Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Old 09-10-2023, 11:23 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Agreed just pointing out his lack of familiarity with math, consistent torpors equates to a much larger pool of mana to use hence the permanent uptime of pox / bane.

This fight is NOT a marathon fight, its just looks that way with his "efficient" solo'ing techniques

also lol
Ionat is a marathon fight. It has 25k HP and high HP regen in combat. You need multiple DoTs to overcome the HP regen. That's why I am using Epic + Pox + Pet. Ionat can also damage spike you even after being slowed.

It is pretty clear you haven't fought WW Dragons before.
Old 09-10-2023, 11:27 AM
Fire Giant

Your videos speak for themselves, and the mental gymnastics involved for such shoddy workmanship with what you think would be "simple" after 25 years of EQ is funny to say the least.

If you had your torpor up consistently you would never see HP problems, let alone mana.

But cool story though, keep on keepin on lol [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Penish; 09-10-2023 at 11:41 AM..
Old 09-10-2023, 11:30 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're videos speak for themselves, and the mental gymnastics involved for such shoddy workmanship with what you think would be "simple" after 25 years of EQ is funny to say the least.

If you had your torpor up consistently you would never see HP problems, let alone mana.

But cool story though, keep on keepin on lol [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You couldn't even figure out that I had 4 clickie buffs on my first four slots for debuffs. I am not sure why you think badly written insults are going to convince people you have a vastly superior play style.

Thanks for conceding. It is clear you can only provide poorly constructed insults, and nothing else.
Old 09-10-2023, 02:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It depends on what you mean by a "short fight". https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qS3uoIHTu_c - I use Pox + Bane in Chardok because the zone has a 20 minute respawn time, so you want to kill things as fast as possible before repops. Having JBB allows you to kill a bit faster while your DoTs are ticking as well.
I’ve killed a lot of stuff in Chardok, all the normal shaman spawns. Malo/slow/sini/epic/bane. Canni torp and repeat as needed.

I can’t see justifying Pox or ebolt unless c2 and potg. Bane works really quick. Even keeping up with the cycle life of that with torp/canni is difficult. Pox and JBB is ok skipping Bane but otherwise those low duration dots are a PITA to click between.
Old 09-11-2023, 10:24 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I’ve killed a lot of stuff in Chardok, all the normal shaman spawns. Malo/slow/sini/epic/bane. Canni torp and repeat as needed.

I can’t see justifying Pox or ebolt unless c2 and potg. Bane works really quick. Even keeping up with the cycle life of that with torp/canni is difficult. Pox and JBB is ok skipping Bane but otherwise those low duration dots are a PITA to click between.
Hm, I always prio'd pox over bane....and used bane when I had luxury mana or needed something to die quickly due to either impending respawns or some other bullshit.

But its been a while for me.
Old 09-15-2023, 11:20 PM
Fire Giant

There's not that much difference in damage between Bane and Ebolt, and Ebolt actually has a marginally better DPM. More importantly, Malo/sini doesn't reduce disease resist. If the goal is mana efficiency and not finishing the mob as fast as possible, it makes sense to forgo the disease dot. While Pox is slightly more DPM than the poison dots, it's not by much, and it gets resisted far more often. Nobody wants to devote a spell slot, mana and cast time to Insidious Decay. It's hard enough fitting in all the shit you need.
Old 09-15-2023, 11:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatdane [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There's not that much difference in damage between Bane and Ebolt, and Ebolt actually has a marginally better DPM. More importantly, Malo/sini doesn't reduce disease resist. If the goal is mana efficiency and not finishing the mob as fast as possible, it makes sense to forgo the disease dot. While Pox is slightly more DPM than the poison dots, it's not by much, and it gets resisted far more often. Nobody wants to devote a spell slot, mana and cast time to Insidious Decay. It's hard enough fitting in all the shit you need.
The benefit of Pox is it gives you more time between recasts. This is the safer strategy on marathon mobs like Ionat who have high regen and can damage spike you unexpectedly even while slowed. You get more opportunities to Cannibalize/Torpor while waiting for your DoTs to clear. You can always apply a Bane in between if you have the extra mana. With a slowed mob you can sit right after they hit you and you'll have enough time to memorize a spell before they hit you if you need to swap out Insidious Decay.

Spamming Bane is the faster but riskier strategy, unless the mob is already easy. I haven't seen Pox get resisted "far more often" than poison. Poison gets resisted more from my experience. I imagine this is just RNG from both perspectives, unless someone can show some data about mob resists.
Old 09-16-2023, 07:45 PM
Fire Giant

Those are fringe cases, though. I don't imagine that anyone who sees fit to ask if JBB is any good is about to embark on an attempt at a WW dragon. For any ordinary shaman-soloable mob up to and including juggs, the fact that Malo doesn't reduce disease resist makes it necessary to consider whether or not it's worth using Pox at all. By and large, if you're able to kill the mob without using a disease dot, it's better not to. The risk of a resist, or the hassle of including Insidious Decay in your routine, makes it not worth doing in any fight that doesn't require min-maxing every moment of the encounter. Disease dots are not that much more efficient than poison dots, and a resist can fuck you over from the get-go.
Last edited by greatdane; 09-16-2023 at 07:47 PM..
Old 09-16-2023, 08:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatdane [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Those are fringe cases, though. I don't imagine that anyone who sees fit to ask if JBB is any good is about to embark on an attempt at a WW dragon. For any ordinary shaman-soloable mob up to and including juggs, the fact that Malo doesn't reduce disease resist makes it necessary to consider whether or not it's worth using Pox at all. By and large, if you're able to kill the mob without using a disease dot, it's better not to. The risk of a resist, or the hassle of including Insidious Decay in your routine, makes it not worth doing in any fight that doesn't require min-maxing every moment of the encounter. Disease dots are not that much more efficient than poison dots, and a resist can fuck you over from the get-go.
I don't have a problem using Pox without Insidious Decay in most cases. It really doesn't get resisted that often from my experience. I also don't have a problem switching from Insidious Decay back to Bane in between mob swings once it's been slowed. Pox is good. JBB is good. You just need to think about use cases more and try things out.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 09-16-2023 at 08:36 PM..
Old 09-17-2023, 09:49 PM
Planar Protector

The best argument for JBB is it being 1/5th the price of an epic and resellable so from 45-60 it's a tolerable way to grind.

Once you get torp mana is less limited. JBB becomes a green killer like for someone whos painfully slogging through droga or adding to quick kills with a duo/trio after slowing. One click of Bane is a massive chunk of hps for the same cast speed...it's the workhorse of your spells and for most stuff the only damage spell you need on the bar.

The more hps something has the more a double-line debuff and disease makes sense. Hell start meleeing with your scourge mallet too I guess. Just not low hp stuff like in Chardok. On non-rooted stuff where you can sit/swap spells if you are quick, keeping disease on the bar takes up 3 gems. It's also half the kill speed of bane only once fully debuffed.

I guess if I was moving through greens I might pull with it, root, and epic click the epic. That gives the most dot/mana for the least amount of clicks. Overall though it's pretty underwhelming unless killing things in that 25k+ hp range, speculatively as I never have done that.