Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2010, 10:52 AM
Planar Protector

see it this way folks, its an accomplishment to hit 50 as a hybrid now! especialy since the server has been wiped and everyone restarted fresh...

....oh, wait...
Old 07-04-2010, 11:15 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
see it this way folks, its an accomplishment to hit 50 as a hybrid now! especialy since the server has been wiped and everyone restarted fresh...

....oh, wait...
Keep in mind that it is now easier to level a hybrid to 50 than before, provided the hybrid is grouped.

Unfortunately, the 'experience stealing' aspect of this recent change will make inviting a hybrid to a group less desirable.

I leveled my Paladin to 50 in the first couple of months of the server being opened, and tackled the penalty myself by putting in the additional required time (mostly duoing with a bard). When I chose to play a Paladin, I understood that more leveling time would be required. However, by making a hybrid in the present post-patch day, one can mitigate the penalty by joining large groups...by sucking experience points.

This is hardly the same kind of sacrifice that one chooses to make if they were to take on the experience penalty by themselves (which is disappointing).
Old 07-04-2010, 11:25 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datante [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Keep in mind that it is now easier to level a hybrid to 50 than before, provided the hybrid is grouped.
ok, valid point. but, what about those soloing classes decked out with 5-10x the mana/health at lvl 1 soloing up their way to 50 in a fraction of the time they used to lvl up half year ago?
Old 07-04-2010, 11:43 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ok, valid point. but, what about those soloing classes decked out with 5-10x the mana/health at lvl 1 soloing up their way to 50 in a fraction of the time they used to lvl up half year ago?
Yep, I think that is unfortunate too, mitic--alt twinking will always be a problem on aging servers (especially with the aging process amplified on P99 where most of the population can zip through content). Though some might argue that twinking keeps the economy turning, by actively pulling platinum and items out of circulation when the twinks are retired (players quit entirely or simply get bored of a particular alt).
Old 07-04-2010, 11:52 AM
Planar Protector

so while other classes can exp even faster than before, hybrids have been nerfed on exp AND arent willingly accepted in groups as they where before

just for the sake of being classic...
Old 07-04-2010, 12:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
just for the sake of being classic...
It's not classic when in 2010 we know about the hybrid XP being shared across the group retrospectively and people are making grouping decisions based on it.

This is a detrimental change to the server and does not encourage growth. It alienates the hybrids. Would be different if hybrids could effectively solo, but we're not necros/druids/enchanters/mages.

Classic was about creating and establishing an in-game community. The devs made that stronger by removing the global ooc/auc channels. Now you actually have to create and maintain relationships with people you meet, send /tells to people LFG, congregate in the EC tunnel to buy/sell... that's what made classic great. So why rip off that band-aid only to put in something that weakens the community? People should be encouraged to group. Hell, put in the group XP bonuses too... imagine a world where people are actually seeking out that 5th or 6th person for their group! How can that not make the server community BETTER?

Sony had to fix this after the data came out on the group sharing of penalties. This data has already come out here by virtue of the fact we already knew about it from its revelation back in the day, so technically if you follow that timeline, the groupshare penalty fix must be put in.

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 07-04-2010, 12:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by YendorLootmonkey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People should be encouraged to group. Hell, put in the group XP bonuses too...
what? thought exp bonus on full group is active since start on p99! if not, why even bothering about boxing ?
Old 07-04-2010, 12:26 PM
Kobold

I feel for the hybrids, I'm going to probaly stop leveling my twink ranger thats 41. No reason to push that penalty on a group. Think maybe ill take the 70k in gear and make a rogue since they are worth while.
Old 07-04-2010, 12:31 PM
Skeleton

I would suck up the 40% and group with a pal or preferably a SK. Sure you take less exp in, but its just way easier and faster to kill with a knight tank. Maybe warriors can snap agro better later on, but I know that with most warriors I can use one DoT tops, whereas with a SK I can double dot and use lifetaps generously.
Old 07-04-2010, 12:37 PM
Kobold

I should say bards/sk/pals wont have a problem getting a group still, I wouldn't think.....
Rangers on the other hand, I'm sorry to everyone of you.... My guess is that rangers will most likely be shun'd from groups even more so. Goodbye to the green class. Server went from 35 rangers to 15 I bet.
Closed Thread