Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2017, 05:48 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have a 63 Ranger on phinney. You basically covered it. All classes are basically just beefier versions of p99s classes. Otherwise they all play the same as you're used to on p99. I turn on old models so characters look like I'm used to seeing.
Does the fact that the classes are beefier drastically change the gameplay? If you are a level 1 will you still die to a level 2 snake, or can all classes plow through mobs now?

If melee damage is increased, were spells increased proportionately? For example, does the typical group still consist of tank/heal and a smattering of melee and caster DPS, etc.

Thanks for the feedback!
Old 04-24-2017, 05:51 PM
Sarnak

Some will buy a krono from the shop to sell for PP or just trade a krono for it.. keep in mind that when you zone into Solb you can see if its camped, which it will be. once that zone reaches 30-40 players a new 'instence' will spawn. Which means there will be 2 Solb's to use. You can jump between the 2 or 3 or 4 versions with /pick.

Also keep in mind that if you are in a profitable camp, you are contested, trained, ks'd. the works. If you expect to do GEB camp with just yourself, or lets say 3 friends. You will meet a group of 6 that want it also and will lose.

It will not be a relaxing time to sit and smell the flowers. It is very entertaining to say the least.
Chillout - Enc
Worlds - War
Old 04-25-2017, 04:15 AM
Sarnak

Profitable camps will be just as camped as they are on any server. On p99 people camp them for platinum, on Agnarr ppl will camp them for platinum or Krono. Difference: on Agnarr, you might end up with multiple zones. The moment the broad Population reaches 50, you will have a few Lguk and SolB instances, resulting in more people getting the items they are looking for quicker.

The economy will face significant deflation as a lot of items will enter the market. Will be easier for new players entering at a later stage to twink, but it will also be harder for them to farm cash as item prices are low.

U also didn't mention very rapid expansion progress. With 12 weeks between expansions, the server will be at PoP within a single year.
Old 04-25-2017, 07:33 AM
Sarnak

Another difference is that ShowEQ use is rampant and not really controlled - main turn-off for me actually
Old 04-25-2017, 10:14 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Culkasi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Another difference is that ShowEQ use is rampant and not really controlled - main turn-off for me actually
Worst case is this affects people tracking down rare mobs in open world zones -- but since it's not a PvP server, it's not like your gonna have people b-lining to you and ganking you randomly in the middle of a zone, right?
Old 04-25-2017, 10:26 AM
Banned

So will Beastmaster be available from jump street or will have to wait 6 months for it to unlock?
Old 04-25-2017, 10:45 AM
Sarnak

Beastlord will be available with Luclin - 9months after Server Launch.
Old 04-25-2017, 10:54 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Culkasi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

No one on P99 has ever used ShowEQ

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-25-2017, 11:53 AM
Kobold

This sounds a bit appealing to me.

Currently I feel P99 is simply over-crowded, its impossible to do anything because EVERYTHING is camped 24/7.

I might try this out just to get a population thats not obviously too high for what the game can properly support.
Old 04-25-2017, 12:00 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squabbles123 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This sounds a bit appealing to me.

Currently I feel P99 is simply over-crowded, its impossible to do anything because EVERYTHING is camped 24/7.

I might try this out just to get a population thats not obviously too high for what the game can properly support.
TLP will have double the amount of players as p99... phinny i could see even having x3 more people playing. I grouped my entire way from 1-65, always having a full group.

p99 has far less players.
Chillout - Enc
Worlds - War
Closed Thread