Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2017, 12:57 AM
Planar Protector

Default lvl 40 cleric solo melee - is it possible?

I got a dawnfire I picked up on a great deal, just curious if it's possible to solo and melee any undead on the cleric at lvl 40? The proc is a 500+ undead nuke (banish undead iirc).

If anyone has any tips or comments on this, thanks in advance!
Old 02-23-2017, 01:04 AM
Fire Giant

I'm sure if you searched you'd find your answer. I recall a post about meleeing on a cleric. I imagine if you had a nice haste item and a fungi it'd be even better. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-23-2017, 07:49 AM
Fire Giant

Make sure mob is rooted, so you can withdraw at any time. Heal as needed. Should be possible, but good dex would help. Still, this kind of soloing will probably not be very efficient since you might need a lot of heals.
Old 02-23-2017, 08:46 AM
Planar Protector

Any ideas what zones have 35ish lvl undead mobs? My cleric is 40 and the weapon just started to proc at 40.
Old 02-23-2017, 09:37 AM
Planar Protector

The 'named' froglok ghouls are about 35 in gukbottom.

Spectres are a couple of levels above 35.

Don't forget you have cheap stuns to use if you want to reduce incoming dps and load up on AC to achieve satisfactory mitigation.
Old 02-23-2017, 10:30 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Any ideas what zones have 35ish lvl undead mobs? My cleric is 40 and the weapon just started to proc at 40.
Lower Guk could sustain you to the 50s (assuming it's a viable leveling strategy). Mobs range from 30ish to 45ish. Fantastic zone!
Old 02-24-2017, 12:20 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The 'named' froglok ghouls are about 35 in gukbottom.

Spectres are a couple of levels above 35.

Don't forget you have cheap stuns to use if you want to reduce incoming dps and load up on AC to achieve satisfactory mitigation.
yes I was thinking what I could get, if I should get ac or hp gears if I was going to try to melee on the cleric.

Guk might be interesting, or spectres... My cleric is human inny worshipper so I got snare necklace too, wonder if I could fear kite stuff?
Old 02-24-2017, 12:50 AM
Fire Giant

The neck is short duration, not a big snare (speed-wise), and resisted a lot. I think of it more as a nice toy...

As for hp vs ac. I'd suggest ac. If you have more hp it just means you'll have more to heal. If you have more ac you'll need less healing. I could be wrong, but I'd imagine you could get a lot more ac gear (that has stats on it) than you could get hp gear (without sacrificing a chunk of ac)....

Now I kind of want to put my CoF and fungi on my level 17 cleric.... [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-24-2017, 10:16 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDawg816 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The neck is short duration, not a big snare (speed-wise), and resisted a lot. I think of it more as a nice toy...
that neck is incredibly useful for solo'ing/duoing raid content
Old 02-24-2017, 01:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Jeff [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
that neck is incredibly useful for solo'ing/duoing raid content
I spent a lot of time on that cleric before taking a break on him. I also got the Fright Forged Helm quest completed on him which is really a useful insta-clicky, giving the cleric deadeye/see invis. I was hoping the neck one day would be useful for something, I have used it in groups to snare runners but nothing more than that so far.
Closed Thread