Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 04-29-2017, 02:12 PM
Planar Protector

Default Bear form should not change factions.

I recently heard bear form changes faction.

This should not happen, you should be viewed as your native race.

I have tried finding anything to prove bear form does (or does not) alter faction, but could find nothing of era.

The best I could come up with was forum posts archived in 2004 (so we don't know when the thread initiated):

" I don't think bear form changes your faction like wolf form "

"Bear form does not affect faction in current zones.
Wolf form raises faction in some areas, lowers it in others. "

"no faction issues"

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/...ar-form.33357/
Old 04-29-2017, 02:33 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I recently heard bear form changes faction.

This should not happen, you should be viewed as your native race.

I have tried finding anything to prove bear form does (or does not) alter faction, but could find nothing of era.

The best I could come up with was forum posts archived in 2004 (so we don't know when the thread initiated):

" I don't think bear form changes your faction like wolf form "

"Bear form does not affect faction in current zones.
Wolf form raises faction in some areas, lowers it in others. "

"no faction issues"

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/...ar-form.33357/
Quote:

ARCHIVED-samL

My guild character is almost 29 (Barbarian). I see that this is one of my new spells. Is this something I will use all the time, or just situatioal? What are the faction isues? Thank you. I did a search and did not come up with any answers.

SamL
Wrong era, wrong bear form, This is FORM OF THE BEAR, not FORM OF THE GREAT BEAR

Quote:
ARCHIVED-Zenlatin, May 25, 2004
ARCHIVED-HeartView

If I remember right, I don't think bear form changes your faction like wolf form used to (still does?). You get a +5 WIS bonus and an extra point of HP regen. The biggest issue I have with it is that it is difficult to know when you are sitting or standing as your screen does not change when doing either.
Wrong era, wrong bear form, This is FORM OF THE BEAR, not FORM OF THE GREAT BEAR
Quote:
ARCHIVED-Sinneed, May 25, 2004
ARCHIVED-Mirajoy

“samL wrote:
My guild character is almost 29 (Barbarian). I see that this is one of my new spells. Is this something I will use all the time, or just situatioal? What are the faction isues? Thank you. I did a search and did not come up with any answers.

SamL”

form of bear adds 5 wisdom, a bit of regen (i think) and ultravision. depending on your stats and level of twinkage, you may or may not use it at all. (i used it a LOT)
no faction issues, altho its recomended NOT to use it while doing epic turnins. (dunno why)
(Because it does have an impact on turn in, faction modifier of some kind)

Quote:
ARCHIVED-Illmarr, May 25, 2004
ARCHIVED-Cattywumpus

I used bear form quite a bit before I got my drogmor. Since then I rarely use it at all. The meditation rate mana regen from the mount is much more valuable than the HP regen from bear form.
Wrong era.

http://lucy.allakhazam.com/spell.html?id=2523

VS

http://lucy.allakhazam.com/spell.html?id=1431

everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=9805
Quote:
Found in:

Abysmal Sea
Shar Vahl

~Urrsa -60 Ogre Shaman-
~Gream -60 Dark Elf Cleric-
~Greame -60 Halfling Druid-
~Oppa -41 Dark Elf Enchanter-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar View Post
boxers are responsible for ruining EQ.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken View Post
Rogean sits on his ivory throne and casts lightning bolts at anyone that disagrees with him or goes against the grain.
Last edited by Darkatar; 04-29-2017 at 02:38 PM..
Old 04-29-2017, 04:52 PM
Planar Protector

Thank you for playing Devil's advocate. I did admit the evidence I could find was late a I couldn't find much predating it, but thank you for reiterating that point.

Incidentally, do you have much evidence that faction changing does happen?

Regarding the epic thing; people are very paranoid/superstitious when it comes to epic hand ins on live as reimbursements were not so quick/generous. I'd hardly weigh people relaying hearsay of 'don't use it for your epic hand in for unknown reasons' the same as 'I have checked and this doesn't change your faction'.
Last edited by Jimjam; 04-29-2017 at 04:57 PM..
Old 04-29-2017, 05:18 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Incidentally, do you have much evidence that faction changing does happen?
I don't have any information on any of this, I was just curious when I saw the lv29 shaman talking about his new bearform spell, so I thought the thread had started out-of-era and looked into it from there.

I've always assumed since wolf(treeform?)/necro lich line/aon/enc illusions(minor illusion? Boon?)/clicky illusions changed your "race" in the race portion of faction calculations (from http://wiki.project1999.com/Game_Mechanics) that it would impact it in some way.

-A modifier for your god
-A modifier for your race
-A modifier for your class
-A modifier for your own faction changing efforts
-A modifier that is spell based
-A modifier that is NPC specific
-A zone modifier

Since you are changing your visible race, (%R returns bear for bear, wolf[or wolf elemental] for wolf, etc) I wouldn't have any reason to suspect bear would be different from all the other illusions.

~Urrsa -60 Ogre Shaman-

Quote:
Quote:
Rogean sits on his ivory throne and casts lightning bolts at anyone that disagrees with him or goes against the grain.
Old 04-29-2017, 05:24 PM
Planar Protector

I do remember on live the bitter disappointment my shaman of bear form not being the carte blanche for access anywhere like druids had with wolf form.

I was really confused why every illusion but bear form seemed to alter your faction standings. (I also had an enchanter).

Thinking about it now, all the different shaman races have a different bear form (polar/black/brown), perhaps each of these different forms faction mods match up to that of the race which cast the spell?

Maybe this is falsememory though. Hopefully more people can dig up more info and pin this down either way.
Last edited by Jimjam; 04-29-2017 at 05:27 PM..
Old 04-29-2017, 06:08 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
I do remember on live the bitter disappointment my shaman of bear form not being the carte blanche for access anywhere like druids had with wolf form.
It's worth noting that wolf form (and likely others) actually lowers faction in some cases (dramatically)

Wolf form would put my druid KOS to WW dragons when he was friendly without, once I maxxed his faction, He's able to stay non-KOS even while wolfed

~Urrsa -60 Ogre Shaman-

Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-03-2017, 12:21 AM
Decaying Skeleton

I played a barbarian shaman back in the day and definitely ran into problems when in bear form. In every city, if you changed to bear form, you would indeed get attacked. I remember running into Firiona Vi and getting killed by the guards numerous times...
Old 05-03-2017, 12:45 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riklin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I remember running into Firiona Vi and getting killed by the guards numerous times...
Not sure if the same is true for bears, but last time I wolf formed in firiona I was attacked as well.

~Urrsa -60 Ogre Shaman-

Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-03-2017, 01:29 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riklin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I played a barbarian shaman back in the day and definitely ran into problems when in bear form. In every city, if you changed to bear form, you would indeed get attacked. I remember running into Firiona Vi and getting killed by the guards numerous times...
When did you play; could it have been later? I played on live from Velious to LDoN and I don't ever remember bear form affecting faction. Quite to the contrary, I too:

Quote:
remember on live the bitter disappointment my shaman of bear form not being the carte blanche for access anywhere like druids had with wolf form

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 05-03-2017, 05:30 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not sure if the same is true for bears, but last time I wolf formed in firiona I was attacked as well.
Old world except for hallas wolf for gave you a big faction boost.
Kunark made you kos.
Velius towns lowers you 800points or so, so make sure you are high faction from start.

Bear form i think was treated as a normal illusion stats but no faction, I know there are a few old post about it, will find them when I get home
Last edited by Just facts; 05-03-2017 at 05:33 AM..