Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2017, 05:06 PM
Aviak

I'm hoping that I can find a decent place to solo as a cleric at 40. Root and Nuke, and heal as I can at the moment. Where did you level from 35-40? And what did you end up doing for 40 and (hopefully) up?

Check out FatMagic's EQLite. It'll cut your P99 install down to 1.4gb
Old 04-30-2017, 05:14 PM
Sarnak

Unfortunately it's really not viable. I went the same route - had a cleric I built with the idea of soloing with a Dawnfire. Human Inny, put in Dex at creation, got dex gear, dawnfire, snare neck and fear mask.

The problem is you don't have a slow. So tanking the mobs requires a lot of healing - and from a DPM perspective its not efficient. One Sup Heal is a similar mana cost to two Expel undeads...which should do around 550 damage, a similar amount as your Dawnfire proc. And you will take more damage than a single Sup Heal every minute.

Fear kiting doesn't work well because the snare duration is just kinda low, and it's not a high percent snare.

Dawnfire is fun - you can reasonably be a DPS slot through Lguk and even in KC if you happen to be in a two healer group. You can probably duo pretty well with a monk by throwing hots on him and meleeing in between, or with a shaman with him slow tanking.
Old 04-30-2017, 05:27 PM
Planar Protector

with no double attack no high dex no high ac no regen you will be almost dead before it procs. GL tho
Old 05-04-2017, 12:55 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torin_Stormchaser [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm hoping that I can find a decent place to solo as a cleric at 40. Root and Nuke, and heal as I can at the moment. Where did you level from 35-40? And what did you end up doing for 40 and (hopefully) up?
I did MM from 35 to 40 on my cleric. At 40 I did try spectres in Oasis with a Dawnfire, and I was able to solo melee them, but I was wearing average gears and it was rough.

To really pull it off, you'd need a fungi tunic IMO with some decent haste and hp/dex gears. The proc hits hard, and seemed to proc 2 times a fight and that was with a subpar setup.

When I get more plats I might try this again with better gears on my cleric but atm I am leveling a warrior so the cleric is shelved.
Closed Thread