Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2014, 03:25 PM
Sarnak

Default GM's.. Are you listening?

I have played on this server for years.. on both sides. As a level 60 player my pals and I have very little reason to log in. Here is why:

If I want high end content of any type IE any 7 day timer.. there is one guild to chose from..

If I want remotely winnable PVP then I have to PVP vs half the server or there literally is nobody in range.

Now I want to see this box succeed as much as the next guy. We all want the same thing in the end. In the end it is still just a game... I am not a fan of variance. I think it would just be a way to grief Nihilum and don't support it. I also don't support rotations like we have on blue.. We should have to fight for our mobs.. I am cool with that and I think most of us are.

However we need to find a happy medium. This project is supposed to provide a play experience to ALL PLAYERS. That is why we have a much needed PNP.

The server population has proven time and time again that without intervention they are not capable of providing a fun gameplay experience for EVERYONE. This isn't any one players or Nihilum/RD/Azraels server.. it's everyones..

There will always be a power guild, but even FOH, Afterlife, etc.. all had to actually compete. They didn't get to farm because nobody else was on the server. Isn't that experience much closer to classic than a 2 year 99.5% stranglehold?

Does playing on a empty box really simulate "classic" and the sport of competition??

As a community can we come together and find a constructive solution?

- Oppressor
Old 02-04-2014, 03:29 PM
Planar Protector

The real problem is in the red community.

Too many spineless weaklings that defect rather than fight the good fight.
Old 02-04-2014, 03:34 PM
Planar Protector

I think this is a pretty good post. But my opinion is that you can't fix this server the way people are asking without double or triple the population, and what is going on with RD/Nihilum at the high end isn't what is causing population issues.

What I think we can do though is talk about some changes that may keep people involved once they decided to start here, implement some of those changes and then have some events to attempt to grow the population.

I'd say my first suggestion would be put the PVP range to +/- 4 like RZ.

Another would be to increase exp rate bonus from 1-50.

The third would be to get commitment from guild leadership of all major guilds to have guild sponsored events for the lower level population. Be it level 20-30 PVP tournaments (Mrbigs could be a boss mob..take him down and win a CoF or something), guild plvl events, item raffles, whatever. Do what it takes to change the outside opinions. Maybe get some blue players to reroll, who knows.

Probably not popular with a lot of people but whatever.
Old 02-04-2014, 03:35 PM
Planar Protector

While that's true Edward, the system is rigged to help make defecting the easy play.
Old 02-04-2014, 03:37 PM
Planar Protector

If you don't think the end game here turns players away then I don't know what to tell you. While it is obviously not the only issue (the ghost town environment with zero groups from 1-60 is huge) it's a HUGE issue.
Old 02-04-2014, 03:40 PM
Planar Protector

I know HB - I think Nihilum is even more spineless and weak for taking apps they don't need just to spit in the opposition's face over some perceived slight.
Old 02-04-2014, 03:45 PM
Sarnak

Kergan: You make some strong points. Thanks for contributing constructively!

I like your ideas to make it more fun and involving for new players. I think that's a better approach for sure.

I am trying follow what you are saying without putting words in your mouth. My observation from what you wrote is that you would say the biggest problem we have is a population one?

1) If we are trying to attract more casuals, what does the current endgame offer them?

2) What would you propose for keeping them here once they hit 52 and minimizing the burn and churn we all agree is a problem? Thanks again for your input!
Old 02-04-2014, 03:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartbrand [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you don't think the end game here turns players away then I don't know what to tell you. While it is obviously not the only issue (the ghost town environment with zero groups from 1-60 is huge) it's a HUGE issue.
I think I've come to realize that the majority of people who start here just want some casual PVP and/or a faster exp rate. The way things are setup now actually may help retain some players believe it or not, as they can join Nihilum and don't have 3 hour PVP battles over every dragon. The die hards that come with blood lust are few and far between.

Most people never make it to the high end to see what its like, they are griefed off by untagged RD/Azrael alts in Unrest or MM. Sorry to turn this post somewhat inflammatory but I watched with my own two eyes the way the level 20-50 game is on this server as my brother solo'd up on his monk. He was basically followed into every nook and cranny of any outdoor Kunark exp zones by rangers like Exed and murdered, all the while being told to app to RD. Basically, join or die. Your guild causes as many if not more problems with this server population with that behavior, plus a couple choice murderbots in group friendly exp zones, then Nihilum does with their dominance and stranglehold of the top 1% of the game.

For all the shit you guys give Tune about murdering level 52s, he could have had a full VP geared warrior or rogue in Unrest obliterating everyone in site and never did, and so could many Nihilum members.
Old 02-04-2014, 03:46 PM
Planar Protector

GM's riding blue success to paid GM positions in Pantheon project I bet =)

GM's opinion on red is just "that's just EQ pvp, it never really worked on live or here"

Having a box dedicated to a neckbeard crew farming static boring raid mob targets is disgusting, and support the above messages.

Just need variance, they won't work hard for those lesser targets they need nothing from, and throw a 2nd guild a bone - farming static mobs is easy and efficient, and boring.
Old 02-04-2014, 03:47 PM
Planar Protector

End game isn't for everyone nor should it be.

A healthy server needs the bulk of people ok with farming, pvping and just playing non raid targets.
Closed Thread