunch of players who planned to play on PEQ/EQClassic (lol) and started here in 2009. The 4 guys who started BDA over there were from Cazic Thule where Bregan D'Aerth was active 1999-early 2000's. I started the guild up here, and ran it with Sadad (the gimp paladin which was mentioned) and a few others for a long while. And as a matter of fact, we did raid Runneyeye! It was super fun, since most people were 15-30ish.

Also, if you can't get loot for yourself to the detriment of all your "friends" that you play with, why would anyone ever be an officer?
Old 01-07-2015, 09:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by August [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thank god being a non-factor here doesn't correlate to my lot in life outside a game.
I am a non-factor in game AND in real life, so suck itttttttttt

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 01-07-2015, 09:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanluen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What a wonderful thread!

For what it is worth, we were a bunch of players who planned to play on PEQ/EQClassic (lol) and started here in 2009.
You sure did. Screenshot from day 2 or 3ish of P1999:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 437y432yhb.JPG (70.3 KB, 35 views)
Old 01-07-2015, 09:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanluen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also, if you can't get loot for yourself to the detriment of all your "friends" that you play with, why would anyone ever be an officer?
So are you saying here the officers inherently deserve the loot more? I honestly don't feel like picking a fight, but loot distribution has always been serious weak point in your guild. Refering to your membership as "friends" kinda rubs me the wrong way, even if that's a perfectly adequate description of e-pals.
Last edited by Cecily; 01-07-2015 at 09:46 PM..
Old 01-07-2015, 09:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So are you saying here the officers inherently deserve the loot more? I honestly don't feel like picking a fight, but loot distribution has always been serious weak point in your guild. Refering to your membership as "friends" kinda rubs me the wrong way, even if that's a perfectly adequate description of e-pals.
i think he was being obviously facetious
Originally Posted by Hollywood Hogan
The first thing you gotta' realize, brother, is this right here is the future of wrestling. You can call this the New World Order of Wrestling.
Old 01-07-2015, 09:57 PM
Planar Protector

With my history in BDA, it doesn't seem like too far of a stretch. But if he is, fine. Good.
Old 01-07-2015, 10:02 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by indiscriminate_hater [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
IN menzoberranzan

go wash out your mouth
I just became a fan of this guy.
Old 01-07-2015, 11:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by sox7d [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bregan D'Aerthe The founder was literally an extremely annoying 15 year old halfling druid that tried to get a bunch of lvl 20-40s to raid Runnyeye and iirc he was lvl 35 for fucking ever. There was a half-elf paladin and a wizard (sanluen, I believe) I was friends with and we'd would make fun of him all the time, but he would just take it since we were 40+ which was high at the time. The paladin and I came close to quitting together, I did and he ended up saying he'd stick it out for a little longer. I took a year or so off P99 and came back to see he was leader and fucking decked out, I don't remember his name, but I think it vaguely sounded like Sanluen coincidentally.
shit's classic