Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 03-28-2024, 03:27 PM
Aviak

I think people assume adding luclin to p99 is more or less the same thing as sony turning on the next expansion on a tlp. Big noper on that.
Old 03-28-2024, 03:30 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Well its been 10 years of velious, if you do not adapt and change with the times, the times pass you by. Yes, p99 gets about 1k players on avg between the two servers. But the new people coming in, which isnt many trying to level is near impossible unless you make a solo class. Healers and CC are non exsistant at lower levels which makes content hard. Just because you guys are 60 with all your raiding gear does not make you right. Its not just about you , i look at it as a new player. Even in a Live eq with the TLPs, it gets stale. So much good content not experinced by the good people of Norrath. Bazaar is trash. I agree, hate it, it ruined the market but there are so many good zones and much more content that is good inside Luclin and PoP.
Old 03-28-2024, 03:31 PM
Aviak

Ok well you code it
Old 03-28-2024, 03:32 PM
Decaying Skeleton

In time Project quarm will take over, and p99 will cease to really exist. Id be on Quarm myself if it wasnt for my friends not wanting to be over there because of some of the bugs.
Old 03-28-2024, 03:34 PM
Decaying Skeleton

You could probably release Lucin and just leave the Bazaar out honestly. And act like coding isnt turning into a AI job. Soon most coders will be out of jobs. Nvida is even projecting coding jobs to go obsolete.
Old 03-28-2024, 03:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fumoo112 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In time Project quarm will take over, and p99 will cease to really exist.
doubt it

instanced raids lol
Old 03-28-2024, 03:39 PM
Decaying Skeleton

TLPs have instance raids and they seem to do just fine, just releasing them, and still making Money off of them.
Old 03-28-2024, 03:52 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fumoo112 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
TLPs have instance raids and they seem to do just fine, just releasing them, and still making Money off of them.
Not classic tho
Red99: 60 Ranger / 60 Rogue / 60 Monk / 60 Necro / 55 Wiz / 54 Paladin / 54 Bard / 48 Druid
Old 03-28-2024, 03:57 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Instance raids are just fine, keep open world like TLPs do and then make instance raid encounters, not everyone has 4 days to wait on a spawn, the world is different. People move much faster these days. It is still very possible to have the classic experince with instance raids as well. I get it right, preserve the state of eq when it was the best i get it , im a player from 99. But those times are gone just enjoy it, but just doing velious content gets stale there has to be something else.
Old 03-28-2024, 03:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciderpress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
no luclin sucks.

the bazaar sucks and mooncats suck and the whole goofy space fantasy orgy is terrible and bad and only terrible bad people like it.

custom content would be cool, but requires a massive time investment by volunteer devs. But so does adding luclin.

add the pop zones that make sense lore-wise, velious added mischief and growth, the logical next expansion should have been pop anyway. Just remove pok and tune the encounters not to need any luclin gear to beat, boom done.
open source dalaya and get staff that aren't cuckoo birds